You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-02-07 16:08:08

standon11
Verified Member

is it to early for me to start cpd?

hi all.

i only qualified as an adi 2 weeks ago.however looking back on the whole thing now i really enjoyed the studying to qualify as an adi & now i seem to be at a loss at what to do at night.

the thing is iv'e realised iv'e got brains i never thought i had,& have got the bug now for studying & would like to do something else in my spare time study wise so i thought why not link this with my new chosen career & would possibly like to study for the dip di.do i need to get any other qualifications first?.or if you can give me any advice on what order to do things in it would be appreciated.alternatively if you think it's to early for me to be considering this any advice on when you think i should consider starting cpd.

chris

22-02-07 16:08:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: is it to early for me to start cpd?

#2 22-02-07 19:03:25

luchell

Its never to early to wannt to improve your knowledge im in the process of doing the dip di at the moment really really enjoying it.Couldn't care if it will be counted as cpd or not cos this is just the start of my studying.

Have a look herefor the workbooks, you need the dia manual to smile smile

http://www.driving.org/products.html?catagory=BOOKS

#3 23-02-07 00:01:08

kev elliott

The other thing to consider Standon11 is that it not just driving related studying you can take - Bussiness courses can be useful for understanding the basics of running a bussiness, there are teaching qualifications that you can do as well.

For an informal  aproach which will improve your performance as an instructor consider the Smart Driving range of products - he has one which is desinged to improve your performance as an instructor. Should add i have no connection with Smart driving other than that of a satisfied customer

#4 23-02-07 20:38:59

Target
Verified Member
Website

Why are you two displaying the same website site?

Never too early, although I would think your mind is spinning already and 6 months under your belt in L-Tuition would be useful to find some balance in your teaching methods.

I'm 3 years in and wish I'd found the time earlier to start other courses and increase my prices along with my qualifications, but alas I never had the time nor the money.

Have a look at your weaker areas and perhaps even where you would like to move onto.

There has been some good posts sent by Hector about courses and what each individual Adi could be striving for, but dont wait around for the DSA, improve your lot.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#5 23-02-07 22:37:49

luchell

See my new post on the adi forum Target  smile smile

#6 23-02-07 23:32:39

standon11
Verified Member

i know what you mean target.i'm going to consider what to do next over the next few weeks.my head is still spinning & iv'e only picked my car up today & iv'e still never taught a real pup.so i might hold back on cpd until i find my feet as i think i'll be in for some testing times to start with.i'm hoping to be ready for business by next friday.

one thing i might do is take the rospa driving test.it's only £45 quid & since iv'e been spending the last 6 months sat in passenger seat part 3 training i feel i need to go back & make sure my own driving is up to standard still,although i always aspire to drive to the standard i was for my part 2 i want to make sure it's up to scratch.iv'e read i'll need a good understanding of roadcraft aswell as highway code to get a good mark on the rospa test.is this correct,is it harder than the part 2?

chris

#7 25-02-07 09:16:21

ExAdiNigel

Before deciding on the RoSPA test, sit back and think where you want to take your business in the future?

If you plan to stick with learners, then the DIA or Cardington tests may be better suited.  If you plan to move towards Fleet training then the IAM or RoSPA tests may be more appropriate.

As others have said, it's never to early to start cpd.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#8 25-02-07 11:25:54

standon11
Verified Member

thanks for the info nigel.what about the diploma what would that be useful for? & whats the difference between the one run by the dia & the rospa diploma.

cheers

chris

#9 25-02-07 17:11:04

ExAdiNigel

The DIA is theory based.  Hayley & PJ can probably give more in depth knowledge on that, they are studying for it at the moment.

The RoSPA Diploma in Advanced Driving (or Riding) Instruction (to give its full name) comprises a theory exam, a presentation (10 mins) your driving and an instructional commentary.  The course is now a 5 day course with the tests on the last day.

The DIA diploma would be very relevant to the teaching of learners (and any other training too) whilst the RoSPA Diploma is more relevant to full licence holder & fleet training than to learners.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer