You are not logged in.

#1 02-04-07 21:01:44

bay

I AM NEW

Hi my name is Gemma and I live in East Sussex.

I have had 3 double lessons (6hrs).

Today I learnt how to reverse around a corner and do a 3 point turn. This was quite daunting being I have only been driving forwards and going around corners.

I find changing gears quite difficult and stall at junctions especially when under pressure eg a bus behind me.

Hopefully I will be going out on the road soon.

5th Test Passed 22/04/08

02-04-07 21:01:44

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I AM NEW

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 02-04-07 21:18:59

gday
Verified Member
Website

Welcome Gemma hope you are enjoying your lessons smile

#3 02-04-07 21:38:43

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Hi there and welcome to the forum  smile smile

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#4 02-04-07 21:52:51

pj
Verified Member

Welcome Gemma, where abouts in East Sussex are you? big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#5 03-04-07 06:56:55

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Gemma and welcome to the forum,  smile

#6 03-04-07 08:11:32

Green Arrow
Verified Member

Hi Gemma and welcome to the forum  smile

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#7 07-04-07 20:07:43

kev elliott

Hi gemma, enjoy the forum.

#8 07-04-07 20:10:02

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Hi gemma and welcome

#9 07-04-07 21:29:30

alt
Verified Member

hi gemma, you'll get great advice from this forum.

#10 08-04-07 17:15:50

msdarcy721

Hi Gemma,

welcome to the forum smile

remember that there's nothing like a daft question- so, ask away if you need anything! peeps are only too happy to help (sounds like ASDA lol)

good luck with your learning xx

#11 08-04-07 19:53:22

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Gemma welcome to the forum and good luck with your lessons!! smile smile

Hopefully your instructor will concentrate on going forwards before tackling going backwards!

Manouvres are the least important part of driving and should be taught much later really (when you have clutch control)

Good luck anyway!!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 08-04-07 19:57:17

evan

Hi Gemma welcome to the forum and good luck with your lessons!! smile smile

Hopefully your instructor will concentrate on going forwards before tackling going backwards!

Manouvres are the least important part of driving and should be taught much later really (when you have clutch control)

Good luck anyway!!

Totally agree with what hector says on this post Gemma, it is so important to get a good working confident knowledge of the car going forward before thinking about reversing. Ev

#13 08-04-07 20:43:05

BRAKE OR U WILL CRASH!

Hi Gemma and welcome to forum, as lots others have said, got a query, a worry or just want a chat say, cos we are all a friendly bunch, honest  wink smile

Gemma
1st practical - 29/07/2005 4s 9m   2nd practical - 17/08/2005 1s 10m
3rd Practical - 8/09/2005 3s 6m  4th Practical - 12/10/2005 4 minor!!!
Pass Plus - Completed 4th Dec  Drives R reg Fiesta Chicane 2005-2009
Had an 09 Mazda2 Sport.
Now got my ZoomZoom 60 Mazda2 Sport.

#14 16-04-07 04:48:10

tmg555
Verified Member

Hi Gemma good luck with your training, i also was suprised to see you are already doing reversing with only 6 hours lessons, they do usually come a bit later, but i think your adi must have a good reason for this. (maybe his gearbox is stuck in reverse lol) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Les Hayes
Approved Driving Instructor
For driving lessons in and around the Reading area
www.hayes-driving-lessons.co.uk
Tel 0118 9626 473

Board footer