You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 26-03-07 12:21:06

weemann
Verified Member
Website

Hi, New to this forum.

Hi, I'm Simon Mann.  I've just completed the main part of my training and am just about to take out my pink licence and start working for BSM.  I live in Telford in Shropshire with my wife and two kids.

I decided to get into Driving Instruction after being made redundant twice within an 18 month period, making me realise that engineering isn't really the way to go anymore!

I'm nervous as hell about starting off, although I've had some great advice from a couple of people which, along with my training, should stand me in good stead.

If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up. The Times, Tues Jun 17, 2008

26-03-07 12:21:06

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi, New to this forum.

#2 26-03-07 12:30:02

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Hi Simon, welcome to aboard. there are lots of friendly & knowledgeable people here. Have a good look around and don't be afraid to ask questions.

#3 26-03-07 12:31:03

pinball
Verified Member
Website

Hi SIMON welcome to the forum, You will find some very useful information on this site, good luck with pinkie.

#4 26-03-07 12:36:20

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Hello & welcome along Simon.

You've done well to find this forum... it will really help you get through the last bit of your training & while you're getting established WHEN (not if) you pass the Part 3.

Throw any questions you've got over to the collective minds on here & you'll get some top advice.

Welcome again,
Andy.

Ambition Driving College

#5 26-03-07 12:49:53

weemann
Verified Member
Website

Cheers guys. 

MiniClassic, your name saddens me as I'm currently having to sell my Mini in order to finish paying off my training  sad

It's on eBay with 2 days to go and not even halfway to its reserve...

If Simon Mann did not exist, you would have to make him up. The Times, Tues Jun 17, 2008

#6 26-03-07 13:13:33

MiniClassic
Verified Member

I was lucky when I needed to sell my last one...

I persuaded my mum she really wanted it & so I know it's gone to a good home where I can keep an eye on it!

Hopefully, one day I'll buy it back...

I hope there's some late interest in it for you... don't let it go for a song.

Ambition Driving College

#7 26-03-07 13:18:52

evan

Hello and welcome again weeman. If you are going wee though man, make sure you do it in the toilet. ;D Ev

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 26-03-07 13:20:23

weemann
Verified Member
Website

I hope there's some late interest in it for you... don't let it go for a song.

I don't intend to let it go cheap, but I don't think I'll get as much as I want.  I've already had one offer which is a little low, but enough to pay off the debts I've got and it gets it off the driveway.  We'll see. 

#9 26-03-07 13:40:24

jmac3
Verified Member

hello and welcome weeman good luck on the pink ;D

#10 26-03-07 16:35:12

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

Hi Si  big_smile.

Good to see you.

#11 26-03-07 16:52:59

EMMAJANE
Verified Member

hi and  welcome

emma x

x emma x
part 1 ..  passed ..dec 07
part 2 ... passed 31st march ....2 faults 
part 3 ...  on the pink [june]

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 26-03-07 16:54:30

weemann
Verified Member
Website

Hi Si  big_smile.

Good to see you.

And hello to the person who introduced me to this forum wink

#13 26-03-07 17:28:20

Disky
Verified Member
Website

Hiya Simon,, welcome m8,, the bar opens and 7pm and it's customary for YOU to bu the first drink smile

I'll have a pint please,,,,,,, of a NICE MALT lol

Welcome and enjoy m8, have fun and learn loads with great support

regards
Ray

#14 26-03-07 17:54:21

weemann
Verified Member
Website

A Scot wanting a pint of malt?  At least that's proof that you're all real people on here big_smile

#15 26-03-07 19:31:47

Disky
Verified Member
Website

LOL,, well we do try wink

#16 26-03-07 19:41:22

stardriver

Hi everybody my names Paul and i run Star Driver s.om. in birmingham  how is everybody?

#17 26-03-07 23:22:27

ijmoore
Verified Member
Website

We're all robots really lol! big_smile

Naaaaa, there are a nice group of people who are there to help out on here, been through it ourselves so.......

