You are not logged in.

#1 25-02-07 16:43:29

vodkaqueen

Newbie :)

HI, new here, am currently learning to drive, im 31 yrs young and was determined to learn before i turned 30 - ho hum lol!
Have had 20 lessons so far and passed my theory, have just changed instructors as my last one was turning really starting to annoy the hell outta me, have got my next lesson on tuesday with hopefully a lovely lady (she sounded nice on the fone lol)
So this is me, my names Karen, im married with 3 children, and a husband thats fed up of having to drive me everywhere  big_smile

1st lesson       :2/12/2006
Theory Passed :30/1/2007
22 Lessons so far!
Kaz x

25-02-07 16:43:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Newbie :)

#2 25-02-07 16:51:24

msdarcy721

Hi Karen,

welcome to the forum smile

good luck with the driving! i'm sure you'll be driving your husband everywhere once you have that independence to come and go as you please! 8-) he won't even get a look in i'd imagine! lol

good luck with your new instructor and the lessons!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 25-02-07 21:12:39

DEE

Hi Karen

Welcome to the forum
We are a pretty good bunch
Join us in the chat room one night

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#4 26-02-07 09:48:53

Speedie

Welcome Karen  big_smile

Anyone that likes Vodka is a-o-kay in my books

big_smile big_smile big_smile big_smile

Kim x

Theory passed: 24/4/07 - 32/35 & 60/75
Practical passed: 18/05/07

#5 26-02-07 09:53:22

gday
Verified Member
Website

Welcome Karen smile

Do you mind me asking, so that I can avoid making the same mistakes, what annoyed you about your last Instructor and caused you to change Instructors?  ;D

#6 26-02-07 10:49:58

vodkaqueen

Hello, thanks for the lovely welcomes  big_smile

in response to g'day, the instructor was a flippin nitemare, he had only been an instructor since june, had no-one passed yet, on lessons he constantly spoke about his family, his kitchen (on one lesson we stopped and he drew me a diagram of his corner unit  yikes) oh and the final insult was when i said i wish i had learnt when i was 17 his reply was 'yeah i bet you were too busy chasing boys you hussy'  yikes yikes that was kinda the cherry if you like!

anyways got a new instructor tomorro, fingers crossed!

xx

22 Lessons so far!
Kaz x

#7 26-02-07 10:55:10

DEE

Hi Karen

Good luck with your new ADI
Hopefully you will get on well and progress with your driving
I was very lucky with ADI's My first one was wonderful and very patient but unfortunatly he retired before my pass. My 2nd one was just as good.
Hope evrything goes well for you

P.S If my ADI had said that to me I think I would have slapped him  yikes

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#8 26-02-07 12:13:54

msdarcy721

it definitely sounds as if you've made the best decision Karen in finding a new ADI!

good luck with your lessons smile i really hope you enjoy them! smile

remember, there's a lot of support on this place too and so much advice/helpful shoves along the way, you really can't go wrong!

i'm the same as Dee, luckily the guy i went with was really good. i do think that that made all of the difference to be honest; to have a good instructor that was really enthusiastic and engaging in the way he taught me. learning really was fun; and i think it's sad if it isn't the case really!

so, good luck! i hope you enjoy your lessons with your ADI.

let us know how you get on, if you wish to smile

xxxxxxxx

#9 26-02-07 13:40:50

vodkaqueen

Thanks guys! yes to be fair when he said that i nearly did an emergency stop but i just grinned and beared it, still havent told hubby what he said though think he would go absolutley barmy  neutral

I am looking forwrad to my lesson tomorrow its a 2 hour one and the lady was lovely on the phone we were yapping for about half an hour before we got round to making the booking lol!
Will let you all know how it goes! I am hoping to pass my test by easter? do you think thats possible?  :?

xx

22 Lessons so far!
Kaz x

#10 26-02-07 20:53:03

Louisa
Verified Member

Hey Kaz, firstly welcome to the forum, secondly anything is possible so its up to you, put the effort in and it can happen, im training to be an ADI and on my last part and im finding it really hard....full time job...1 child and the day to days struggles of life but these people on the forum have given me hope and inspiration that have kept me going, and without them i would have given up long ago.....so keep going and we ll be looking out for the pass date very soon, im near Loughborough so if you need any help pm me and i ll be there smile smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

#11 26-02-07 21:31:46

vodkaqueen

aw thanks louisa thats lovely of you, i will keep you in mind and you may regret offering help lol!
good luck with your training! xx

22 Lessons so far!
Kaz x

#12 26-02-07 22:30:19

Louisa
Verified Member

hey as much as you d benefit its for me too!!!! works both ways smile speak soon x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PXGn42tCbc

This is what qualifying as an ADI makes you do!!! smile yes its me smile

www.drivingschoolsloughborough.com

Board footer