You are not logged in.

#1 01-03-07 18:35:28

Carl

Online DipDI Study Sessions

Myself and a couple of members on here are trying to arrange online study sessions to study for the DipDI for 2008. At the moment we're hammering out the details and whether to do it via MSN, Yahoo etc.

I was wondering, as I know Hayley is also doing the DipDI, whether sessions could be arranged in the chatroom of an evening. May be in a specific room where was can discuss things to do with the exams and study etc.

Carl

01-03-07 18:35:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Online DipDI Study Sessions

#2 02-03-07 12:12:04

amby
Verified Member

That sounds great Carl, I am currently studying module 1 and 2 at the moment for this year, hoping to take 3,4,5 next year.  Any further help would be brilliant as it is hard to self motivate and also find time to fit these things in.  Please keep me informed. smile

DSA ADI (Car), Cardington Grade 'A', Fleet Registered, 7303 Teaching Certificate.
Ordit Registered
Instructor Training Parts 1,2, & 3 Stafford and Surrounding areas

#3 02-03-07 13:09:26

luchell

Hi carl  smile Myself and kev E as you know are study buddies, we are sitting all five this year in the hope we will have done enough to nail it. If not we shall simply resit anything left next year. I think thats a realy good idea, as far as i am aware you can make your own little room in the chatroom and others can come in and join so perhaps  we should agree days and times then have a little play  lol

Hi again Amby by the way  wink I have gone through modules 1, 5 and nearly done 4 leaving 2 and 3 ones that i feel will be harder for me to do so i can put all my time into them.

It really does help to have others doing the same thing, if you're ok for myself and Kev to join you that would be great  smile

#4 02-03-07 13:20:18

Carl

Thanks Hayley. I know about creating rooms as I've installed a FlashChat room at 2Pass (at long last and much to the members delight!!)

I don't have time to do the exams this year, but I'm hoping to do all 5 next May. I figure 1 module every couple of months then a couple of months to revise.

Carl

#5 02-03-07 14:53:02

june315
Verified Member

i am also interested. I have purchased all the workbooks and syllabus from the DIA. I asked Hayley how much the modules cost and how to book but am still waiting for a reply do any of you know?

many thanks June

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

#6 02-03-07 15:06:18

luchell

oops sorry June, i started writing the pm then i couldn't remember what i had paid i have a receipt here somewhere i will take a look. Can't find it, i think it was 45 pounds per module, i phoned the DIA up and did it all over the phone.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 02-03-07 16:16:12

Carl

June

This may help - http://www.driving.org/pdf/DipDI%20Introduction.pdf

On the last page it's got the exam costs, timetable etc. Hayley's right, it is £45 per module.

Carl

#8 02-03-07 21:33:32

RichardG
Verified Member
Website

This will be a great idea if it can be set up carl.  lol

Got my workbooks through today from the DIA so am ready to go !

Looking through them, what have I let myself in for !  :? :? :?

Richard

#9 03-03-07 23:36:01

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Count me in

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#10 04-03-07 19:28:51

june315
Verified Member

Thanks Hayley and Carl I haven't been on for a couple of days hence the late reply. Please keep me posted I am definately interested smile

22/06/07 - part 1 - 93% 64
31/07/07 - part 2 - passed 3m
11/05/09 - part 3 - 4/4

#11 05-03-07 20:15:00

Carl

Online Study sessions starting later this week:

I've got a couple of evenings free at the end of the week so I'll be in the chatroom from about 7ish. I'll create a "DipDI Study Room" and all those interested could pop in. We could then touch-base as to the way forward and take it from there.

Carl

#12 05-03-07 23:49:23

amby
Verified Member

I will definately pop into chat room if I get time, I think it is a great idea!

DSA ADI (Car), Cardington Grade 'A', Fleet Registered, 7303 Teaching Certificate.
Ordit Registered

#13 06-03-07 00:02:10

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I would like an insight into what the DipDi is like, is it ok for the likes of me (PDI) to pop into the chat room and watch, look, learn, but not partake in the discussion?
I dont want to waste your valuable time..............

