You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-07 08:23:37

sw
Verified Member

BSM Part time franchise

Hi,

I recently passed my part 3 and am considering the part time franchise with BSM around my full time job which is shifts. Has anyone got any experience of the part time franchise? I believe they pay you for each hour you teach, I know rates aren't great on the pink licence but is it higher if you have a green badge?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

08-01-07 08:23:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: BSM Part time franchise

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 08-01-07 09:04:32

c-way
Verified Member
Website

I was on the variable rate with BSM as I too had a second job, the rates don't go up when you pass sadly and yes the rates are low!  The more hours you do the more you get on average per hour but in my experience it doesn't pay the bills!  The good bit is that if you only do a few hours you don't owe them the rest of the franchise fee and you get use of a car!

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 08-01-07 09:34:43

sw
Verified Member

Thanks for the reply c-way.

I have a full time job which even though doesn't make me rich I can survive reasonably comfortably on. The idea is that any money I made from teaching for the first year would be used to replace the savings that ive used on training. Any money after that would be a real bonus. Ive heard that you get between £7 and £8 an hour and petrol has to come out of that as well. It's not a great rate but at the mo i'm swayed towards it to start with, and you get a car included.

#4 08-01-07 10:23:54

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Just a thout whoosh. AA franchise £184 a week and £30 a pupil. If you worked say 20 hours a week with them thats £500 a week less franchise with a pupil a week and petrol is going to be just under £300 a week. leaving £200 for yourself.

BSM pro rata you will prob just break even. Worth looking into.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#5 08-01-07 10:58:07

sw
Verified Member

I have been thinking about the AA Captainhook. Im looking to do about 15 hours a week to start with, which is the minimum with BSM on the part time franchise. AA -15 hours x £24 an hour = £360, less £184 a week franchise = £176 less petrol, tax and pupil intro fees. I have a couple of family friends who want lessons so that should save some pupil intro fees. I've heard that AA support is great at the start, been doing lots of training with an AA trainer in a Focus so i'm used to the car (minor benefit I know).

Also the Focus would be more comfortable to teach in as im not the smallest guy in the world! Ive requested an information pack from them and talking to BSM later so will make a choice soon.

#6 08-01-07 11:49:32

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Yes first 8 weeks franchise is low i have been with them 8 weeks and havnt paid a full franchise yet. Even if you end up with £100 a week after everything and a new car to boot.

Hope you can decide its a difficult choice. big_smile

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#7 08-01-07 11:50:23

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

if you do decide to join AA give me as a referral and there is £200 up for grabs and we can share it. LOL

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 08-01-07 11:52:45

sw
Verified Member

if you do decide to join AA give me as a referral and there is £200 up for grabs and we can share it. LOL

The AA ADI that ive been having training with has got there first!!

#9 08-01-07 11:57:29

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Ok mate no prob LOL. At least youll get a ton if u do. big_smile

#10 08-01-07 16:02:53

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

The BSM option is a nice one if you don't want too much work, or commitment, while training. There's a sliding scale starting at only a fiver for you per hour (you pay your own petrol) for the first 5 hours I think. Once you do more hours you get more money rising to about £11 an hour if you do over 25 hours.

You must be willing to take on 15 hours for this, though obviously they rarely supply all of this at first, you may want to talk to a centre manager about when you want your diary open. Worth looking at when training, but you won't make money out of it really. Be careful with any agreements you sign though - I don't think it is as bad as signing the franchise with them, but I think you have to sign something - too long ago now to remember.

#11 08-01-07 16:06:17

Blew
Verified Member

Why don't you look around at small local schools for a part time deal?

You may find that they can offer you a better deal

Blew.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 08-01-07 20:46:42

Lexy
Verified Member
Website

Why don't you look around at small local schools for a part time deal?

You may find that they can offer you a better deal

Blew.

That would be my advice too. Don't forget, now you're qualified, you can pick and chose what is best for YOU. smile

#13 17-01-07 01:31:37

sibeks
Verified Member
Website

I've been on a part-time Franchise for just over a year now, I have my own car and really standing by to consider to go on my own as I supply half my own pupils. I work nights on another job in a nice warm office and could knock up stationary with whatever software they have.
Sounds like you're almost in the same position as me without the car tho.
All the best
Si

Part 1 Passed Nov 8th 04 - 1st Time
Part 2 Passed Apr 20th 05 - 2nd Time
Part 3 Passed Mar 23rd 06 - 2nd Time

http://www.rimmersdrivingschool.com

Board footer