You are not logged in.

#1 21-01-07 15:22:42

cat
Verified Member

CHECK TEST

hi all

my letter has come through for my check test in only 8 months since i passed

it is dated for the 14th feb does this mean someone loves me lol

any help would be appreciated do i get the se to role play or take a pupil with me which is the best option

nerves are already setting in i hate that word test

anyone advise me on where to go to get some extra training just to be sure

cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

21-01-07 15:22:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: CHECK TEST

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-01-07 15:59:53

TheBlackburnRover
Verified Member
Website

Hi Cath

First off there really is nothing to worry about for your first check test.If you can pass part 3 you have no probs with this.

I take it you'll be taking it in Preston.I did my latest check test recently in Chorley & had the same SE that you will almost certainly get.She is very helpful & constructive.
The SE will want to see lots of Q & A on your lesson.
I would definitely use one of your own pupils that you feel comfortable with rather than getting the SE to role play.

Most of all do not worry-you will be fine.
Cheers

Phil

Driving Schools In Preston www.philcope.co.uk

#3 21-01-07 20:49:46

ADIALAN
Verified Member
Website

Hi

At my check test I did junctions using my own pupil and conducted the lesson exactly the same as I would for a normal lesson. Examiner commented that I picked quite a potentially complex topic and said he enjoyed the sit in.

I understand from other ADIs the examiner often gets bored observing manoeuvres. You are more likely to get a higher grade if you pick something meaty like I did as the pupil can only learn from it, something the examiner likes to see.

so..choose a suitable pupil with a lesson plan within the pupils potential ability, re cap last lesson, mention what you will cover in this lesson, be prepared to abandon what you set out to do if pupil messes up and needs putting right. Finish with a recap of the lesson and talk about the next lesson. Most of all be yourself! Don`t treat it like a part 3!! Good luck.  smile

Alan

"There is only one difference between genius and stupidity - genius has its limits"

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 21-01-07 21:19:50

TC
Verified Member
Website

Hi Cath

First off there really is nothing to worry about for your first check test.If you can pass part 3 you have no probs with this.

I take it you'll be taking it in Preston.I did my latest check test recently in Chorley & had the same SE that you will almost certainly get.She is very helpful & constructive.
The SE will want to see lots of Q & A on your lesson.
I would definitely use one of your own pupils that you feel comfortable with rather than getting the SE to role play.

Most of all do not worry-you will be fine.
Cheers

Phil

I know a guy who passed his part 3 no probs and got a grade 2 on his first check test last year,had to go for extra training with local trainer and re did check test 3 months later and just scraped a 4!!!,he's going back to his old job and teaching only at weekends.If you get the SE from Preston then she is excellent.Very understanding and offers some great advice.I beleive they are training up a DE from Preston to take check tests as he was sat in on some recent check tests in my locality last week or so.Just treat it as a normal lesson and try not to worry too much.Good luck.

#5 21-01-07 21:45:34

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I'll agree with the guys here - if it is the normal Preston SE then she's lovely. If you do roleplay keep an eye on her observations (both ways at junctions - she's got me on this twice now - my own fault), and keep positive with the instruction.

As long as you make sure that learning takes place you are 99% of the way there.

#6 21-01-07 22:28:12

cat
Verified Member

:-*

thank guys will take all ur info on board i have heard that pat is very good and makes you feel at ease from the word go just worried that i will mess up not the pupil

cath

Black Cat Driving School

catherine685@btinternet.com

Board footer