You are not logged in.

#1 10-11-04 23:00:45

rrmark
Verified Member

Pt2 in Slough

Hi I have my pt2 in Slough in a couple of months does anybody have any info ie possible routes or particular hazards to watch for, any help would be appreciated.

Mark

10-11-04 23:00:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pt2 in Slough

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 12-01-05 01:03:29

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I have my part 2 in Slough also and would be keen to know what route they will take me.

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#3 13-01-05 20:44:40

Rog
Website

Sitting my Part 1 on Tue (18/01), so I'd also be interested.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#4 14-01-05 20:57:14

Diane I
Verified Member

HI I'm affraid Ididn't take my test in Slough I took mine in hayes and like you didn't really know the area that well,so the week before  my test I took a drive round to look for sneeky speed change roads and where I might join the motorway which hepled a little,but to be honest they will probably take you in a big circle so they start and finish at the test centre so you might go Langley way. The first thing we did was go to a local estate to do all our manoeuvres then we went on our long drivetaking in country roads and motorways and all things in between.The way I got through the test was to think of this as just 1 hour out of my life act confident (even if you feel like a jelly) keep to the speed limits and keep checking those mirrors! Hope this helps a little and a big good luck... and yes thankfully I past first time.

#5 15-01-05 01:31:04

Rog
Website

Many thanks and well done Diane.

What's the name of your school?

Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#6 15-01-05 10:03:23

Diane I
Verified Member

I train with The Instructor College

#7 15-01-05 10:28:11

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I second that, well done Dianne,
How not to be a Jelly, under great pressure how do you do that?
I will be taking a drive to Slough to follow the two possible routes before my test in March. After 2 lessons so far my mirror checking needs to be sorted out big time. Good luck to Mark next week for  part 2 and Cheers to Dianne for Part 3 and Rog for part 1

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#8 18-01-05 14:21:17

Rog
Website

I've passed my part 1!!. Oh my god, I've never been so nervous. It was at least as bad as the first time, as I new how hard the HPT was going to be. I scored 100 again for the theory and 64 for the HPT.

To make sure that this time was a pass I purchased both the official DSA DVD (which only has 10 clips by the way) and the Focus Hazard Perception 2 CD, which has 100 clips (all be it quite poor quality lower res clips). Between the two I managed to practice the only way of completing the test without getting the dreaded 'X', and that's to disregard all fixed and non-developing hazards. Click on these and you'll end up with more then 8 flags, which is where things get dicey on the 'X' front. Instead, you need to concentrate on only those which may cause you to take action.

I also had a strong coffee and a couple of Lucozade glucose sweets before setting the test to ensure I was fully alert  :shock:

#9 18-01-05 17:57:20

Diane I
Verified Member

Well done Rog great news.  Diane big_smile

#10 18-01-05 18:34:47

Rog
Website

Thanks Diane.

Only problem now is that my instructor is on holiday then fully booked, so my next lesson isn't for another month. Do you or any other post part 2er's have any tips on the priorities for things to concentrate on whilst I drive around waiting for my next lesson? I'd done very well leading up to my first lesson and simulated test, but backed off at Christmas after failing the part 1. My main weakness is my mirror checks. I've slipped back to signal, mirror, manoeuvre and the odd cross hands, both of which are cardinal sins I know. So I can work on those, but anything else?

All tips greatly appreciated.

#11 19-01-05 18:17:32

Diane I
Verified Member

All my lessons were weeks apart also so what I did (I must be mad ) was talk myself through my drive to work or the shops this did seem to help. I also practised my  block gear changing till I got it right because like so many I wasn't taught that way and now I don't think twice about driving that way. DI smile

#12 20-01-05 17:28:39

donegalbiddy

Hi there well done to you on passing and getting onto the next stage.  I agree with Diane I, talking really does help.  I am currently training for part 3, or will be next week, but when I was out training for part two the trainers advised to use commentary driving, and it certainly improved my driving.  If you are forgetting to use mirrors before you signal,if you were talking about whats going on, it would remind you what comes next.  Give it a try it really does help

#13 20-01-05 18:35:06

Rog
Website

Diane I & donegalbiddy,

Many thanks for your input. I had been giving commentary before Christmas, when my driving was vastly improving. This is one of practices that I must get back into.

I must be very careful, as it's very easy to slip back  :oops:

#14 20-01-05 18:45:26

donegalbiddy

Rog

Keep it up!  Sometimes i still find the commentary weird, especially when you pull up at traffic lights and the guy in the car next to you is giving you funny looks,  :? .  No seriously though keep at it and it will all become natural to you lol

#15 26-01-05 19:13:35

Rog
Website

I've got back into the swing of going for drives every day now for between 90 and 120 mins. Each day I can notice a little improvement, especially with the commentary. To make things easier, on top of the normal mirror checks for general hazards, speeding up, slowing down and roundabouts etc. I'm training myself to carry out a mirror check each time I see a road traffic sign. This way I'm unlikely to miss a vital check.

#16 26-01-05 23:14:58

petersull

I don't know if they will do it for you but as adi we can email dsa and they will send all test routes for areas.When i received mine they also included the adi part 2 routes.Not very useful for you as its in southampton.

GOOD LUCK to you all.

#17 27-01-05 09:45:15

Rog
Website

petersull,

Did that last week. The DSA emailed me routes 1 and 2 for Slough, as they did for rmark, but neither had any motorway work and rmark ended up sitting route 4 for Slough? I've asked them to send me 'all' the routes including the motorway sections.

Regards
Rog

#18 27-01-05 14:29:11

Nimrod

Hi Rog,

I think you will find that the route they take you on for your Part 2 doesn't bear any resemblence to the "normal" driving test routes. 

Nim

#19 29-01-05 00:21:44

Rog
Website

Nimrod,

They should do, the forms are headed:

Slough Driving Test Centre
            ADI Part 2 Test

Route 1 (and for route 2)

When I asked the DVLA to explain the missing routes and motorway sections I received the following reply (cut and pasted from the email):

Dear Mr Catchpole,

Thank you for your e-mailed correspondence regarding ADI test routes or the Slough Test Centre.

I understand that you have received two of the existing test routes for Slough; however you are in the knowledge that there are two other routes being used for ADI tests.  I have been in contact with the examiner who conducts the ADI tests at Slough.  He has confirmed that apart from the two existing routes, he is currently using two other test routes that do include the M40.  Unfortunately, I am unable to forward these routes to you at present as there are still amendments to be made to these before they can be finalised and approved for use.  The examiner has assured me that he will be finalising these routes very shortly, and copies of these will be forwarded to you as soon as we receive them.   

I shall ensure that as soon as we are in receipt of these routes copies will be forwarded to you.

I trust I have helped clarify matters for you, should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Sincerely,

Ben Meakin

Customer Service Unit

#20 29-01-05 07:42:00

ExAdiNigel

So why is the SE using routes for test that haven't been approved for use?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer