You are not logged in.

#1 17-01-07 12:24:16

24fansal

OMG I passed!!!!!!!!

Well just to let u all know i passed this morning first time. I am so pleased and words cannot express how happy i feel. The rescue remedy made loads of difference and i felt quite relaxed and serene when i was actually doing my test which made me feel loads better. Got picked up at 8.30am and went to do a left RRC and a parallel park as i needed to practice them and make them a bit better. Both of them went ok and kept them accurate and so we did not do anymore after that. Next we filled up with petrol as he didnt realise he was running low (what a wally, LOL!!) and plus i didnt want to be running low when i was driving. Plus we went up the dual carriageway and so it was a good job we filled up beforehand. Went and had a tea and Maccy D's at and sat and relaxed for about 20 minutes. Then went for the test.

Had a nice examiner (v fortunate cos there is an absolute a-hole who is greek and is rumoured to go through a pen in a week cos he is so harsh) which made me feel loads better. The show me was the horn, which was nice and easy!! The tell me was the oil so again nice and easy. The first manoeuvre was the reverse bay park in the test centre car park which went ok, not bang in the centre but still it was in, which was the main thing. And apparently my adi had gone to the loo at this point and he was getting other adi's to look out the window and see how i was doing!! He was chuffed that i had got that good at the start. Then we went driving.

The test centre has a slip road and it was busy but managed to pull safely into a gap so that went ok. The examiner was quite nice actually and instigated some conversation at various points throughout and so did i, and i think that helped as well cos total silence is not nice really for me personally. Left RRC went ok too, probably the best one i had ever done and kept it really close to the kerb throughout and did the best observsations i had ever done. Did that and unfortunately stalled it once at a junction, just didnt give it quite enough gas more annoying than anything else (1st minor). Didnt let it faze me and carried on. Then going up towards a junction someone was turning left and so i pulled out but he said maybe i should have held back as the car behind the one turning had to slow a little. It wasnt dangerous but he said it wasnt the wisest of moves, fair enough (2nd minor). And then went up the dual carriageway and traffic was really slow and knew i was going to have to overtake. Had never ever made the decision myself to do it either, but i put my foot down and just went for it, and really went for it overtaking 7 vehicles!! I bet he thought i was mad!! Then coming up to that roundabout there was someone who was obviously halfway round (plants in the middle so you couldn't see) and was going to go, and he kept his right hand signal on too long and looked like he was going full circle so i knocked it into 1st gear but turns out he wasnt and so he said my car slowed down a bit too much (3rd minor). But i thought it was best to hang back, but never mind. Then just drove straight back and had no hiccups.

So all in all it went fantastically well and i was nice and relaxed about it all. Plus my adi was mega chuffed as well. He said beforehand that he didnt expect me to get more than 4-7 minors so came just bang underneath that, which was fantastic. I am so pleased that he was pleased and that was my main objective. Shed a few tears (am hormonal so not the best day to be doing a test, lol!!) but was well happy.

Not gonna drive for a while cos i cant get a car (finances) but at least i have the skill there if i need it which is fantastic as i never thought i would even get this far and i am SO SO glad i never gave up. Am going to do pass plus with the same adi as he has been fantastic and will be doing that mid march.

Thanks so much everyone for all your advice and support it was greatly appreciated and i did think of it all today. Your words of wisdom made a hell of a difference and boosted my confidence loads. Am glad it was all worth it.

Thanks again,
Sal
xx

P.S Sorry for the v long post!!!!

P.P.S Thanks dwalin for your message by the way, much appreciated!!

17-01-07 12:24:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: OMG I passed!!!!!!!!

#2 17-01-07 12:29:35

pj
Verified Member

Well done, what a great result big_smile

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#3 17-01-07 12:34:26

sw
Verified Member

Well done 24fansal.  Feels great when you pass doesn't it! I remember passing mine nearly 10 years ago like it was yesterday, you'll never forget it! Sounds like the examiner helped put you at ease by little bits of chatting. 3 driving faults is really good too.

