You are not logged in.

#1 29-11-06 23:06:24

robin hood

NVQ Driver assessors

Hi I wonder if any of you clever people out there can tell me how to go about gaining a NVQ assessors qualification to assess drivers of large goods vehicles?

regards robin hood

Chears folks John

29-11-06 23:06:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: NVQ Driver assessors

#2 29-11-06 23:11:29

Karenadi

From what I've seen of NVQ assessors, the only qualification you need is to be a total dipstick, Oh: and have a book to work by.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 05-05-07 17:01:29

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

I know this is an old topic but....

As an LGV C+E Driver I feel that anyone who isn't a DSA Registered Driving Instructor has no business assessing another driver. This includes the NVQ assessors that have been employed by some of the companies I've worked at. Some of these companies have asked me to attend an assessment with a "Lead Driver" who actually holds less qualification than me!!!  :x

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

#4 06-05-07 04:40:08

ExAdiNigel

Why should someone need to be a driving instructor to assess someone elses driving?  The DSA don't see it as a requirement for the examiners!  RoSPA & the IAM don't insist on the observers or examiners being ADIs.

I don't think that you need to be able to teach to be able to assess.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#5 08-05-07 22:50:41

storminnorman
Verified Member
Website

I would agree that is not necessary for an NVQ assessor to be an ADI.  I have been an NVQ assessor and a PCV instructor for a while now, but have only just recently gained my ADI qualification.   The ADI has made no difference to my ability to assess.

To be able to assess NVQ's you have to gain an A1 assessor qualification and be occupationally competent in the area that you wish to assess.

NVQ's are an assessment based qualification, so a training qualification is not essential.

ADI Grade 6
DSA Fleet Register
Qualified PCV Instructor
SAFED Bus & Coach / LGV / Aggregates Trainer
Driver CPC Periodic Training Centre
IAM Member: Motorcycle/Car/Commercial Vehicle

#6 05-07-07 18:52:22

tim
Verified Member

You need to take an A1 Assessors award. It replaced the old D32 award a couple of years ago. Your local college/nightschool should help. You need to be occupationally competant in the area you wish to assess, so an ADI qualification would help, but would not be essential.

Board footer