You are not logged in.

#1 16-05-07 19:33:27

dave.h
Verified Member

fleet training is there a demand ??

i would like some information on fleet training to help me decide to try this.
I am a bit confused how is the best way to get onto the register and the training side of it ??
I have read that training providers do not recongnize each others courses eg rospa / dia and you may have to do several   
courses ??
and is there a real demand for this work ?
do you have to be linked to fleet training provider ?

thanks for your help !

16-05-07 19:33:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: fleet training is there a demand ??

#2 16-05-07 19:35:39

Angel
Verified Member
Website

I hope so, am booked on a course in a couple of weeks!

I'm teetering on the brink-please push!!

ADI car and Fleet trainer

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 16-05-07 19:51:28

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Having not long passed my part 3 and having a Rospa dip, I would like to try the fleet route as well and maybe into the LGV market.
so any info would help as well

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#4 16-05-07 21:30:29

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Got my fleet badge through hector (www.excelsiortraining.co.uk) which was great, and I've set up a website which gets a few hits, but without actively searching for the work it won't come in.

Speaking to a few ADIs who actively searched for and solicited this work they have told me that there is lots out there once you get your foot in the door.

There is a bit of a problem with some of the bigger companies only employing fleet registered ADIs who have done their own course - but this is always going to happen.

I think that if you want it, and are a reasonably good salesperson you'll be able to get it.

#5 17-05-07 21:27:56

dave.h
Verified Member

thanks for your advice tim think i will look into this any other info much appreciated thanks !

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 20-05-07 23:42:58

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Got my fleet badge through hector (www.excelsiortraining.co.uk) which was great,

when i was training for part 3 I got some useful info from Hector on fleet, but as I was still a PDI I never looked to far into it, once I passed part 3, I went looking for the Hector yikes but cant find him............ is he no longer on this site?

its the fleet side of things I would like to try in(along with learners), but more so the LGV side.............

Driver CPC Trainer

#7 21-05-07 04:52:17

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Ekal
Im still here,just really busy at the moment.

I will pm you though this week.As regards your Roadar the DSA only go back twelve months as regards obtaining your fleet badge.

Nigel.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 21-05-07 23:48:08

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

As regards your Roadar the DSA only go back twelve months as regards obtaining your fleet badge.

Nigel.

yeah found that bit out sad does that mean i have to re-sit it then to get registered?

Driver CPC Trainer

#9 22-05-07 05:28:06

hector
Verified Member
Website

Yes to be entered on fleet register you would need to do another course or go the DSA qualifying route.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#10 22-05-07 06:14:02

ExAdiNigel

Or, possibly, wait until your RoADAR Diploma is due for renewal?  Remember the Diploma has to be resat every 3 years.

Nigel (starting to brick it, mine is due this year)

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#11 22-05-07 11:19:32

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Or, possibly, wait until your RoADAR Diploma is due for renewal?  Remember the Diploma has to be resat every 3 years.

would be great if my re-test would suffice, but somehow I dont think so  sad

the re-test is only a drive to Gold standard so cant see that qualifying???

Driver CPC Trainer

#12 22-05-07 13:36:01

ExAdiNigel

adiNigel wrote:

would be great if my re-test would suffice, but somehow I dont think so  sad

the re-test is only a drive to Gold standard so cant see that qualifying???

I think you are wrong there, I believe instructional commentary is also required.  I would imagine (but don't know) the examiner will also play the part of a trainee too - just like the Diploma test.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#13 22-05-07 18:52:30

hector
Verified Member
Website

RoADAR resit wouldnt qualify.

The DSA need full qualification on an accredited course or the dsa EXAM ROUTE within the previous twelve months to obtain a fleet badge.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#14 22-05-07 20:16:41

tim
Verified Member

There absolutly is a demand, although it really helps if you have a Police Traffic background.

I only mainly do this type of work these days. Companies are not too interested in the DSA Fleet badge on its own - they want another USP. RoADA dip will get a foot in the door, but little else will. DIA is hardly recognised unless the MD is or knows a driving instructor - even then H&S dictate that companies do the best they can, and with more ex traffic guys coming into the business, it does not bode fair for others who have not had that particular experience.

Once in the system however, you will do well. It is normal to earn 200/day. Some will pay lots more.

I wish you luck

Tim

#15 22-05-07 21:41:07

jonnmedds
Verified Member

Tim is right there really is a demand BUT you cant just get your badge sit on your bum and expect the work to roll in. You have to go and find it for yourself.

I got my fleet badge in March this year and the first thing I did was to do a search on the web for fleet companies and then E-Mailed them my CV and cover letter, I must have sent around 30 CV's. Most of the companies said they have enough trainers but that they'll keep my CV on file.
Sending out the CV's worked as i now have three companies supplying me with work.

#16 23-05-07 05:10:54

hector
Verified Member
Website

Demand is huge if you get yourself out there, e-mailing cv's is alright but better phone call or in person.
Several of my clients on fleet course are working 3 full days on fleet within weeks of completing the course.
Quals are a big help, most fleet company's look specifically for teaching qualifications,diplomas,rospa gold etc. The orange badge alone isnt normally enough.
Better still why work for someone else! get your own work there is a massive untapped market out there for the right person to tap there way into!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

Board footer