You are not logged in.

#1 21-01-05 10:12:58

jelly tot

Fiat punto cd system help !!

Hi ive just recently bought myself a black  fiat punto (new shape), i was wondering if any one could help as it comes with a built in tape/radio player but i wanted to install a cd played its not a case of swapping the tape player for a cd player as the whole thing is built into the front just above the heating fans( similar to a KA car )  how do i install this there is a gap at the bottom of the section below the fans and ashtray which looks big enough to put in a regular cd player but i wanted it all in one ie not the tape/radio at the top then a new cd player at the bottom. can any one help ??? :?  :?

21-01-05 10:12:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Fiat punto cd system help !!

#2 21-01-05 13:00:25

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Hi.

Wife had one of those until recently, 2002 model.

Spotted  a direct replacement CD/ radio in the showroom on one occasion, salesman said it could be dropped straight in within minutes but wife preferred to keep tape so did not persue price etc.

So they are available but might be pricey.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#3 21-01-05 13:06:46

Graham

Hi Jelly

Probably the easiest and cheapest way is to install a CD player in the boot. Most head units (the bit in the dash!) will accept a multi CD player, but check with Fiat first. The may try to sell you one, but it'll be expensive. Try you local ICE dealer.

Good luck.

#4 21-01-05 14:26:04

jelly tot

thanks for the help, i had an idea it may be pricey im going to look in to both and go for the least expensive option, just one more question and im probaly sounding thick but whats an ICE dealer ?  :oops:

#5 21-01-05 14:41:38

Graham

Sorry!

In Car Entertainment   :oops:

#6 21-01-05 15:10:02

jelly tot

thanks for that. just another thing if anyone can help me on i was just looking on the net at the cd box things that go in your boot just wondering how do u stop them from moving around while  you are driving or are they quite heavy that they dont move. i dont realy want to ruin any thing in my boot making sure its sturdy  ie the carpet bit that coveres the spare wheel i would like a bit of knoledge on this before i go to purchase one in a shop. thanks.  roll

#7 21-01-05 16:36:51

Graham

They are fixed in postion using a small bracket. Very neat and tidy. You might even have room under the front seat. Pop into your nearest Iceland, sorry ICE, they won't bite. Halfords do a reasonable job.

Happy Listening. big_smile

#8 21-01-05 16:46:04

jelly tot

thanks  big_smile   big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#9 22-01-05 18:54:05

Rob
Verified Member
Website

You can buy an adapter for the dash  from halfords or Fiat make them themselves and i think they are cheaper than halfords. It will cost about £10 then the standard sized cd player will just slot in.

#10 28-03-05 00:59:51

yeah_and_man

Hi Jellytot
when you go to halfords you can take the battery back!
lol
sorry, I couldnt resist wink

Board footer