You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 11-01-05 22:02:36

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Car Seat Covers

Hi

Do you use car seat covers ?

I was thinking about buying some for my car, when i take it back in 2 years for a exchange, they may be a little worse for ware.

Any tips on keeping car seats clean (apart from dont sit on them big_smile )

11-01-05 22:02:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Car Seat Covers

#2 11-01-05 22:17:56

Midge
Website

Couldn't bear to use my car without seat covers.  I like the ones that you can take off quickly, wash, dry, put back -  lovely fresh seats.   When I sell my car the seats are like new.

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

#3 12-01-05 07:16:29

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Same here.

Since a pupil soiled the seats in my first school car I have fitted seat covers in all cars since, front pairs under a tenner at Argos.

Got a full set last month which have side airbag cutouts and almost match the original upholstry in my new 307 for under a tenner in Lidl.

As Midge says I can take them off easily, wash them overnight and have them back on fresh next morning.  If an incident occurs I can pull them off quickly to prevent "spillage"  :shock:   seeping through.

Wouldn't be without them, though don't have the backrest of the rear seat fitted yet due to problems with the head restraints.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#4 12-01-05 13:30:31

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Tastefully chosen seat covers are definitely an asset, most schools in NT Australia use the for looks & protection. I am told though that my taste in colour schemes (house painting) leaves much to be desired.
I alternate between sheepskin covers which can get smelly very quickly in a hot humid climate, and synthetic ones, front seat only.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 14-01-05 19:05:41

E.D.A. Driving Academy Lt

Approved Instructor wrote:

Hi

Do you use car seat covers ?

I was thinking about buying some for my car, when i take it back in 2 years for a exchange, they may be a little worse for ware.

Any tips on keeping car seats clean (apart from dont sit on them big_smile )

Use those bead seat rollers . Those that advertised as relieving pain. They dont hold sweat and allow air to get under seat. All my pupils loved as so relaxing. In argos still but I buy from the market at £12 pair. They last about a year or more but better that 100£ seat.

ken

#6 16-01-05 01:38:55

John Shailer
Verified Member

I would second the recommendation for bead covers. They firm up the
seat, add a lot of time before seat wears out, provide air gap between
seat & user & allow me to sit on a dry seat when pupil has sweated (or worse). Just dont forget to vacuum occasionally underneath!
                                      Regards John.[/u]

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 16-01-05 08:29:47

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

John Shailer wrote:

I would second the recommendation for bead covers. They firm up the
seat, add a lot of time before seat wears out, provide air gap between
seat & user & allow me to sit on a dry seat when pupil has sweated (or worse). Just dont forget to vacuum occasionally underneath!
                                      Regards John.[/u]

I agree 100% John.

I use em, on top of the other covers and have done for almost three years (bought in Halfords).

I suffer chronic back problems and have had surgery twice on my spine, these were recommended to me and I bought one for the passenger seat, found it was marvellous, but most pupils wanted to try it so I bought a second one.  Very comfortable and minimal sweating.

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#8 16-01-05 15:49:44

disappointed

Beonedge3 - do pupils really get that scared? lol

#9 17-01-05 06:55:03

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

No, but I do.  lol

#10 19-01-05 11:18:29

Anonymous

Yep, bead covers for me too. The only downside is the pattern it leaves on you when you get out the car. Its funny though when you see all the imprints on the pupils when they get out  lol .

#11 19-01-05 11:21:38

Abi`s Dad

Thats me above, forgot to sign in  :oops: .

#12 20-01-05 21:11:33

Anonymous

I use bead seat covers as well got them off the net from Honest johns in southampton.£9 99 great for sweaty pupils

#13 23-01-05 22:03:45

John Shailer
Verified Member

Hi guys.Does anyone know who does the best price for bead covers?
Not long ago they were £2.00 each in markets up & down the land.Now
they are 5 times that price in Halfords! I know you get 1yr guarantee!
                                                         John.

#14 23-01-05 22:29:29

bigred
Verified Member
Website

I've never really got on with seat covers and most of my school cars seats have looked a bit sorry by the time I sold them.

This time I forked out a bit extra for leather seats and 20 months on they look as good as new and are far more comfortable than anything I've had before.

Regards,

#15 29-01-05 14:14:24

iXi_RiCh

Anonymous wrote:

Yep, bead covers for me too. The only downside is the pattern it leaves on you when you get out the car. Its funny though when you see all the imprints on the pupils when they get out  lol .

lol, i couldnt sit on them while having my lesson, i would get the guy to take them off  lol

8)

Board footer