You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-02-07 23:39:52

d0pefish

I passed recently :D

Hi smile

I have been registered here a while but have never posted really... but I thought I'd try and make use of this nice site now that I'm driving and I have a few things to learn about driving alone.

I am 19 and from Newcastle-upon-Tyne. smile

I've been learning since the second half of last year. I passed my theory test first time with 34/35 on the questions and 67/75 for the Hazard Perception! lol

On January the 25th I passed my practical test first time with just 5 minors! lol

I've owned a car and had it insured since last year too, as I was learning in it with my mum, so I drove away in it as soon as I got back from the test centre!! lol It's a 1995 Ford Fiesta 1.1.

I decided to record my first drive alone on my camera and I uploaded the video to YouTube... perhaps a strange thing to do but I was so excited I wanted to record the event. tongue To further add to the feeling of happiness and excitement, the sun was shining, and The Kooks came on the radio! lol

Since then I've started to have more confidence in confidence... smile Now I drive my car to work every day and give people lifts etc. I love driving! smile

I haven't ventured out onto the motorways quite yet though... that'll be saved for another video I guess lol

Here's my first ever drive alone, to get some petrol from the garage smile
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M5HaNkuX72U

Cheers! lol

08-02-07 23:39:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I passed recently :D

#2 09-02-07 00:06:37

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Firstly, congratulations on your pass!  Brilliant! Secondly I am now off to look at the you tube link!!! 

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 09-02-07 00:22:18

dog
Verified Member

Congrats at passing, and nice video too smile

#4 09-02-07 00:32:25

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Love the radio station!  But hey, lose the P plates off your windscreen and the furry dice are not cool!  Put your P plates on the metal bits and the furry dice - well you choose!  Congrats on your pass though!

#5 09-02-07 00:41:43

d0pefish

Thanks! lol

Yeah, someone advised me about the P plates a few days after I passed, I didn't know it was bad to place them inside the windscreen. I've since moved them out of the car lol

The furry dice were a present ;D I don't mind them; they're just air fresheners. They're not distracting to me smile

Glad you liked the video; there'll be more where that came from! smile

#6 09-02-07 01:07:04

c-way
Verified Member
Website

To be fair I didn't say I liked the video  big_smile  Loved the radio station as the music was good!  lol  And have had to sign up to youtube proper to post comment on your P plates!!!   big_smile big_smile  Enjoy your driving and stay safe!   wink

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#7 09-02-07 01:13:31

d0pefish

To be fair I didn't say I liked the video  big_smile

Okay smile I was glad that dog liked it though tongue

#8 09-02-07 01:22:46

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Sorry, now watched the video in full and it looks like a great drive!   Good video footage, what were you you using?  But still lose the P's off the windscreen and the furry dice!

#9 09-02-07 01:37:22

d0pefish

Thanks smile

I was using my Casio digital camera on a Gorillapod! big_smile It's a little tripod with bendy rubbery legs that you wrap round anything; in this case, the top of the passenger seat - seemed to work quite well. smile

#10 09-02-07 17:33:56

msdarcy721

a big congratulations to you!!!

the freedom is just wonderful! and it coming from something you've put such a big amount of effort into achieving. you should be REALLY proud, that you're out cruising along our highways lol being a safe driver; being a good contribution to road safety! and most of all enjoying that FULL license, whilst being aware of the responsibilities that comes with it.

good luck! i've likewise seen the vid!

at least there was some good music on there tongue lol

i loved it really lol

#11 09-02-07 17:54:07

Karenadi

How novel: hope you keep the video for ever.  Shame about the P plates n dangly things, but as long as your happy: mustn't be moaning and spoiling your moment.  Congratulations.

Board footer