You are not logged in.

#1 15-01-05 11:30:22

Ammanvalley

HELP!

I'm training with BSM and have failed Part 2 twice!!  I got 3 faults for gears each time I just don't understand them and my instructor is NO help he just says I'm doing it right... but I'm obviously not.....I can't afford extra training with somebody else, and BSM only have that instructor for the area I'm in.  What am I going to do?  Last test was in June 2004!  So have left it ages and am out of practise, I feel I have no hope at all.

15-01-05 11:30:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: HELP!

#2 15-01-05 13:38:22

disappointed

Whoa there!  There's certainly still hope, no matter what's happened in the past.

If your present instructor doesn't seem to be able to help, then you really need another assessment as to your use of gears. Ring BSM, explain the situation and ask if a session could be arranged with an Instructor perhaps coming over from another area.  Before you even contemplate the test again, though, you really do need to get your training kickstarted once more.

If they won't, though, book a session with a different training provider, so that they can give you an independant appraisal of where you are at present. I know it will involve extra costs, but you really need to know before you can move forward.

If you can say in which area you are, I'm sure that there's someone on here who'll be only too pleased to offer practical help.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 15-01-05 14:30:02

E.D.A. Driving Academy Lt

Ammanvalley wrote:

I'm training with BSM and have failed Part 2 twice!!  I got 3 faults for gears each time I just don't understand them and my instructor is NO help he just says I'm doing it right... but I'm obviously not.....I can't afford extra training with somebody else, and BSM only have that instructor for the area I'm in.  What am I going to do?  Last test was in June 2004!  So have left it ages and am out of practise, I feel I have no hope at all.

Good old BSM. What was it they said in the sunday newspapers a while ago.?

If the instructor (which ever company employs him) can not see the fault or says there is nothing he can do for you then something is wrong. he needs to re-educate him self or give up.

Is he a grade six. Is he ORDIT qualified, and how long ago did he qualify.  Ask those three questions. I have heard of new instructors with little experience teachng drivng instructors, what a mess?

hope I have been of help.

The other writer is correct. get a second opiion and dont leave it too late otherwse you will go backwards.

ken

#4 15-01-05 16:56:59

Bob Harrod

Hi Ammanvalley,

I don't know what area you are based in but if it is an area where we have a Roadcraft UK ORDIT trainer we are willing to give you some hours in preparation for your next attempt free of charge.  We won't make any promises beyond that.   We just don't want you losing faith in the industry at large.  Get in touch.

#5 15-01-05 17:42:13

DSE
Verified Member
Website

Let us know where you are based?  If there is anything I can do to help, I will.

www.d-s-e.co.uk

Driving Standards Agency
Accredited Course provider for
Register of Fleet Driver Trainers

ADI Training & Development
by highly qualified grade 6 ADIs.
See website or email for details of our services.

#6 15-01-05 20:35:29

Ammanvalley

Thanks you are all great I'm glad I found this place.  I'm in Stansted, Essex at the moment but I don't mind travelling if somebody thinks they can help me with this.....

#7 15-01-05 23:34:16

Lynne
Verified Member

Hi Amman.

Are you having to go down to Enfield for training?

Lynne

#8 16-01-05 08:36:34

Bob Harrod

Hi Amman,

Ring the General Manager, David Griffin, on 01398 341175 and tell him I've authorised an initial Part II assessment in your area.

Good luck,

Bob (Roadcraft UK)

#9 16-01-05 11:50:23

Ammanvalley

Bob thanks so much I'll do that tomorrow.

Lynne  - I'm doing my training in Bexleyheath, I was living in Chingford when I registered and they just told me where I'd be going.  Enfield would only have been 10 mins from Chingford whereas Bexleyheath was an hour, I wonder why they sent me there...?

#10 16-01-05 17:51:13

Lynne
Verified Member

No idea Amman.  When I trained with BSM the trainers at Enfield were OK.  Don't know whose at Bexleyheath!

Well good luck anyway looks like Bob can help you out.  Will be interesting to know what the feedback is regarding your training.

Lynne

Board footer