You are not logged in.

#1 09-05-07 10:56:29

pj
Verified Member

Well I did it

After 4 years of waiting I got fed up of waiting to hear from the DSA about a check test so I rang them a while back and asked for one, yes i know some of you might think I was mad but my badge is up for renewal in June and wanted to do one seeing as i had read so much about them.

Anyway it was today at 9 o'clock, took a great pupil with me and then lesson was going to be on dual carriageways ( morden has a lot of them so thought we would grab the opportunity to do them), god I was so nervous , now I know how my pupils feel waiting in the waiting room at the TC lol,

Now on her last lesson at the end she steered a bit late turning left , wasn't sure if it was due to being tired at the end of a 1 1/2 lesson so said we would look at that today, while incorporating turning left/right onto & off the D/C

Recap went great   got a 6
aims/ objectives     got a 6
level of instuction   got a 5
planning of lesson   got a 6
control of lesson     got a 5
communication       got a 6
Q & A                   got a 5
Feedback              got a 5
Recap                   got a 6
Attitude etc          got a 6

Core Comps got a 6 , 5 , 5 so overall got a 5 :evil:

Missed the 6 by a whisker aarrggghghhhhg lol we were doing a left off the D/C and there was a woman crossing with a buggy which un-nerved my pupil, she wobbled with her steer, I saw it but gave her the benefit of the doubt( big mistake), we then turned left at a mini r/a which she did fine (phew), we then had to emerge left onto a 40mph road and she took it really wide, anyway did the what , why how etc and went round and did it again, again she went wide so then lesson plan changed and went off to do lefts until they were sorted. 

SE said I did exactly the right thing but I should of done it 5 minutes earlier at the junction with the woman & buggy, and if I had done it end it would of been a 6. I am so annoyed with myself it's unreal, but I can live with a 5, at least I can hold my head up high when I go to Michael's later.......think I was more worried about facing him & Vanda if I had blown it and or got a 4 lol lol

So big tip for anyone with one coming up don't let the smallest thing go.

I have such a headache now sad

Big thanks go to Michael ( see Vanda & I have been listening to you for the past year) & Hector who gave me some great advice XX for both of you big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

09-05-07 10:56:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Well I did it

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 09-05-07 11:03:08

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Well done pj, know the feeling with the near miss!

My Ex said you've got a very good 5, and I nearly said could you not give me a weak 6 instead?!

Go and relax now it's over.

#3 09-05-07 11:05:18

pj
Verified Member

Forgot to mention that the SE said "I really enjoyed the lesson, thought it was great, you should see some of the crap I have to watch" lol lol lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#4 09-05-07 11:06:56

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#5 09-05-07 11:19:54

VandADI
Administrator

Aw pj, big hugs to you later, well done girl, Im so very proud of you. I'm sure we will both get that 6 the next time around  wink

#6 09-05-07 11:48:37

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Nice one pj great result. Even though you didnt get a six it was a lot of sixes mate.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#7 09-05-07 11:59:18

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

Nice one peej! Thrilled for ya!

#8 09-05-07 14:44:46

Blew
Verified Member

Well done pj

for your first check test a great result  smile

Blew.

#9 09-05-07 15:50:12

ExAdiNigel

WOW!

Well done!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#10 09-05-07 16:55:49

Mcshadaw
Verified Member

Brilliant...well done.  I've got my first in July, so I love to hear these.

#11 09-05-07 17:16:21

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Well done PJ

It will be the 6 next time I am sure.

were you a 4 before? they don't often jump grades smile

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#12 09-05-07 17:37:06

Target
Verified Member
Website

Nice!.....Often wondered about CT's on request.

It makes sense to focus on some extra training with the CT at the end. At the moment we really do not have that option.

My last one was near 2 years ago, so im expecting another very soon, or towards the end of the year.

Well Done!......

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#13 09-05-07 18:01:20

Kev D
Verified Member

PeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeJaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay xxxxxxx

well done hun, I knew you would do well ! ! ! !

Police Driver Trainer
Grade 6 ADI - May 2013

#14 09-05-07 18:11:04

Green Arrow
Verified Member

We're dead chuffed for you hun, you deserve it .Well donexx

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#15 09-05-07 20:03:39

la.monikita
Verified Member

well done dear ! brill result,  wink, call them in 6 months say you want another one for a six lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#16 09-05-07 21:06:41

pj
Verified Member

You must be kidding mon, don't think my household could take the stress again lol lol

Well done PJ

It will be the 6 next time I am sure.

were you a 4 before? they don't often jump grades smile

It was my first one Dave in 4 years yikes

PJ Dip DI

#17 09-05-07 21:08:50

alt
Verified Member

well done pj, you will get that 6 next time.

#18 09-05-07 21:57:07

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Blimey I thought mine was late after 2 years!!  Congratulations on a fantastic result, well deserved!  Good on you for taking the initiative and asking for the CT, not sure I would have!   big_smile big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#19 09-05-07 22:37:55

posh
Verified Member

great news pj.welldone. smile

Board footer