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#14 06-03-07 06:35:14

Carl

I would like an insight into what the DipDi is like, is it ok for the likes of me (PDI) to pop into the chat room and watch, look, learn, but not partake in the discussion?
I dont want to waste your valuable time..............

Anyone is free to join. I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet and is very much a work in progress, so pop by, pull up a chair and join in if you like.

Carl

#15 06-03-07 09:03:21

Jimothy
Verified Member

I'm keen.
Which evenings are we proposing for the first session?

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#16 06-03-07 09:10:10

Carl

It will probably be tomorrow (Wednesday), Thursday and Friday. I can't do tonight as it's my wife's birthday and I've promised her my undivided attention today. Even been told that I'm not allowed to work today and I have to take her out for lunch.

Under the thumb, me? Never!!!!

Carl

#17 06-03-07 11:34:58

luchell

Sounds good, carl can i ask you to sound a quick pm to those of us interested so we remember to turn up i have so much on my mind at the mo i am a tad overloaded or i would do it  :oops: Thankyou in anticipation  smile smile

#18 06-03-07 16:40:15

kev elliott

Any ideas of times?- i will probably show up.

#19 06-03-07 19:48:52

LeanneADI
Verified Member

Sounds like a great idea.  Just reading through about the dip di.  Am i correct in thinking the application date has passed for this years?  Saw the date of 17th feb.

Leanne

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#20 06-03-07 20:28:44

Carl

Sounds like a great idea.  Just reading through about the dip di.  Am i correct in thinking the application date has passed for this years?  Saw the date of 17th feb.

You could try contacting the DIA and see if you can get in if there is space available. I know I'm not going to be able to do any this year so am going to attempt all 5 modules next year. I've got loads of time to study and get it down.

For all those that I didn't PM, I'll be in the chatroom from about 7pm tomorrow (Wednesday). I'll create a separate room so if you're interested pop by. As this will be the first one, it will be more of a case of getting to know where we are all at and discuss how to move the idea forwards.

Hope to see you in there.

Carl

#21 07-03-07 06:49:14

Jimothy
Verified Member

Tonite is difficult for me, I'll see what I can do smile

Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
Driving Standards Agency Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
ORDIT registered instructor trainer
Accredited BTEC Trainer (Driving Science)
IAM Registered Instructor
IAM Observer

#22 07-03-07 15:11:40

amby
Verified Member

What time will you be in the chat room till? as it is my birthday and I am going out for a meal, if I get back at a respectable time I will try and pop in.  If I don't get to chat tonight I will definately try tomorrow thursday.  Good luck with it.

Ordit Registered

#23 07-03-07 20:27:24

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Just home at 8.15 dropped in but have I missed it?

Could only find the general chat room.

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#24 07-03-07 20:56:42

Carl

Just home at 8.15 dropped in but have I missed it?

Hi Bull

There was a room from 6:45 but there were only two of us in it and it wasn't really getting anywhere so decided to try again another night. One thing is for sure, these sessions will need some sort of structure.

Carl

#25 11-03-07 22:04:11

standon11
Verified Member

just a quickie for those who are considering the dip di course.i rang the dia up last week & they said the deadline has passed for enrollment however you can still enter up until the end of april but will have to pay an additional charge to enter late.the normal charge is £45 a module but for applicants over the february deadline we have to pay an additional £15 per module totalling £60 per module + all applicants have to pay £75 for admin fees.iv'e just recieved my books & don't know where to start,i'm only doing 2 modules this year as there's not that much time till exams & it's gonna cost me £195 plus i had to buy the dia's instructor manual at £30 the rest of the books i already have.i don't know what iv'e let myself in for as iv'e just had a quick scan through & i don't understand a lot of the words never mind the questions & the dia's manual which is advised to read to help with studies is like a bible.oh dear.

any advice on how to structure studying will be appreciated.

chris

Board footer