You are not logged in.

#1 09-02-07 22:22:47

reddragonbus
Verified Member

DSA part 3 fleet

I passed part 1 and 2 last year, got to do part 3.

As I understand the DSA part 3 test consists of a vehicle safety check, 10 minute presentation and then the drive.

Anyone able to expand on this for me?

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

09-02-07 22:22:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: DSA part 3 fleet

#2 13-02-07 19:39:23

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Jonathan

The interactive vehicle checks need to be very thorough. POWDER is ideal but in detail and start from R.
Dont think they should be quickly done - cover in fine detail, the examiner will simply cut you off if its satisfactory even if you only reached E.

The same with your occupational road risk presentation,this may last much longer than 10 mins, the examiner will cut you offf due to time restraints. Try laptop presentation in car for best impression.

Next comes initial driver assesssment and risk profile (Prioritise!) Strenghts and weaknessess.

Coach to reduce risk, (the priority risk) this involves all your instructional techniques and core competencies, and deliver a final driver profile.

Above all get a few hrs training from someone in the know, its straightforward if you know how to structure and what to expect.

If i was examining you id pass you- just cause of that cool Skoda! and the fact everyone will see the examiner coming from miles away! smile smile smile

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 15-02-07 08:53:06

reddragonbus
Verified Member

Thanks I've sent an email.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 07-03-07 19:38:19

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Apologies for digging this one up, but what in god's name does POWDER stand for?

#5 07-03-07 20:46:54

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hey you need to know this next week smile smile smile

Petrol/oil/water/damage/electrics/rubber

Start with R.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#6 07-03-07 20:50:14

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

That's exactly why I posted Nigel!

I've been looking at lots of stuff, but can find very little good information on what a fleet trainer actually does. I've found loads of info on the h&s side of things, loads of rospa pdf's which have been very interesting, but can't find any sites which detail what I actually need to do, other than a basic run down.

Any useful sights would be great.

#7 07-03-07 21:15:17

ExAdiNigel

Some also use POWER (ie without the D - dunno why!) and some now stick a Y on the end to make POWDERY (feel that tired at the mo, I can't remember what the 'Y' would stand for).  If I remember rightly, the AA used the word FLOWER!  Why do people feel the need to re-invent the wheel?  roll

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#8 07-03-07 21:21:41

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

The best one I found so far was a daily checklist which ran to a whole page of small spaced checks, including things like whether the battery electrolyte levels were correct and the terminals were correctly greased.

The POWDER one above seems sensible, but so does starting with R, so I can see myself re-inventing the wheel as well.

I'm just cr*p with mnemonics.

#9 07-03-07 22:03:09

hector
Verified Member
Website

Dont panic the training covers it!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#10 08-03-07 01:12:49

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Well, I always try to remember the 5 'P's, Proper Planning Prevents......erm, what were the other 2 again?!

#11 08-03-07 06:52:57

ExAdiNigel

Aren't there 6 p's?

Proper planning prevents p**s poor performance?

Nigel big_smile

#12 09-03-07 15:26:14

Jimothy
Verified Member

There are 7 Ps of success:-

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P£$% Poor Performance

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#13 09-03-07 17:01:04

ExAdiNigel

Any advance on 7? big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 10-03-07 02:04:32

AAADI
Verified Member

There are 7 Ps of success:-

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P£$% Poor Performance

Any advance on 7? big_smile

I can get 8:

Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents P£$% Poor Performance in practice big_smile

#15 10-03-07 11:34:12

ExAdiNigel

Any advance on 8?

Going once.........

#16 10-03-07 18:52:09

adi
Verified Member
Website

Prior Precise Proper Professional Productive Planning and Perfect Priority in Preparation Prevents P*** Poor Performance in Practice.
yikes

#17 10-03-07 21:15:11

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#18 11-03-07 08:35:23

ExAdiNigel

Now, you're getting silly! big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Nigel

#19 11-03-07 09:02:20

adi
Verified Member
Website

I was going to be REALLY, REALLY silly, but i didn't have the time! LOL big_smile big_smile big_smile

Board footer