You are not logged in.

#1 28-03-07 17:17:39

New Girl
Verified Member

Claiming internet use as an expense

Hi Everyone

Just after a bit of advice.  My internet/phone bill comes to £29.99 per month and I was thinking of claiming 75% of that as a business expense.  Does this sound reasonable to you? 

28-03-07 17:17:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Claiming internet use as an expense

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 28-03-07 17:50:51

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Why cant you claim for it all. If you have a website its a business expense.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#3 28-03-07 17:57:56

jonks

I tried this... It only works if your BT account is a business account.

You could still try though, don't take my word for it.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 28-03-07 19:30:59

Disky
Verified Member
Website

I tried this... It only works if your BT account is a business account.

You could still try though, don't take my word for it.

and if you dont have BT ?  will that matter,, just thinking if someone has an LLU carrier or even cable

#5 28-03-07 20:25:18

standon11
Verified Member

ask your accountant if you have one.i'm sure from my previous job also as a sole trader i'm sure my accountant claimed for a pecentage of my normal phone bill even though the business hardly used the phone.i will be speaking to my accountant next week as i'll be needing his services again now i'm self employed once more,so i'll ask him.

chris

#6 28-03-07 20:35:14

jonks

What is an LLU carrier?

Can you give me an example of one because I would love to leave BT.  I can't get cable here, i don't even know what an LLU carrier is.

#7 29-03-07 11:18:42

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

What about sky broadband Jonks. Or does that still go through BT

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 29-03-07 11:42:25

driver69

What is an LLU carrier?

Local Loop Unbundling is just BT giving over their network to allow other companies like Tiscali, Orange etc to provide Phone and Broadband services I think.

#9 29-03-07 21:08:18

New Girl
Verified Member

I dont have a BT Line.  I get Broadband, line rental and free calls all through Pipex (previously homecall).

Because its my home phone I thought it would be asking a bit much to put all calls/broadband through the business, hence the 75%, and just wondered what everybody else did?

#10 29-03-07 22:53:22

Russ
Verified Member
Website

I put through 100% get 15% knocked off i am ok with that.

russ

#11 30-03-07 19:41:05

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

i claim 50% phone & 50% internet

Board footer