You are not logged in.

#1 23-05-07 13:52:11

Janey1
Verified Member

Road Traffic Act

Hi all

Please can someone clarify whether a delivery driver (HGV or LGV) can urinate in public as long as they do not expose themselves?

Please can someone also tell me whereabouts this is in the Road Traffic Act.

Many thanks

Janey

23-05-07 13:52:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Road Traffic Act

#2 23-05-07 14:39:14

AndyBerry

This one causes many headaches... I don't think it is in the RTA... it used to be 'acceptable' for a HGV/PCV driver to urinate against the nearside rear wheel (only) but a driver caught doing this recently by an officer was mentioned to the company (nothing serious came from it, just a friendly warning)...

I'd advise avoiding it if possible, however in a lay-by behind the bushes is probably safest place to go!

#3 23-05-07 14:49:22

Janey1
Verified Member

Thanks Andy - I caught one the other day whilst parked on a double yellow, although was covered by the drivers door, you could clearly see what he was up to!!

#4 23-05-07 21:58:44

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

An ex traffic policeman who used to work for us, told me it was from the policemans act or something similar and it was a very old act.  It was originally meant for policemen.  Our company has brought out a policy on it and its forbiden, it will be a disciplinary for our people.  I did try to make the point that you just can't park a 12mtr coach anywhere and sometimes the need is great, but it did not change their minds.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

Board footer