I know how you feel its a financial nightmare.  I did some of my training in shropshire! know Shrewsbury well, are you doing your tests there or wolves?

What stage are you at with your training?  How are you finding BSM, personally I'd recommend an independent trainer, but hey.....

If you've got any questions don't be afraid of asking! Seriously no matter how small/stupid/etc.... if it helps you then thats what matters! Good luck!

Fleet Training
Iain Moore ADI Grade A, Fleet, RoSPA Tutor, DIAmond Ad, MSA National B Race License, EST Reg
fleet@learnmooredriving.co.uk 07999 992141

#18 27-03-07 08:02:00

weemann
Verified Member
Website

As it goes, I started my training with the AA (parts 1 & 2) then went direct with my trainer for part 3 - we tended to meet over Cannock way as he was coming down from Manchester.  I did my part 2 test in Shrewsbury and will do the Part 3 test there too.

I've finished the 40 hours and have joined up with BSM to do my pink licence - I'm dealing with the Shrewsbury office who seem lovely.  I'm due to pick up my car later this week and officially start on the 13th April.

#19 27-03-07 17:01:40

Speedie

*waves*

Hello...  smile

Kim x

Theory passed: 24/4/07 - 32/35 & 60/75
Practical passed: 18/05/07

#20 27-03-07 17:19:46

pj
Verified Member

Hi Simon, welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions, you will probably start an argument but hey that's half the fun,would be boring if we were all thought the same  lol

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#21 31-03-07 17:01:11

Janeway
Verified Member
Website

Hi Weemann!
Determination and motivation are powerfull tools. Good luck on your pink. Word of advice: stay 'tuned' to Part 3 pacing. Tuition tends to be a little more 'slower paced' with real pupils than a Part 3 where the SE 'learns' at a very quick pace. Get a training buddy if you can and remember the time scale of a Part 3 in contrast to a lesson with a 'real' pupil. Stay focused on Part 3. After every lesson, give some thought as to how that would fit into a 30 min phase 1 or 2 session on Part 3. This forum will give you lots of help, keep us posted!   ;D

ORDIT Registered ADI Trainer
Fleet Trainer
Grade 6
B.Ed
http://www.voyagerinstructortraining.com

#22 03-04-07 10:14:54

weemann
Verified Member
Website

Hi Weemann!
Determination and motivation are powerfull tools. Good luck on your pink. Word of advice: stay 'tuned' to Part 3 pacing. Tuition tends to be a little more 'slower paced' with real pupils than a Part 3 where the SE 'learns' at a very quick pace. Get a training buddy if you can and remember the time scale of a Part 3 in contrast to a lesson with a 'real' pupil. Stay focused on Part 3. After every lesson, give some thought as to how that would fit into a 30 min phase 1 or 2 session on Part 3. This forum will give you lots of help, keep us posted!   ;D

Funnily enough, when I had my assessment with BSM, the instructor did comment on me being too slow to get him driving off as a new pupil with regards to Part 3 - I know I was nervous, etc, but I don't think my pacing was far off with regards to real life - just have to make sure I get the practice in!

#23 06-04-07 07:04:31

wiko66
Verified Member

Cheers guys. 

MiniClassic, your name saddens me as I'm currently having to sell my Mini in order to finish paying off my training  sad

It's on eBay with 2 days to go and not even halfway to its reserve...

Welcome to the forum.
I know how you feel, I had to sell my Triumph Stag to finance this venture. Hope its going to be worth it in the end. Just tell yourself what I do, when all the trainings done and youv'e got that green badge, you may be able to buy another one  smile

#24 07-04-07 19:16:06

Scattyem
Verified Member

hellloooooo and welcome to the mad house!

enjoy your new found career,
The forum is for the hi's and lows we share together, the questions and  experience too!

join in!
Em

Gremlin Driver training. The empire starts...........

Board footer