You are not logged in.

#1 18-12-04 14:16:58

alys
Website

Passed Part 2

I haven't been in the forum for some time due to various stuff going on at home including leaving my job (I jumped as they were running up rapidly from behind to push me!), finding a new job, getting ready for Christmas and birthdays over the same period, oh, and studying for Part 2.

Well, I did it.  I passed yesterday with 4 minors so I am now a very happy lady and I am going to enjoy a break over Christmas before embarking on the training for Part 3.

Good luck to everyone else studying or being tested and season's greetings to you all.

Alys big_smile

Alys smile

18-12-04 14:16:58

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 2

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 18-12-04 15:47:45

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Excellent result!

Well done Alys, that should bring you a bit of Christmas cheer.

Regards,

#3 18-12-04 21:15:29

MarkReading

A big Congratulations mate.  big_smile

Well done indeed. I start my Part 2 in Jan 2005....

#4 18-12-04 21:48:44

TimApps

Well done, alys.
4 minors in an hour of driving to a very high standard of competence as demanded by the part 2 is a creditable result!
Now you must dust off your theoretical knowledge once again and get down to the real stuff... teaching it!
Have a great Chrimbo and start afresh in the new year.

#5 19-12-04 11:22:51

alys
Website

Thanks all.

I have just booked my Part 3 test for 14th April - the earliest possible date at Preston!  My plan is to take the Part 3 after training only and then only go on a Pink if I fail.

I am sure that I will have a lot more questions and probs once the real stuff starts after Christmas!

Alys big_smile
(yes, I am still grinning!)

Alys smile

#6 19-12-04 11:54:33

Adrienne

Well done Alys

Bet you'll be doing a bit of extra celebrating over Christmas.  Onwards for Part 3 now  Good luck

Adrienne

#7 10-01-05 05:48:06

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

Well done for passing part 2,
I'm taking my part 2 on March 16 in Slough. I use to live in Windsor but I worry that the roads have changed quite a bit since then.
I'm having my second driving lesson down in Fareham where I'm taking all my lessons. So far I need to sort out my approach to round-a-bouts and not changing gear on the round-a-bout plus I'm harsh on the gear stick. I have been warned that this is not a breeze to get through so once again well done for passing. Any good tips you can tell me.
Just finishing off my night shift now so I wish you all a good day.

Regards
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

#8 10-01-05 21:58:30

pk1

Hi im traing for my pt2 at the moment and thouhgt it was ok to change gear on an island if nessacery (What if its a large island and you had started from standstill and were in 1st gear ? im confused now

#9 10-01-05 22:08:45

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi,

It's almost certainly to do with steering and changing gear at the same time.

If you move off in 1st put the steering on, then change if there is time before turning to leave. On bigger roundabouts it really shouldn't be a problem.

Check these things out with your trainer.

Good luck with the courses guys and keep us informed.

Regards,

#10 11-01-05 13:23:47

donegalbiddy

Just passed part two and  looking forward to starting part 3 tomorrow.

#11 11-01-05 13:34:44

VandADI
Administrator

Congratulations donegalbiddy,
Onwards and upwards to part 3,
Go for it  big_smile
VandADI

#12 13-01-05 14:25:39

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

I Just discovered this website yesterday... I just passed my Part2[2nd attempt] on Tuesday with just 3 driving faults...  I think I will do a lot of browsing through this forum, as I am very unclear and undecided about how to do the next stage, so any advice will be gratefully recieved.
Note that Im in northern ireland, so anyone else doing training over here?

Board footer