You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-05-07 16:01:21

Iggy
Verified Member
Website

LGV & PCV Forum..

I haven't been on the forum for a while.. flat out at work and life in general.   roll

Just like to say what a great suprise it was to find the new LGV & PCV Forum.. nice one Admin..  big_smile

DSA CBT1D - RPMT
RoSPA (Dip) Advanced Motorcycle Instructor
www.njrmotorcycletraining.com

05-05-07 16:01:21

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: LGV & PCV Forum..

#2 05-05-07 16:13:46

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Thanks iggy - hope to see you in here more often!

According to jonks we've been getting a lot of hits for lgv and pcv, so there's people interested.

If anyone who is involved with this area of training could start a few interesting posts this would be appreciated, and will hopefully lead to us having a good quality of discussion for those in this line of work.

It will also help with the crossover of wisdom to those of us with less knowledge of this side of things!

#3 05-05-07 16:16:19

jonks

We aim to please.

We are getting a lot of visitors from Google looking for info on PCV and LGV training so we are building new sections on for that.

Hopefully lots of people will post in this section and make it take off.

#4 11-09-07 09:15:40

Spannerman8

Anyone know where I can get AUTOMATIC PCV Training. Preferably in the North West?

#5 11-09-07 21:15:12

FRANKS
Verified Member

Why bother with Automatic??

Try always to be honest in everthing you do.
Be an 'HONEST BUSINESS PERSON'
Gain respect in ever thing you do

#6 12-09-07 12:19:43

Spannerman8

Because I wotrk at Manchester Airport and that is all that is required. I failed the STICK last week after being trained for 2 weeks on Automatic.

#7 06-10-07 20:32:51

jason101

hello i just BLEEP!!! up my test on 8 speed gear changeing i get the right gear but forget the Little lever to go from high to low as 3 an 7 i know where thy are how can i remember to go from high to low to pass please help i only do it wrong on test

#8 06-10-07 20:44:57

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Depending on the vehicle, some have an icon on the dash to tell you which ratio you are in

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 07-10-07 08:22:44

reddragonbus
Verified Member

hello i just BLEEP!!! up my test on 8 speed gear changeing i get the right gear but forget the Little lever to go from high to low as 3 an 7 i know where thy are how can i remember to go from high to low to pass please help i only do it wrong on test

You usually have to go from high box to low box approaching a hazard such as a junction. I flick the ratio switch on approach to the hazard before selecting the next gear. I find verbalising the event helpful, for example say aloud "low box" or "high box"

If you talk yourself through a situation, check mirrors, signal, lane position, brake, low box, gear, look, assess etc etc.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Board footer