You are not logged in.

#1 30-12-04 00:49:13

peterd

lesson plans/colourfile??

Hello,

First post but hope someone can advise. Currently about to take part 2 following training with BSM. As advised I have been preparing my folder with complete lesson plans and accompanying photo's which I have almost completed. However I seem to receive contradictory advice and am told I should just go ahead and purchase a colourfile and be done with it.

Should I just disregard creating my own lesson plans and use a colourfile for future referance (more concise and proffessional looking??). How is the use of a colourfile recieved with the DSA
when wishing to pass part 3?

Sorry if a little long winded bit thanks in advance

30-12-04 00:49:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: lesson plans/colourfile??

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-12-04 04:15:31

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Personally i would create my own, with guidance from other booklets etc.

As for taking such a file on my part 3, I was told just to use the Driving Instructors Manual, Highway Code and Know Your Traffic Signs book.
With some photographs of junctions, bends etc.

Because most of what you need to know must be in your head, best not to read from text.

My instructor went on to say, Although a picture paints 1000 words it should not be used in every instance.

Thats what i used

Once i did pass i went on to buy John Farlams 'Smart Driving'
Found at http://www.smartdriving.co.uk

Ps, Welcome to the forum

#3 30-12-04 04:24:25

peterd

Thanks for reply.

Thats seems fine. Am happier to carry on with my own as seems to give me a greater understanding of whats involved etc etc. Just did not want to wasted my time when found out everyone had done otherwise.

Thanks for welcome also....

#4 30-12-04 08:38:54

VandADI
Administrator

Hi peterd,
I am a little surprised that BSM have advised to start preparing your lesson plans BEFORE you have passed part 2. It really is advisable to do parts 1,2 and 3 in a logical and sequential order as doing part 3 before you are ready can be a little overwhelming.
With regards to the material you use for part 3. It really is personal choice that determines which set you use, basically whatever works for you. I found lesson plans with pictures and prompts purchased through John Farlam worked for me, so I stuck with those, and still do use them.
Colourfile too, are very good, it may be useful to actually compare those to the one you have, if possible. DSA allow the use of lesson plans during part 3, so long as your eyes are not glued to a script, they are quite happy for you to use anything.
VandADI

#5 30-12-04 19:04:16

peterd

Hello VandADI,

Thanks for your reply. Yes seemed a little odd I thought when asked to start putting lesson plans together prior to taking part 2 and agree a little overwhelming. Sort of takes your eye of the ball!

Will investigate both John Farlam and Colourfile publications to see which suits best.

Anyhow back to TNT,BBC,"If nothing said go straight ahead" and a whole host of other sayings in prep for part 2

Again thanks for advice

#6 11-01-05 15:07:01

donegalbiddy

Hi just new and recently passed part II.  Phoned up the College I am training with and was given a workbook and a booklet with lesson plans and diagrams.  It was all a bit vague to me to start with considering I had only just passed part II and had no info on part III only that of commentary driving.  I seen your posting and am not looking forward to attending college tomorrow as would seem I should be more informed on lesson plans etc...  Any advise would be helpful.  Thanks!

#7 12-01-05 19:44:52

disappointed

I'd agree John Farlam's Smart Driving is good, but also putting your own together can only be a help in developing/reinforcing the subject in question.

Board footer