You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 31-03-04 23:18:25

DODOLOVER

MANCHESTER LEARNER DUNCE REQUIRES DRIVING INSTRUCTOR GENIUS

I'm 27 and have been learning for 10 years with MASSIVE gaps in between.  I have never gone to test and always stopped my lessons after about 7 lessons due to being a wimp and moving etc... I am desperate to have a licence and I need someone  who is very nice and calming to take me on board.  I have little confidence in myself with driving but all my instructors from all over the UK have said the same I am a good driver, be good as a fire engine driver apparently! Anyway I live near Bury in Manchester and would like to hear from some knights in shining armour to help this fearful maiden.

Thanks

N.xx   roll [/quote]

31-03-04 23:18:25

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: MANCHESTER LEARNER DUNCE REQUIRES DRIVING INSTRUCTOR GENIUS

#2 31-03-04 23:40:53

jonks

Hi Dodolover

Don't worry too much. Loads of people pass their test in their late 20's or even late 30's or late 40's

There is nothing like the independence of being able to drive though, as expensive as it can be, it is a life changing qualification, so don't give up.

I'm sure that you will find loads of encouraging advice on this site, if you have any questions, please do ask us....

Welcome to the forums

#3 01-04-04 07:15:12

Liesa

Hi Dodlover

Welcome to the site!

Sorry I can't help with your lessons as you're too far away. Your age will make no difference to you learning and passing your test succesfully. I teach, people over the age of 50 on a regular basis, so you're really still a baby!  wink

As Jonks say's once you get started, stick at it and you'll get there.

Good luck in finding an instructor, try looking down the promote your driving school board, I'm sure there must be someone listed on it who covers your area. 

please come back and let us know how you're getting on. We'd love you to participate in the discussions, 1 of our moderators is learning to drive, and would love to be able to share experiences with as many other learners as possible.

Use the site to ask as many questions as you need like, just remember we're here to help.

I'll look forward to hearing from again you soon!

#4 01-04-04 11:54:07

Folk

Welcome to the site!

I'm the Moderator that Liesa is talking about who is learning to drive.  I am quite a bit older than you - better starting late than never! 

I hope you will be successful in finding the right instructor and starting lessons again, but when you reach your 7th lesson, don't be put off of going on further (if you feel history is repeating itself, eg you have reached this stage many times previously). 

I hope you will keep us all posted as to your progress and please feel free to ask ANY questions you may have.  There are lots of instructors on this site who have many years of experience in dealing with all sorts of people and they are only too pleased to help.

Folk smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 06-04-04 16:50:17

Gizmotime
Administrator

DODOLOVER wrote:

I'm 27 and have been learning for 10 years with MASSIVE gaps in between.  I have never gone to test and always stopped my lessons after about 7 lessons due to being a wimp and moving etc... I am desperate to have a licence and I need someone  who is very nice and calming to take me on board.  I have little confidence in myself with driving but all my instructors from all over the UK have said the same I am a good driver, be good as a fire engine driver apparently! Anyway I live near Bury in Manchester and would like to hear from some knights in shining armour to help this fearful maiden.

Thanks

N.xx   roll

Hiya DODOLOVER

You sound really nice and determined to do this,A lot of people don't start to learn till even later on in life than you are your only a baby yet wink  well you are to me anyway.
I am NOT an ADI but I can offer you support,have you got your own car? the reason I am asking is because I am only just up the road from you,and if needed to help with your confidence ect I would be willing to sit in with you and help that way :oops: I drive an Automatic now but still can drive a Manual and I do know what I am doing.
Hope you don't mind me offering to help.

And by the way YOU ARE NOT A WIMP.

Board footer