You are not logged in.

#1 24-05-07 08:40:27

Brad Pitstop
Verified Member

How often do you sit in on PRT3 TESTS?

Hi all,
        I would be interested to hear how often trainers sit in on PRT3 tests, and also if you passed your PRT3 sometime ago how do you keep up to date with the test requirements?

I had a particularly bad initial experience with a trainer who from the result of my first PRT3 obviously had no idea what was actually required for the test. This guy had been in the business years and was grade 5 or 6 and he put me in the situation of being asked by the examiner why I had come to test at this standard. End result one life lost and I look like a numpty with 2/3. On the up side I changed trainers. Worrying thing is I believe that this guy thought he new what he was doing!!!!

24-05-07 08:40:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How often do you sit in on PRT3 TESTS?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 24-05-07 09:41:16

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Snap I've been there.

If your trainer does not show an interest in sitting in the back they may not be too good.  Where do you think they learn there antics from?  Good trainers should be able to mimmic a SE in training sessions and MOCK Part 3 tests!

I could write a book on the things some trainers miss and are CRITICAL to a) passing and b) more importantly been a safe instructor!  LOL

Oh well onwards and upwards.....good luck!

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#3 24-05-07 11:03:25

striker
Verified Member

I try to sit in as often as I can, both on part 2 and 3, the only thing is the PDI's nerves and or where they take the test. If I dont sit in I like to be at the debrief if I can. By doing this you can sometimes help the PDI were they have gone wrong if they fail and if they pass share in the happiness.

No Pain No Gain

#4 24-05-07 11:27:24

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Because the part 3 is so different from a driving test it is worth sitting in on as many part 3's as the customers are happy with.

On the L-test and the part 2 the candidate has to cope with the road conditions, and the examiner is simply there to observe how well they do this, but on part 3 the examiner becomes something to contend with - and some are quite imaginative! By watching as many as possible you start to get a feel for what you can do to prepare your candidate in the same way that on a "driving" test of whatever level you try to find as many difficult situations to test their abilities.

#5 29-05-07 17:35:56

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

Here Here Timmanwaringadi!

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#6 03-06-07 09:42:42

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I only do one day a week ADI training, but so far have a good record of success.  I do sit in on pt3, but rarely pt2.  The main thing I find is if it's their first go they are reluctant to have you there, that in itself is pleasing, as it means they feel confident in their ability, and you have been good at your job.

I have coffee with my SE and we chat about these things, so that keeps me up to date.

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Board footer