You are not logged in.

#1 24-04-07 13:10:06

Jeff1
Verified Member

Tax relief for Book keeping

Hi,

I have been spending some time sorting my end of year figures, while doing this I realised that I may be able to claim for the hours spent doing them. If I got an accountant to do them, I could have set his costs against my profit.

Does any one know if Can I claim for the time I spend in sorting my accounts ?

Regards

Jeff1

24-04-07 13:10:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tax relief for Book keeping

#2 24-04-07 15:42:21

Rockin
Verified Member

No you can't. Otherwise we will be offsetting all sorts of things. If it's a problem use an accountant, for our sort of work it's not expensive, mine charges £100, if you keep a book and list everything, or as I do use a spreadsheet. Keep it up to date every day should only take 5 mins. Then ofset the cost.

Rockin

#3 25-04-07 11:25:31

Jeff1
Verified Member

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Some how I thought I would not be able to it but, it was worth asking.

jeff

#4 26-04-07 13:13:51

The oracle
Verified Member
Website

Book keeping in this industry is quite easy compared with some accounting experiences, however its also time consuming (time could be better spend out there earning money!) and expensive (engaging an accountant) Now....the 21st century is here.....what about a computer programme that accepts your incoming and outgoing expenses on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, then, by a click of a button when your tax year ends, transposes all the relevant details onto your online tax return and emails it directly to your tax office?......no pain, lots of gain and cheaper than an accountant!! (sorry accoundants, your days in this industry are numbered!)

#5 26-04-07 14:14:06

Moody

Blimey Oracle, that sounds good. Can I email you for more details please?

#6 26-04-07 14:23:21

The oracle
Verified Member
Website

No probs, course you can - I'll email back details of the tax package plus a number of other services that will soon be available to independant instructors that will save you time and money and increase your business to boot!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 26-04-07 16:18:46

taxman

Why not try a new online bookkeeping service - its free for 90 days then only £24.99 a year - have a look at REMOVED URL

Self promotion is not allowed, and nobody was asking for details of an online accountancy service. please do not do this again.

Jonks

Board footer