You are not logged in.

#1 14-04-07 10:46:14

New Girl
Verified Member

Buildings and Contents home insurance

We are in the process of moving house, and sorting out buildings and contents insurance.

One of the questions you get asked are whether the property will be used for business purposes.  Now, I do keep my files in my house, and I use the computer for research (like this!) and stuff....but should I put that down as being used for business??

What do you lot do?  If I say no, and then make a claim will that leave me in trouble?  If I say yes will that make a difference to my premiums?
:?

14-04-07 10:46:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Buildings and Contents home insurance

#2 15-04-07 09:25:36

jr
Verified Member

I query the business part with them. Tell them what I do and what part of the business 
takes place at home. They usually make a note of it but so far has not effected the premium.
John

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 20-04-07 15:35:17

ivorthedriver
Verified Member
Website

Assuming you do not claim for things against tax like electricity,council tax etc,I would not think it would be deemed your property is for business use. You need to be aware that using your home for business will create capital gains issues when you move home.

Patient professional grade 6 driving instructor.
Driving Schools South East London

Driving lessons south east London

Board footer