You are not logged in.

#26 17-01-07 19:23:24

pj
Verified Member

Re: The DIA Diploma

Big tip for all of you doing the exams this year, make sure you check the whole of the question paper, sometimes there are questions on the last page, isn't that right nigel  roll wink lol love teasing him about that one big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

17-01-07 19:23:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 17-01-07 19:25:16

kev elliott

oh er pj did somebody miss a question then?

#28 17-01-07 19:33:18

pj
Verified Member

quite a few people missed the question on the back the year I did module 3, I finished the paper quite early so I left coz I live nearby, when I got back in the afternoon for module 4 they asked if I had seen the question on the back which of course I had ; I read the bit on the bottom of page saying "please turn over",  :lol:but lots of them had missed it and they were given extra time. It was a good job I passed overwise I would of complained that they got extra time as the pass mark is done as an average. Module 3 was the one I was dreading, and if I can pass that one anyone can  roll.

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#29 17-01-07 20:14:01

hector
Verified Member
Website

Pj you finished the paper early cause your answers were probably 'girly'.

Example where do you put the oil - In that black cap thingy  smile smile

Anyway you didnt invite anyone for coffee!

My last answer that should have taken about 20 mins took 3- A picture of a water cooling system drawn by a three year old. I cant of gained any marks for it so i must have already passed ;D

They should have put please turn over in bigger letters

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#30 17-01-07 20:16:12

kev elliott

Hector a picture paints a thousand words might have the few marks that gave you the pass ;D

#31 17-01-07 21:45:44

pj
Verified Member

I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone when i left otherwise I would of invited you for coffee, anyway the rest of you were sooooo slow I was probably home and had finished my first coffee by the time you lot had finished big_smile. Give girly answers yikes , as Catherine Tate would say "how very dare you" lol lol lol even I know you put the oil in the black cap thing with the nice picture of a oil can on it or better still marry someone who's a semi-skilled mechanic and get him to do it, then you don't run the risk of getting messy oil over yourself big_smile big_smile

I forgot to put the fan in my pic of the cooling system :oops: :oops: lol

PJ Dip DI

#32 17-01-07 22:08:09

luchell

Whats the pass mark for each module then on the exams? 100 points available so how many do you need to pass the module?

#33 17-01-07 22:14:08

hector
Verified Member
Website

This picture didnt paint any seriously!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#34 17-01-07 22:16:49

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hayley there is no pass mark it is only set depending on results nationwide.The better everyone does the higher the pass mark.

I truly believe they didnt mark the question we talked about cause a third of our group missed it, if that was the same all over they would take it out of the equation.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#35 25-02-07 13:52:12

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Bought all the study guides, previous papers and syllabus last year, and bought most of the list for recommended reading.

Just cannot find the time and/or inclination to get started.

Couple of colleagues want to start too, are going to buy the books and hope to get together with each other, only problem is we all work up to 8.30/9.00 at night and by the time we get home , complete paperwork and have dinner I am usually ready for a bit of telly and bed.

The thought of a one hour round trip to study with these other guys is not that appealing by then.

Can any one advise as to the best way of setting about this DipDi.

Are there any websites or forums for likeminded ADIs?

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#36 25-02-07 18:24:58

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I passed my diploma took two years, did the 3 what I perceived easy modules 1st. The best advice I can give you goes along these line Q how do you eat an Elephant? Ans one bite at a time. Start with the 1st module take it with you to work read between lessons and at lunch times, allocate one evening to study. It requires effort, all I can say is it was worth it for me.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#37 25-02-07 21:46:50

RichardG
Verified Member
Website

I know it is a self study course, but do you get any support/help from the DIA ?

Do they have teachers etc who mark/check any of your work etc you complete during the course?

Can someone please advise, or else how do you know how you are going on, until you take the exam and get your results through   neutral

Cheers

Richard

#38 26-02-07 14:37:53

standon11
Verified Member

iv'e considered ordering the books for the diploma course.do you need to enroll for the course or do you just buy the books,study & then book your own test when the time comes.

chris

#39 26-02-07 16:20:45

Carl

I bought the study guides back in 2001 but, like Bull, have yet to find the time or inclination to get started. Hopefully I'll get my ass in gear for 2008/2009. I work better in a team but don't seem to be able to find anyone around here who intends to take it. Will get in touch with the local ADI group and see if they can offer any help.

Chris, in answer to your question, you enrol for the exams when you feel ready. The exams take place in May and the cut-off to enrol is end of February. You can buy the books, study guides etc when you want.

Carl

#40 26-02-07 19:44:41

Target
Verified Member
Website

This is just a suggestion, because I've got many things up my sleeve which I'd love to get started, was on the verge of starting Spanish Lessons then found myself with a full diary and since this is the only evening i've got off im going to look a getting a new printer again online, but thats another storey.

Perhaps long term it would be possible to juggle your lessons and reduce the hours by lets say 2-3 hours per week, or come home early and study. It will mean a gap in your diary but then in around 12 months time your have something worth selling and will no doubt be increasing your costs.

Its something I need to deal with IF & WHEN I start the course but finding the time is not easy, and when you have the time I don't know about you guys but I start looking for work and that takes time also.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#41 26-02-07 21:21:38

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

The DIA Diploma is easy to do if you give it some time, no pain no gain.

www.1st-4.org
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#42 26-02-07 21:30:27

standon11
Verified Member

i note the diploma closing date is end of feb or something like that.would it be possible for me if i could still enroll before the end of the month to study for maybe just one module before the exam in may,or is it cutting it to fine.

i wanna get cracking but i don't like the fact that the exams are only once a year.

#43 26-02-07 21:32:28

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

The answer to your question is do it, get your butt in gear, register do an exam, pass and let that spur you on.

www.1st-4.org

#44 01-03-07 09:50:26

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

You mean you dont like getting messy PJ-my estimations of you have gone down now wink wink yikes

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#45 01-03-07 20:41:06

pj
Verified Member

depends what i'm getting messy with & with whom wink wink big_smile

PJ Dip DI

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#46 01-03-07 21:15:11

Target
Verified Member
Website

i note the diploma closing date is end of feb or something like that.would it be possible for me if i could still enroll before the end of the month to study for maybe just one module before the exam in may,or is it cutting it to fine.

i wanna get cracking but i don't like the fact that the exams are only once a year.

Yes, good question I was wondering if exams could be taken at other times during the year.

If I get some other personal stuff sorted I may crack on a take all the exams next year, but dragging it out till 2009. sad

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#47 19-03-07 16:42:21

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

The exams can not be taken at any other time as the take up has in the past been slow but with recent interest in CPD and well done everybody, there is more interest. This year see's the biggest entry yet, soon many will be left behind

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#48 26-03-07 20:38:41

Natalie

Hi Guys

I have bought the books and had a quick look through them all.  Looks scary to me looking forward to getting started.  Like most just need to give myself that push to get started.

What would you say they best books are to read to help study for them or should I really know all answers????????

Nats

#49 03-04-07 08:15:33

Target
Verified Member
Website

I've taken the plunge.

I've ordered all five work books. & the extra 6th exam techniques.
DIA manual & update service
Mechancial principles
Model answers

I know theres some others recommended but I'll wait till the info comes through.

Hoping to allow time at least one day a week to study ( not Sunday )

Shall see how we go.

QEF Mobility Qualified
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk

#50 03-04-07 15:26:29

kev elliott

congratulations on taking the plunge Target, now the fun starts lol

Board footer