You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#126 05-02-07 13:26:38

Macca
Verified Member

Re: The Instructor College (nationwide)

Dimmy for some bizarre reason Red have lacked pupils since they started some 6 years ago: .......Good luck to Red though.

Red actually started being advertised by the Instructor College in 1999 (i.e. more like 8 years ago). Along side almost every Instructor College advert was one for Red claiming to urgently need instructors. However, at the time they did not appear to be interested in taking any one on who was already qualified despite this urgent need. It has only been in the last couple of years where LVG seem to have taken a serious interest in creating a national driving school. Up until then it appeared to just support the sale of Instructor College courses.

Consequently, although they have had little work for those who joined in the distant past I suspect they now have more work and may present some serious competition to the likes of the AA, BSM etc if they can get there act together. Especially, with the demise of BSM as it closes many of its high street offices. Both BSM and the AA are now only recruiting trainees or qualified instructors in certain selected areas where they know they can support them. This leaves big holes in the map for the likes of Red to exploit.

05-02-07 13:26:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#127 05-02-07 13:49:04

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Very pertinent points macca though this:

Both BSM and the AA are now only recruiting trainees or qualified instructors in certain selected areas where they know they can support them. This leaves big holes in the map for the likes of Red to exploit.

.....highlights the main part of the problem. BSM/AA have both been criticised in the past (myself included - this is why I left BSM) for taking on instructors in areas where there was not enough call for them, and recently have started to adjust their policies to look after their current instructors. If BSM and the AA have found that there is no call for extra instructors in an area, then why would red be able to find work? Red are a very small player in many parts of the country, and would not be recognised as anything other than a n other instructor. The holes bsm/aa leave will be left because they have already been filled.

#128 05-02-07 17:19:40

ukwomble
Verified Member

With regard to the amount of work RED provide I can only comment on my first weeks experience with them on  :pdibadge: which started last Monday.... 29th.I was a little worried that pupil supply would be slow to begin with but to be honest it has been the complete opposite,I have been given 10 bookings from them via the call centre in the first week,covering my first 2 weeks on the franchise.Of the pupils that I have taken out so far(5) 3 of them have booked more lessons in and one of them has block booked 10 lessons.The 2 who didn't rebook had their reasons,first one thought lesson price to much(£24 in his area)and the other had allready had lessons previously with differant company,40 in total,and is taking her theory next week and will decide from there if she wishes to book again.I have been supplied beginners as-well as part trained pupils(maybe just luck)which helps me with my part3 training rather than just teaching beginers all the time.RED offer first 2hrs for the price of one which I thought may attract people just taking this offer up then not re-booking but so far I have not had this,but something to consider if you are think of joining.On the whole I am in a so far so good situation,albeit only 1 week in

Part 1 passed 13/10/06.....98/67.
Part 2 passed 12/12/06.....4 minors.
Part 3 failed   02/06/07.....3/3
Part 3 failed   16/07/07.....3/5
Part 3 passed 02/11/07.....4/4

#129 05-02-07 22:50:45

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

Now that sounds like a good deal: a personal trainer.  I reckon all franchises should offer that, within the franchise price: it'd make sense, rather than them be all take and no give.  At least you wouldn't mind paying the franchise, even if the work was a little down if you were getting something for it.

Too right!  When I was on a PDI, My driving school were happy for me to do 10 hours for £108.00 but an hor of their time cost me £25.00

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#130 06-02-07 07:14:02

wiko66
Verified Member

Just to let you Macca, TIC have now become ORDIT, they was preparing for this in nov when I did my 40 hours. Not sure if its nationwide yet but Sidcup are, oh and I never had any more than 2:1 trainaing, sometimes it was 1:1

#131 06-02-07 07:15:33

wiko66
Verified Member

Oops I mean training lol

#132 06-02-07 07:23:57

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Depends what area your in and how busy centre is.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#133 06-02-07 20:44:50

Trumper
Verified Member

So what are the advantages of 2.1 training?

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#134 06-02-07 21:00:06

Karenadi

Biggest one I can see is the opportunity to observe, to be able to see what is being done: think what you would do different: and to pick up on the good points.  An opportunity to see things from a different angle, while not having the pressure of hands on control.

