You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-06-07 11:59:15

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Fleet driver training couses in preston

Hi guys I was just wondering who does fleet driver training in the preston Lancashire area, I may consider doing fleet training but I would like to know a couple of thing first, I have  a couple of questions,

1) How much work is really out their for fleet trainers.

2) How much does one of these courses cost. Is the course pay as you go or pay up in full.

3) How many hours/days do these courses last.

4) What happens if you fail the course.

I would appreciate any advice from people who are already fleet driver trainers or people who have completed the fleet driver traning courses recently, I would like to know if you got work from completing these course or if you were miss sold these courses thanks in advance peter

13-06-07 11:59:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fleet driver training couses in preston

#2 13-06-07 13:57:00

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Peter, Lancashire county council do a very well respected Fleet course, and doing this may help with getting work on the NDIS schemes in the area.

I did mine down in Stoke on Trent with hector from here (www.excelsiortraining.co.uk). It was an excellent course, and costs around £700 for the 4 or 5 days (depending on how you work it).

Most courses come in under £1000, I think even the RoSPA (highly respected, and relatively highly priced!) is less than that, but by doing it with them you get a better chance of getting work with them.

I was told honestly that there were no guarantees with the Fleet Course, and I really don't think there are - I think it has everything to do with your sales and marketing skills at the moment, though this may change as new legislation takes effect.

As far as how much work I get - well none so far, but that's because I haven't looked for it yet - ask me in a year when I'm up and running and I'll be able to give you a better idea! I think I will need to be very proactive to get the work, but once you've got it the benefits should become obvious to those doing it. Very much a case of "foot in the door".

Sure some of the fleet guys with more experience will add to this.

#3 13-06-07 15:52:15

copone
Verified Member

I did my ROSPA Fleet course about 12 months ago. Very good course, but you had to know your stuff ( Roadcraft and Highway Code). It was a 5 day course costing about £1000. Once you pass the course you register with the DSA and Rospa to be a fleet trainer. To be truthful I have had very little work from Rospa, but I believe there has been a big change in staff recently, so things should get better. In relation to Fleet work, I have been busy since qualifying. Send your CV to some of the well known companies and if they have vacancies they will contact you. Next month I am going to Qatar for 3 months (very hot, but better than this rain). So once you get yourself known, there should be no problems, and it will get better due to various legislation having been passed in parliament. Good luck, hope things turn out well for you.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

#4 13-06-07 17:55:26

ExAdiNigel

First off, get the info pack from the DSA.  The pack contains a list of all the companies that provide DSA accredited courses, many of whom also take on Fleet registered ADI's for freelance work.

I don't get a lot of work out of RoSPA but I used to get quite a bit from Drive & Survive and probably could again if I pestered them again.

Talk to local NDIS suppliers - you don't usually need to be Fleet registered to get involved in that and it gives you a bit of a flavour as to what the work is like.

RoSPA usually give a discount to those who have passed the RoSPA advanced test at Gold level.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 13-06-07 20:12:41

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Cheers Tim I will give Lancashire county council a ring and see what info I can get from them

Cheers capone for your info on ROSPA course and prices.

Cheers Nigel I will give DSA a ring tomoz for info pack.

When is the new legislation coming into force and what will it involve?

#6 13-06-07 20:53:34

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

H&S regulations already are in force, but many people simply don't know about them have a look at www.orsa.org.uk for some really good links. Also the corporate manslaughter laws (can't remember whether these are in force yet or not).

Also: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1999/19993242.htm for the dull legislation that relates to this.

Also: http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/resources/employers.htm for some seriously useful occupational road safety information (really good for the presentation part).

Also: http://www.hse.gov.uk/roadsafety/.

Hope this helps.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 13-06-07 21:02:22

pinball
Verified Member
Website

H&S regulations already are in force, but many people simply don't know about them have a look at www.orsa.org.uk for some really good links. Also the corporate manslaughter laws (can't remember whether these are in force yet or not).

Also: http://www.opsi.gov.uk/SI/si1999/19993242.htm for the dull legislation that relates to this.

Also: http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/resources/employers.htm for some seriously useful occupational road safety information (really good for the presentation part).

Also: http://www.hse.gov.uk/roadsafety/.

Hope this helps.

Cheers tim I will take a look at all of these thanks

Board footer