Enjoy the driving when you get a car.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 17-01-07 12:50:06

sammie06

Congratulations on passing. Sounds like you had a good drive and 3 minors well thats a great result big_smile

age.png

#5 17-01-07 13:28:29

dwalin

;D well done your welcome for the message.you should be very proud.dwalin  smile

#6 17-01-07 13:59:41

MiniClassic
Verified Member

Congratulations on the pass & the excellent drive.

& that write up will help other first timers - they'll see that examiners are human after all!

Ambition Driving College

#7 17-01-07 15:29:00

dog
Verified Member

Congratulations on the result, it being your first attempt and all. smile

I hope I pass first time lol smile

#8 17-01-07 15:53:03

worddogg

well  done you  tongue what a great result
congratulations and enjoy your day  big_smile

drivertrainingtodayxi8.jpg
SIG DONE BY >>REBELEFX<<

#9 17-01-07 18:01:45

DEE

Well done you!!
Welcome to the pink club!

Dee

THEORY PASSED 1ST TIME...20 JULY
PASSED 14 DEC 10 MINORS!!!!!
IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
SUCCESS COMES IN A CAN NOT A CANNOT!!!!
event.png

#10 17-01-07 18:06:14

emma155

Well done!! Great result!!! smile

Started learning to drive: December 2005
Theory Passed 1/2/2007 - 35/35 & 59/75
Practical: 15/08/2007 - 5 Minors

#11 17-01-07 20:15:59

robo
Website

yay a great result right there, congratulations !!!!

Theory test - passed first time - 23/8/06- 35/35 & 49/75 on HP

Practical test - passed first time - 20/11/06- 6 minors

Pass plus completed on the 11/12/06

#12 17-01-07 22:15:20

sal

Well done Sal.
I was thinking of you today as I had my first test yesterday and I also passed with 7 minors. Woo Hoo!!!!

I also had a bay park right at the beginning in the test centre too.

My examiner was lovely, and I hate silence too so I did chat a little bit and he seemed happy to respond too.

I have a P reg fiesta and I love it!!! I've been out loads on my own since yesterday afternoon (mainly picking up my teenagers from here and there) I suppose I am the new taxi for the family! And I even drove with the radio on today lol

The only thing I am gutted about is that he took my provisional license and said my new license should come within the next 3 weeks so I presume they will stick the dreadful photo I have from the provisional on it.   :oops:

Hope you get a car for yourself soon,

Well done and safe motoring!!!!

Sal x

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 17-01-07 22:24:16

dog
Verified Member

The only thing I am gutted about is that he took my provisional license and said my new license should come within the next 3 weeks so I presume they will stick the dreadful photo I have from the provisional on it.   :oops:

Yep and that photo will stay on it for the next 10 years  lol lol lol

#14 18-01-07 07:48:31

sal

Can I not pay to get another on it?  rofl   big_smile

#15 18-01-07 08:42:22

msdarcy721

EXCELLENT Sal!

what a cracking drive!!! it sounds nothing short of excellent wink

go you!!!! i bet you're chuffed to bits!!! i bet it doesn't feel real, even now?!

awwww definitely something worth celebrating!!!!!!!

well done again!!!!! brilliant news!!!!

#16 19-01-07 20:38:37

24fansal

Hahaha, lol sal. I was thinking the same about my photo too, its bloomin dreadful. Member of the addams family doesn't come close to describing it.  ;D  Thanks everyone for all ur messages!! I am still buzzing and am on such a high, beats passing my a levels 100x over and has been the best thing i have ever done. And yea msdarcy it doesnt feel real, i cant sleep cos im so excited (thought i would be able to but am sleeping less since i passed, lol) and i think it means so much as well cos i worked hard etc. But yeah best feeling i have ever had.

My parents weren't gonna get me a car cos of finances but now we are looking cos i think they thought i had done so well that they didn't want me to not use the skill and lose it, so hopefully i will find something soon, yay!!!!!

Board footer