You are not logged in.

#1 16-03-07 23:27:40

jmac3
Verified Member

starting on the pink

hi guys i am starting on the pink on monday and i,m petrified done the usual hard work-read this-listen to that-look at that but still nervous- so any advice or tips to help me stay in control would be most welcome THANKS

16-03-07 23:27:40

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: starting on the pink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 16-03-07 23:35:19

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Oh bless you!  I remember my first lesson on the pink and I was totally terrified!  But it's ok!, You know more than they do, take it easy, take a break if you are doing a 2 hour lesson, I did and provided my pupil with a fresh bottle of water whilst I gathered my nerves back together   roll  Have fun, do what you have been training to do and enjoy it, the first is the worst but it's not as bad as you think, you should go home on a high, if your pupil has learnt something and enjoyed their lesson, you have done your job.  Look forward to hearing how it went!  big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 17-03-07 00:21:40

jmac3
Verified Member

thanks c-way will let you know how it goes big_smile

#4 17-03-07 00:49:34

alt
Verified Member

good luck to you jmac3, i know how you feel smile

#5 17-03-07 08:25:19

keefidee
Verified Member
Website

Good luck, take time to enjoy the time! Do not forget, you know more than they do!

#6 17-03-07 09:57:44

Changing Directions
Verified Member
Website

How you doing mate, I know just how you feel.
I've just sent off my application for my Pink and feeling just about the same.
Dont think of the first leason look forward to the second, when you can think to yourself, I done this already.

ADI Part 1 Passed 11/09/06
ADI Part 2 Passed 30/1/07

#7 17-03-07 17:28:17

julian
Verified Member
Website

Hi,know how you feel started on mine 2 weeks ago,i was nervous but 10 minutes after picking up my first pupil the nerves went and you go into instructor mode,don't feel any nerves at all now,its great,i always try to analize my lessons after iv'e done them to see if iv'e missed anything out or if i can improve in any way.
Good luck and you'l love it,thats what u've been training for and working hard for.

Part 1 - 24/03/06  (97/67) 1st time
Part 2 - 06/06/06  (2 minors) 1st time
Pink License - 05/03/07
Part 3 - 20/4/07 (5/4) 1st time
www.Lme2drive.co.uk

#8 17-03-07 21:18:24

Scattyem
Verified Member

I know how you feel too. Picking up my first pupil that had been a phone enquiry, was a very nervous experience! Like our colleagues have already said, it doesn't take long for the nerves to settle and you to go into that instructor mode.

Good luck!!!

Gremlin Driver training. The empire starts...........

#9 18-03-07 22:24:41

jmac3
Verified Member

thanks for encouragement guys will let you,s know how it goes  big_smile

#10 19-03-07 00:17:07

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

hi jmac. i too remember my first pink lesson. went out like a lamb and came back as a lion lol. its amazing how the training kicks in. you will be too busy to feel nervous so just go do it and enjoy. then take a bit of time to analyse what happened, how you dealt with it (good and bad) and how you could improve. but? try and enjoy because after all this is what your going to be doing from now on  smile  good luck keith

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#11 26-03-07 13:53:14

jmac3
Verified Member

well guys thats the first week over on the pink-had three pups one guy two young ladies all went well- done the controls then a bit of clutch control-my second lady has had some practice with her dad so had her driving a small bit- all in all it went quite good   smile

Board footer