You are not logged in.

#1 13-02-07 18:21:36

Lulu

I PASSED!!!

I passed my test AT LAST yesterday. I had failed twice before for reverse round a corner - 5-6 minor faults, but that manouver always let me down.

Well yesterday at 9.37 my dream came true and I totally nailed reverse round a corner and parallel park. Only 4 minors too! I was so overjoyed.

A word to the wise - if I can do it, anyone can! I was completely clueless when I started back in June. Don't give up even when things get rough.

Louise

13-02-07 18:21:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I PASSED!!!

#2 13-02-07 18:45:50

msdarcy721

Hi Louise!

congratulations!

awww what an excellent result! you must be chuffed to bits! it sounds like an excellent drive!

well done you!!!!!!!! big_smile

enjoy that FULL license, that you've earned!

vrooooooooooooooooooom as your avatar says lol

#3 13-02-07 19:17:56

releaser

Hello everyone and congratulations Louise smile.

First post but I passed today on my first attempt - I am really chuffed!

I did get 14 minors though which was pretty close to the limit so although I'm happy I think I could have done a lot better. 

Getting so close to failing has knocked my confidence a bit as although it shows I can drive there is still stuff I can improve upon, but I won't be having lessons any more so I feel as though I'll have nobody to ask.

Hopefully this will go when I start driving by myself and I put it down to feeling nervous on the day but there is still something in the back of my mind that says I am missing something.

#4 13-02-07 19:37:46

dog
Verified Member

CONGRATS smile smile smile

#5 13-02-07 19:41:46

robo
Website

congrats to both of you  8)

Theory test - passed first time - 23/8/06- 35/35 & 49/75 on HP

Practical test - passed first time - 20/11/06- 6 minors

Pass plus completed on the 11/12/06

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 13-02-07 20:02:10

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Well it's great to see some  good news on a gloomy february day!  Congratulations Lulu and releaser, enjoy your success.  Once you have come off that cloud nine feeling think about doing the pass plus course, builds up your skills, your confidence and may earn you a great discount on your insurance, it's worth it!  Well done both!  big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#7 13-02-07 20:09:33

msdarcy721

releaser,

first off> WELL DONE!!!! you PASSED!!! does it matter really about the mark you passed by?

not to be ignorant/or too black and white... BUT you have a full license, you can go out alone now, putting into practice all the things you've learnt, really going for it! why should you look back and think of anything different. you PASSED! wink

great news!! more great news with both of you!

i didn't feel 100% i was ready when my ADI said he felt that i was ready to put in for my test. going out alone for the first time felt a bit oh gosh, but coming home after a short trip felt AMAZING! i couldn't wait to get back out and toddle off on my little way again lol

i loved it; i really did.

you will too wink

good luck!

oh-- don't be too hard on yourself too! i was gutted as i stalled quite a lot on the first few trips; i was really quite, not angry with myself, but a bit sad awww why is this happening? i thought i had gone beyond the stage of stalling. but i had to keep in mind that i was still getting used to a new car, being out there on the roads without my ADI, and really gaining experience and road sense.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#8 13-02-07 20:10:34

msdarcy721

don't push yourself too much or expect too much at first either! 8-) you're going out trying to give it as good a shot as possible. you can't ask for anymore of yourself! but to enjoy it 8-)

safe driving xxxxxxxxxx smile

#9 14-02-07 08:04:37

Lulu

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. It was the best feeling hearing those magic words from the examiner (who was lovely by the way).

releaser - I'm really just echoing what Msdarcy said. You may not feel totally confident with 14 minors but in the end, the examiner thought you were competent enough to be gien a full licence. He/she had that confidence in you. If they hadn't thought you were ready to hit the roads on your own, they wouldn't have passed you.

Get out there by yourself, just do short journeys on familiar roads to start with. If you feel uneasy, pull over for a moment and chill.

I went out 2 hours after passing, just in my own town. Went to visit my aunt then my boyfriend. It was amazing! Good luck to you.

Oh and big congratulations from one new driver to another  big_smile

#10 14-02-07 10:13:40

lizzy69

Well done to both of you  ;D

#11 14-02-07 10:19:30

luchell

Well done both of you!  big_smile big_smile

#12 14-02-07 11:00:36

dwalin

;D hey well done you both thats great

#13 14-02-07 22:51:57

nicnac

Congratulations
nicnac xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx big_smile

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
event.png
[/url]

THEORY TEST JUNE 05...PASSED 1ST TIME
1ST PRACTICAL TEST 1/12/06...FAILED=1 SERIOUS-4 MINORS
2ND PRACTICAL TEST 14/12/06...FAILED=1 SERIOUS 4 MINORS
3RD PRACTICAL TEST 3/4/07...PASSED!!!!
5 MINORS!

#14 16-02-07 06:02:18

Lily

Congratulations! Well done to both of ya!

Board footer