#135 06-02-07 21:02:22

Evan

I don't think a courting couple in a car park would agree Karen.  ;D ;D Ev

''I'm going straight to hell for that one''

#136 06-02-07 21:06:20

Karenadi

How do you know: I'm told that some can learn much from a threesome. ;D  You are a nutta with a one track mind Ev. ;D

#137 06-02-07 21:15:46

Evan

How do you know: I'm told that some can learn much from a threesome. ;D  You are a nutta with a one track mind Ev. ;D

Well with regards to the threesome, if ever there was a need to check your blindspot this is it.

With regards to being a nutta with a one track mind.......................hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah probably right wink Ev

#138 07-02-07 06:35:57

wiko66
Verified Member

wiko66 wrote:

TIC have now become ORDIT, they was preparing for this in nov when I did my 40 hours. Not sure if its nationwide yet but Sidcup are,

Hi Wiko,
Do you know when TIC Sidcup received Ordit inclusion? I know Leytonestone have been undergoing an Ordit review since xmas, and I will get an oppotunity to ask them tomorrow about how things are progressing .

To the best of my knowledge, no branches of TIC have so far been added to the register, although Billingham's  Lets Drive branch are on the DSA's Ordit Register web page.

#139 07-02-07 06:39:03

wiko66
Verified Member

Hi Dimmy, I'm not sure I'm only going by what they told me when I started my 20 hours at beginig of jan, May be they ment that sidcup are up to the required standard, but have to wait for all of them to be done . If you see what I mean

#140 26-02-07 19:22:46

Changing Directions
Verified Member
Website

Trumper wrote:

Biggest one I can see is the opportunity to observe, to be able to see what is being done: think what you would do different: and to pick up on the good points.  An opportunity to see things from a different angle, while not having the pressure of hands on control.

Could not agree more Karen. All the way through my part two training my trainer kept including the third man (if you parden the sexist label) Stating that there was no point sleeping in the back or watching pedestrians at the lights ( wink  wink )

Pay attention to both the person driving and them as instructors. After all that's what we paid the money to become.
Also I was invited to use these skills when it came to fault identification, Analysis and remedial action.
Asked for insight into problems with manoeuvres and such.

2:1 training= double the training as far as I'm concerned

ADI Part 1 Passed 11/09/06
ADI Part 2 Passed 30/1/07

#141 20-05-07 10:39:31

CRICHADI

I did my training at the Derby college smack bang opposite the Derby county football ground on Pride Park,started in April 2005, found the classroom sessions usefull to start with But the part 1 Hazard perception training was a in-out job,mock test - fill the form - see you next time! Part Two training was ok,the good thing about car sharing 2-1 is you can spot faults from the back seat.Then came Part 3 training like some other coments on here,40 hours training in six days  ? 2-1 car sharing. start at 9am 20 min fault spot ride to site 20 min back (traffic permitting) 20-30 min luch stop at supermarket cafe nearly 1 hour gone before you start lots of roadside chat finish at 1 o'clock (ish) assume equal time in the hot seat 1 and half hours training tops!!over six days !!You work it out ?
          As for getting booking slots, you call them !!and Call ,and Call !!. I failed part three on the second attempt at that point i took full advantage of their BUDDY BOOK system and the PINK licence and my ADI sponsor reccomended me to a local 1-1 ORDIT trainer who for the best part of a year helped me more in the first month than i had with the TIC in twelve months it cost but if you want something bad enough you pay for it.I have now passed on my third attempt in May 2007 ,but in my opinion ONLY because i went to the independent trainer and payed the extra dosh i personaly felt abandonded by TIC after the second part three failure,fair dooos i went back for the compulsory Pink licence training (1 day class/1 day car) and i enjoyed the classroom sessions early on but money wise, i wish i had found this forum first and shopped around a bit, my ORDIT trainer would have done the whole course for £500 less than TIC and paid for my tests and Pink Licence.
Still we live and learn

#142 29-05-07 20:20:23

A*
Verified Member

I was taken in by the prospects and how much money could be made. Pt1 was basically left to my own devices, pt2 wasn't so bad although every time I went for my session I would have a different instructor which meant I was taught a different way. Pt3 was frustrating as we had more tea breaks than actual learning. I went on my  pink license and received private training ( at extra cost ) from a great trainer. I feel if  I had not had this extra training I would not have passed. Not too impressed with TIC. :cry:

#143 03-07-07 15:26:20

maders
Verified Member
Website

I would like to complain about the Instructor College (Wimbledon) I'm not impressed with there service, you pay them all that money, they should be jumping to help you with your training.
does anyone now who governs them and what should i do if I'm having problems.

