You are not logged in.

#1 14-05-07 19:59:16

KymThePeril

Chingford or Chigwell practice buddy

Hi everyone, I'm new  big_smile
I was hoping to find someone I can practice for my part two ADI test. I live in Chigwell but can also meet up in daytime in Chingford. My test is in 3 weeks so I am really desperate. My trainers at the college dont say if they think I am good or ready and didnt even tell me when to put in for my test, I have done all the sessions that I am allowed at the college until after I pass part two but I really dont know if I am anywhere near ready.
If anyone local has passed part two lately, and can give me some help I will be eternally grateful. Thankyou all for reading.
Kymmyxx

My kids are my world. My world needs a bigger house.

14-05-07 19:59:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Chingford or Chigwell practice buddy

#2 14-05-07 21:25:28

KymThePeril

I have had a couple of emails from someone who says he used to be a member on here but isnt anymore but can still read the messages. he says he lives near me and that he would like to be my buddy, but I am not sure if it will be a good idea to meet him.
He says in one of the emails that he also trained with the same college as I am attending but is now working for a local driving school. He says he wont charge me for the training practice but we can use his driving school car that has instructor pedals.
He also says that he has a very full diary for the next three weeks but he is not working tomorrow and so we can meet up and half a few hours practicing together.

The thing is I'm a bit worried, my husband wont be home during the day so cant meet this man with me and he says that i can see if he is genuine or not by his posts that are in the reviews section for The Instructor College but I cant see any posts by the name he told me he used but i did see someone saying they are sorry that this person failed his test.

Can anyone tell me if Dimmy is a real member of this forum and if he is or was a member is he safe to meet for practicing or should I go with my gut feeling and not arrange anything.

The thing is I only have three weeks before my test and this guy says his only free time is tomorrow in thr next three weeks. I am desperate for some extra practice with someone who has past part 2 but at the same time I am a bit worried he might be a pervert or something that just reads forums looking for the vunerable.

What do you guys think? Is this dimmy person real and is he ok to meet with? He says he needs an answer tonight so he can sort out his day tomorrow, it all just seems a bit too convenient that his only free day is the day after i make a message about needing a training buddy.

#3 14-05-07 21:33:14

pj
Verified Member

I know Dimmy and have met him, you are quite safe with him, his girlfriend would have his guts for garters if he mis-behaved :evil: lol

His posts got deleted in error when he left the forum.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#4 14-05-07 21:36:29

jonks

Dimmy is indeed an ex member of the forum. I'm not really sure why he is an ex member rather than still a member, but yes he is an ex member.

I don't know much about dimmy on a personal level, but yes he is an ex member of DTT.

#5 14-05-07 21:38:20

jonks

I;m extremely interested to know how Dimmy, or any non member, got your Email address from here?

#6 14-05-07 21:44:39

KymThePeril

Thankyou all for getting back to me so quickly.
It sounds like he is ok to meet with for practice so I will email him about tomorrow. I will ask how he got my email address too in more detail, he said in the first email he got it from my message.

#7 14-05-07 21:47:54

KymThePeril

I see what you mean I just logged off and I cant see my email thingy until I log on again.

#8 14-05-07 21:48:42

jonks

As a guest, or even if he was a normal member he would not be able to get your Email address from your post, so yes, if you wouldn't mind asking him how he got it I would be very grateful. Just in case I have missed something security wise, i don;t want peoples Email addresses on display for obvious reasons smile

Even members should only be able to see their own Email addresses, not anyone elses.

Hope your practice goes well.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 15-05-07 10:14:03

Green Arrow
Verified Member

P.j knows Dimmy still wants a buddy she passed the email addy to me then i gave it to Dimmy.

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#10 15-05-07 20:03:29

maders
Verified Member
Website

Dimmy, is a great guy, i was out with him today, praciticing for part 2 test.
you would do well to have a few sessions with him, very good trainier

'be driven to success'

#11 15-05-07 21:03:55

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Ah Maders it must have been you that i was texting the other day Dimmy takes hours to text so i do it for him. It took us ages to find you a postcode blooming sat navs!  lol

#12 15-05-07 21:04:53

Green Arrow
Verified Member

And yep P.j i would  lol  lol

#13 15-05-07 21:31:10

maders
Verified Member
Website

Yes that was me! lol it was a really good, session and he is going to make a brilliant instructor. the kind of technic i want to have, i hope that i can have a fewe more session with him before my test. so you know anyother who are free to give me a helping hand??

'be driven to success'

#14 15-05-07 21:33:53

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Yes he did say to me he would like to go out with you in the car again before your test as you can learn so much from each other  smile

#15 15-05-07 21:34:41

KymThePeril

What a day I have had. I am so looking forward to my test it is unbelievable. I know I have still lots of practicing to do before I pass part two but I really am confident I will do it, and it is all down to Kevin, not my husband but the other Kevin or Dimmy as he likes to be called.
My poor Kevin has got so fed up with me talking about Dimmy tonight that he insisted I come on the computer so he can have some peace. Hahahaha that’s a first.
I know dimmy is no longer a member here, but I hope no one minds me talking about him. The man is a driving genius. He showed me so many things that meant something and in a way that when he explains it I just kept thinking ITS SO OBVIOUS why didn’t I know that before. Now my Kevin will tell everyone in the pub that  I just cannot reverse. Well I showed him, the car was perfectly parked in the drive and I reversed it perfectly all by myself and I mean inch perfect. I’ve never reversed into the drive EVER, I drive in and I back out but after Dimmy explained how to do it properly it is so easy. We did so much reversing today, around corners, behind cars and three point turns I just didn’t want to stop playing.
He has helped me with all kinds of stuff today, my postion. my speed. And my gear changes are so much better after what dimmy showed me.
The biggest change in my driving will be my speed especially in narrow roads and near schools. Dimmy explained all about doing a controlled stop, and I was really shocked. When I got home I had a little cry to myself before I had to go and pick the kids up from school. How Dimmy explains things in such easy to follow terms, and makes you actually do them your old way and his way really helps you to see why his way is better. One thing I do know, if there are any parked vans around I am never going to drive faster than 20mphs, Dimmy really opened my eyes up by his demonstrations about speed kills.
All my kids had extra big hugs before they got in my car after school and were treated to the smoothest ride home ever.

I hope Dimmy is able to read this, because I forgot to say just how thankful I was with his training today.

#16 15-05-07 21:36:55

maders
Verified Member
Website

i think that i might need it! lol, i hope that we can, coz i would like to get these bad habits and work on my MSPL and LADA skills alot more. i think i was getting to the point where i was asking myself 'am i doing the right thing, he has managed to but me back on the right path now. which is good.

'be driven to success'

#17 15-05-07 21:41:45

jonks

I don't mind you talking about Dimmy and I'm sure nobody else does. It's a mistery as to why he left really, he was a regular user and poster on DTT. I know there were a few things going on which are in the most part sorted now, but maybe he will come back, who knows.

Glad to hear you had a good days practice smile

#18 15-05-07 22:51:18

maders
Verified Member
Website

well i agree with Kymtheperil, she is a genious, in only 3 hrs he has shown me so much, i just need to practice it all and i will brilliant

'be driven to success'

#19 19-05-07 08:20:49

KymThePeril

Thankyou for calling me a genious Hahahaha.

Board footer