You are not logged in.

#1 20-02-07 13:37:54

Speedie

Hello... another newbie :)

Hi

I'm Kim, 23 years old from east midlands and this year I have decided to take the plunge and learn to drive - first lesson is on 8th March and i'm really excited already  big_smile

Thought i'd say hello *waves* and introduce myself.

I started learning to drive when I was 17, then chickened out when I came to commit to booking a test and decided I wanted a motorbike instead, however in recent months the sensible side of me has come out, ditched the bike and decided that this year is the year to learn again!

Hope to chat to some of you soon  tongue

Kim x

Theory passed: 24/4/07 - 32/35 & 60/75
Practical passed: 18/05/07

20-02-07 13:37:54

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hello... another newbie :)

#2 20-02-07 13:59:10

luchell

Hey there  smile smile Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask away with any questions you might have, some of us are often in the chatroom in the evening to so pop on in and say hello  lol lol

#3 20-02-07 14:03:49

Speedie

Thanks Luchell  big_smile

You migth regret saying that... no doubt i'll have loads of stupid questions....  :evil: :oops:

big_smile big_smile big_smile

Kim x

#4 20-02-07 14:07:28

luchell

The only stupid question is the one you DIDN'T ask  lol wink

#5 20-02-07 14:14:48

Speedie

There's time yet...

You've not heard any of the questions yet....  wink lol

Kim x

#6 20-02-07 14:20:18

luchell

Go on try me  lol lol wink

#7 20-02-07 14:28:28

Speedie

Ooooh, erm....

...put ont he spot.... er.... *scratches head*...

Which order do the pedals go in again?   :oops:

Kim x

#8 20-02-07 14:41:22

luchell

Clutch Brake Accelerator  smile smile

#9 20-02-07 14:57:41

Speedie

big_smile

So its as easy as saying ABC backwards ? lol

Kim x

#10 20-02-07 16:28:59

msdarcy721

Hi Kim,

welcome to the forum smile

good luck with the learning! i agree with Luchell! it's a good atmosphere here too to ask anything!

probably will bump into you somewhere on here no doubt!

so long as it's not out there on the roads tongue lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#11 20-02-07 16:35:03

gday
Verified Member
Website

Clutch Brake Accelerator  smile smile

Hello and by the way that's from left to right! wink

#12 20-02-07 18:48:50

kev elliott

Welcome to the forum speedy, i see you have already learnt something lol

#13 20-02-07 20:39:05

starlight_

Hiya Kim

I haven't been learning to drive long & this lot have been great! smile

See you around

Kate

I blinking passed, at last!! smile 19/03/08 - OMG I've been driving a year! Sold Betty & haven't stopped sobbing since....

#14 20-02-07 21:18:51

wiko66
Verified Member

Welcome Kim, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun on here and learning to drive.

good luck  ;D

#15 21-02-07 00:03:17

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Kim, good on you for deciding to get to grips with 4 wheels rather than just 2! (nothing wrong with motorbikes though, passed my bike test last year!)  Hope you enjoy your first lesson, what part of the East Mids are you in?  Keep us informed on your progress  smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#16 21-02-07 10:57:13

Speedie

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Thanks for all your posts! Really cheered me up this morning!!!

c-way i'm in Derbys, east mids although i'm a southerner at heart - Berkshire is where i grew up! Moved here about 3 years ago and still trying to get used to words like 'nesh' and i'm off to 'mash' a cup of tea. And i cannot tell you how shocked i was when someone first called me 'duckie'  yikes

big_smile

Kim x

#17 23-02-07 22:04:54

DEE

Hi Speedy

I'm a midlander too  big_smile
I'm from Staffordshire so not too far away from you
Welcome to the forum
Any questions you have just ask
Join us in the chatroom some time
We are a pretty good crowd and like a laugh and a joke
But we are also ready to help
The people on here really were a huge help to me while I was learning and now I have passed I hang around because its a great place and there is always something we all need help with sometimes

Join in the fun

Look forward to seeing you around

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#18 26-02-07 20:59:27

Louisa
Verified Member

welcome speedie, im training to be an adi and live near Loughborough, any probs, give us a shout and i ll help you smile smile smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

#19 26-02-07 21:57:10

jmac3
Verified Member

welcome speedie good luck with the training and have fun on the forum ;D

#20 26-02-07 21:59:10

vodkaqueen

hi speedie im in Derby too, and also a southerner at heart (somerset) !!
nice to meet you ! xx

1st lesson       :2/12/2006
Theory Passed :30/1/2007
22 Lessons so far!
Kaz x

#21 27-02-07 19:07:29

tmg555
Verified Member

Hiya Kim and welcome loads of people on here only to willing to help if you have any questions they really are a nice bunch.

Les Hayes
Approved Driving Instructor
For driving lessons in and around the Reading area
www.hayes-driving-lessons.co.uk
Tel 0118 9626 473

Board footer