You are not logged in.

#26 17-06-07 19:16:53

AndyBerry

Re: D1 Minibus - Advice please.

It varies from vehicle to vehicle - our company examiner used to move the anti-spray brushes as they could be adjusted to make the exercise easier.

Andy

17-06-07 19:16:53

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 17-06-07 21:16:45

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

This use of a marker for reversing and the examiners not liking it, is a bit daft.  I have been told that we can now use a reversing camera for the test, so if we did, we could get it spot on every time.  I make our guys learn to do the test excercise though without using it.  Although we always teach to use it real life.  So what with being able to use the camera and now with PCV test candidates being able to get out once to check, it should never be outside the yellow box.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#28 17-06-07 21:29:00

AndyBerry

This use of a marker for reversing and the examiners not liking it, is a bit daft.  I have been told that we can now use a reversing camera for the test, so if we did, we could get it spot on every time.  I make our guys learn to do the test excercise though without using it.  Although we always teach to use it real life.  So what with being able to use the camera and now with PCV test candidates being able to get out once to check, it should never be outside the yellow box.

I would encourage people not to use the camera when teaching someone to drive, if they become dependant on it, they'd not be able to cope with a vehicle that didn't have it fitted or if it was broken

#29 17-06-07 22:29:59

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

We just teach the camera's use as an added aid for safe reversing (thats why we have them fitted).  Especially when reverse parking in our tight yard, as when they are training I do not let them use a banksman.

I find with most experienced drivers that they don't use them at all when they ought to be covering the blind spot with them and including the screen in their scan.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor

#30 18-06-07 16:51:49

Verified Member

Well Guys
I went and did my D1 test this afternoon at 14.30. It all went OK and I passed with 7 faults, not ideal but not too bad as I had no instruction at all, only what I gleaned from you guys. The last time I drove anything bigger than a car was in 1977 when I hired a Luton transit van for the afternoon when I moved house. I had a total of 4.5 hours with the minibus on my own over the last week.

Thanks again for your help.

Allan

#31 18-06-07 17:59:59

AndyBerry

Congrats Allan!

#32 18-06-07 18:02:43

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Well done, make the cheque payable to ....... lol

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#33 18-06-07 21:03:14

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations on the pass.  Glad you managed it before the July test vehicle changes.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor

#34 16-08-10 23:32:26

Matty26

The examiner will ask you to stop at the next bus stop so that passengers can get on and off safely, I passed my cat D test last week 4/8/10 at Atherton. You can drive in a bus lane as long as it is not local, if it says local on the signs then u MUST NOT drive in it. The good thing about where i did my test is in that area there are no local bus services, so all bus lanes you can drive in.

Board footer