You are not logged in.

#1 23-03-07 21:32:49

hector
Verified Member
Website

Role play fleet check test (Recent)

Could anyone who has recently done a role play fleet check test,send a quick pm regarding the format the examiner used.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hector.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

23-03-07 21:32:49

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Role play fleet check test (Recent)

#2 26-03-07 10:41:02

kesdrive
Verified Member
Website

Hi Hector
I attended fleet ct in December. SEADI phoned me day before to tell me 2 subjects I would need to deal with. I then worked out a route. When I met him he set out a scenario (He had been for a job interview and the outcome of his session with me would determine whether he got the job). During 10 minute drive (no longer) he made several mistakes based on his phone call. You then have 40 minutes or so to complete session. Time is tight.  SHORT initial assessment drive is essential. He made a big thing of steering. Don't pull him up if he does,not steer like a learner. This is the real world. Mention steering by all means, but as long as his steering is safe it will be OK. Good Luck!
Kesdrive

be careful out there

#3 26-03-07 19:47:48

hector
Verified Member
Website

Thanks kes and pete

Not trying to find out what happens, but thanks anyway!

The format  SE's are using doesnt match what should be happening on the current fleet check test, due to lack of the correct training for SE's. The fleet check test should be differing from a normal check test but isnt doing so.It should really follow the part 3 fleet exam.

For example what kes descibes is really no different than a normal check test with a full licence holder.Not a proper fleet check test at all.

Just trying to establish if anyone has had what the DSA say they should have had!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#4 27-03-07 09:47:30

chip
Verified Member

Hector are you saying that the dsa have no idea what they are doing on a fleet check test.I believe this may be the case the se's spend all day with learners or role playing learners and occasionally a full licence holder.
    I t may be the case that an se is not suitably trained or experienced in this field.I do know of a few people who have had a role play check test and the se doesn't really know what he /she is doing.

#5 27-03-07 19:00:55

hector
Verified Member
Website

Some SE's are very good and know fleet backwards. And also know what is required.

Im seriously beginning to think that alot dont though.

My local two SE's are excellent, one of whom views fleet course i run and always offers excellent advice and is extremely knowledgable on everything especially fleet.
He also trains other SE's on the fleet side.

Other than had only had one reply from Jimothy about a properly conducted test (The other SE local to me) and my SE .

It was listed in the last dispatch about how a role play fleet test should be conducted.-ie following the part 3 fleet exam structure.

I would strongly advise anyone who has a fleet check test due to consult with their SE about excactly what is required of them especially if undertaking role play.

Remembering you must be check tested on fleet, and an examiner acting as a full licence holder taking their iams test for example has little to do with a fleet check test, and strictly speaking just isnt.(Just had this scenario on one test) others you wouldnt believe.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#6 27-03-07 19:41:40

chip
Verified Member

Wouldnt believe What?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 28-03-07 22:33:53

Madiggy
Verified Member

Hi Hector do you intend to take this further if your fears about the DSA are even close to the truth ?
Because if so you are not the only person trying to collate information on this subject this is the third that I know of, if you think you may have enough data to strengthen a case to be put to the DSA Please PM me. From my own investigations i suspect you are very close to the truth about anomalies that seem to be apparent in this relatively small group 

Regards Iggy

CONFIDENTIAL CHECK TEST TRAINING
http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk/
Life & Executive Coaching
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

#8 08-05-07 15:18:08

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I passed a fleet roleplay check test today in Edinburgh.

The SE wanted:

a sort "occupational road risk" presentation,

Vehicle safety checks POWDER

Short assessment drive (10 - 15 mins)

No demonstration drive

Remaining time resolving the issues highlighted during the assessment drive which consisted of 4 main areas.

The faults were consistent with a company car driver.

There were a few questions on the move about vehicle security, theft etc.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Board footer