You are not logged in.

#26 12-03-07 18:24:11

kev elliott

Re: Online DipDI Study Sessions

Chris,
What modules are thinking of doing?

The only advise that i would give you is that you need to do little and often.

Keep going back over the subject, that way i find it sinks in.

As far as understanding the words go - there are new terms in the books but they make sense once you get the context they are used in sorted.

One of the tips i was given years ago about exam questions was to highlight the key words in the question. the key words would be the ones which tellyou what is expected - look for things like describe, list, compare, explain which will tell you the format of the answer. The other words to look out for are the ones which tell you the subject matter - licenses, atttitudes, procedures, the final ones to be careful of are the ones that tell you to exclude things so look out for excluding, apart from, as well as.

I have found this invaluable in keeping answers on target over the years.

12-03-07 18:24:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#27 10-04-07 08:25:00

Target
Verified Member
Website

just a quickie for those who are considering the dip di course.i rang the dia up last week & they said the deadline has passed for enrollment however you can still enter up until the end of april but will have to pay an additional charge to enter late.the normal charge is £45 a module but for applicants over the february deadline we have to pay an additional £15 per module totalling £60 per module + all applicants have to pay £75 for admin fees.iv'e just recieved my books & don't know where to start,i'm only doing 2 modules this year as there's not that much time till exams & it's gonna cost me £195 plus i had to buy the dia's instructor manual at £30 the rest of the books i already have.i don't know what iv'e let myself in for as iv'e just had a quick scan through & i don't understand a lot of the words never mind the questions & the dia's manual which is advised to read to help with studies is like a bible.oh dear.

any advice on how to structure studying will be appreciated.

chris

I've blown some cash on the books, which has stopped me buying those promotional pens I needed.

Im going to look at the stuff this morning, but time is a BIG problem. Wish I could just take time off a do it full-time. Having all the exams in one go is a problem also.

However. I'm planning my diary so I take one day off a week hopefully to give me the time. It will mean beefing up Saturday a little to cover the earnings.

Initially I think I'll start with what I see at the hardest module and leave the ones which require less work till the end and take perhaps 2 weeks holiday around the time of the exams.

Hopefully that should do it. It could all be a breeze but looking at the work load I doubt it.

So off to start reading now.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#28 10-04-07 16:55:14

Madiggy
Verified Member

Started mine on Friday just gone and cant believe how much work it initially seems I am going to have to do, but I'm on it now as we speak just stopped for a cuppa

Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#29 09-05-07 16:45:48

Walter
Verified Member

So as I understand it, this diploma costs 5 x £45 + 5 x £75 + extra enrolment charges + books/other training materials + lots of time outside of general daily teaching and therefore lots less family/leisure time?

I really don't want to be negative, because I agree with CPD in principle, but why do I feel so put off by these costs in time & money? neutral

Catch yer later alligator!

#30 09-05-07 20:49:34

Target
Verified Member
Website

Walter.........I totally agree with you. I thought it was just around £45 + books (£100/£150) and perhaps a local charge, but thats by the by to the time you will loose reading and studying.

I thought long and hard about attempting this, as I do not think it will make me welfy overnight.

Alas how do you fight the system. Any course/exam or recognition of achievement will cost time and money.

How do you better yourself without putting the effort in. Even without taking the exams, I still need to study.

The biggest hurdle still remains. When the hell will I find the time. I've estimated i'll need at least 1 day per week solid on this, but its turning into little small chunks, which is no good for the way I learn.

Alas......I will push on and keep trying to improve my lot because I want to stay ahead of the game.

At the moment I do not have another answer and cannot afford to stop working thats still has to remain a priority.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#31 09-05-07 21:17:45

Walter
Verified Member

From what I've seen of your website & achievements so far towards CPD, I think you're doing just fine Keith wink

I've said B4 that I really only came into this game for a quiet life lol, and have other irons I wish to put in the fire eventually, but it seems, like most business nowadays, that I cannot plod along gently, and will have to, after all, follow suit with others and pursue this diploma etc tongue

However, like you Keith, when I'll find the appropriate time & money to do this is anyone's guess if i want to make a good living and have some life with my family..........ho hum neutral

Catch yer later alligator!

Board footer