I cant believe a big organisation like the TIC advertise that it is easy to train and they will help you all the way, when its a load of crap.

Has anyone else had problems with the college or can help me, or even disagrees with what I'm staying?

'be driven to success'

#144 03-07-07 17:01:55

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

What problems are you having exactly Maders.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#145 03-07-07 17:35:33

Dimmy

Contact details are listed in the TIC welcome pack.

I'm guessing the issues you are experiencing are similar to many other customers of theirs, its not restricted to wimbledon.
Perhaps it's time you changed to Leytonestone, although personally I'm not prepared to endorse the training there either, although the trainers commitment seems to be clear, the training regime is really rather restrictive, and to be honest, i found it wholly inappropriate for part 3 test. 
TIC claim their tuition is based on subject and not PST and is aimed at teaching pupils and not passing the tests.
without passing the tests you wont be able to teach pupils so IMHO this philosophy is flawed.
Even though they do claim their training is not PST based, just take a look at their part 3 assesment sheets, all laid out PST style, including phase 1 and 2 and in PST order.

The reality is, they do set out their training and assesment to PST but are wholly ill-equipped, nor have trainers that have the ability to assist their trainees fully understand and apreciate what the part3 test of instructional ability really requires of the candidate.
Itook additional training from blaine Walsh, who DOES know, and without doubt, is solely responsible for the grades I passed with.
A massive turnaround from my original 2/4 which I attribute to the poor standard of TIC training.

I'll hold up my assesment sheets from TIC to anyone that wants me to justify my comments above.

#146 03-07-07 17:53:23

VandADI
Administrator

I apologise for going slightly off topic, but I would like to congratulate Dimmy for getting his  adi.gif

#147 03-07-07 19:19:56

maders
Verified Member
Website

contrag Kevin, well don't 3rd time lucky!!

anyway, they claim that they are all this and that, i have a full time job as well as trying to train, on there advert they say that you can train while keeping your job, that is crap i have taken more leave for this than i would normally, and when i say that i cant so those days they continually mention that i shouldn't leave it to long between session (i cant !!!!!!!! win!) and it has cost me more than they mentioned. its beginning to feel like i wish i never started this. maybe it is my fault for not looking into the company as closely as i should. after paying the college £3k for the course, i would expect more, but word from the wise, just coz they have a flashy advert don't mean that they are any good.

it started when i had booked my part 2 and sorted out to use the car, the day before my test i received call stating that i would have to organise another car because there's was in the garage, a DAY BEFORE MY TEST, of all days! but i told them firm and clearly that they needed to sort this out ASAP and that i was not happy. well it was sorted and i had my test and failed oh well.
now I'm trying to book another test and i have to wait a whole month to get to use the car for my next test. i have to book a test in the afternoon, because they will not come in early let me have the car the nite before, what did i really pay that £3k for???

'be driven to success'

#148 03-07-07 19:23:29

Green Arrow
Verified Member

I remember Bsm telling me i would be earning in less that three months from when i started a few years ago  lol

www.HNDdrivingschool.co.uk

Adi teaching in and around Salisbury wiltshire

#149 03-07-07 21:23:22

Busheyfields
Verified Member
Website

it started when i had booked my part 2 and sorted out to use the car, the day before my test i received call stating that i would have to organise another car because there's was in the garage, a DAY BEFORE MY TEST, of all days! but i told them firm and clearly that they needed to sort this out ASAP and that i was not happy. well it was sorted and i had my test and failed oh well.
now I'm trying to book another test and i have to wait a whole month to get to use the car for my next test. i have to book a test in the afternoon, because they will not come in early let me have the car the nite before, what did i really pay that £3k for???

Why not use your own car for part 2? I used an old "K" plate Renault 5 without problem.

#150 04-07-07 06:21:47

maders
Verified Member
Website

i cant use our car because it is not suitable, as its a convertable. but when you spend that money you would expect them to do things for you. but i guess im not the only ones. i will send them a letter of complaint, it not on having so few resources!

'be driven to success'

Board footer