You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 06-12-06 21:32:08

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Re: FLEET TRAINING

Im a bit lost really-fleet work is making sure existing drivers are still driving safely-yes, so they reduce the amount of company car driver crashes, which is the law by the government.

Correct me if im wrong.

So why do we need a specialexam to tell us how to train them when we already do train people to drive.

Am I missing something.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

06-12-06 21:32:08

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 06-12-06 21:37:17

hector
Verified Member
Website

Yes Martin you are missing something!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#28 06-12-06 22:02:15

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Would u like to ellaborate big_smile

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#29 07-12-06 14:43:49

ExAdiNigel

But you examine for them, so they can't say you don't know the way they work!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#30 16-12-06 16:13:35

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

Nigel, an examiner may not do actual DD work, although all the examiners I know do. And as said before if he hasn't done the RoSPA diploma they wont use him for training just examining.

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#31 13-01-07 20:48:07

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I'm interested in looking towards fleet training, but more towards the HGV side of things.  Where do I start?  I can see a very good opening for myself with a company I know well if I can get it right.

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#32 13-01-07 22:40:38

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

With most jobs experience counts for a lot, the fleet badge says you have the initial knowledge to be given the opportunity, fleet work is different, tact is important along with excellent road safety knowledge your clients may also have lots of driving knowledge, they may already hold advanced driving qualifications and be keen motoring enthusiasts they will try to trip you up, I would be wary of just sitting the DSA exams even if you pass them with out either gaining experience with qualified drivers or taking a course.

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

#33 14-01-07 18:55:54

comedrivewithme
Verified Member
Website

I am well experienced as a HGV driver.  I also hold quite strong views about road safty as regards traffic in general and HGVs in particular.   Young drivers who are new to the industry, will be an easier proposition in some ways than those who've been driving as long or even longer than I have. 

The opening I can see would be with a company and a set of drivers who I know well already, so it's not quite going in the deep end right at the start.  I just need to know how do I approach it.  Should I go the HGV insructor route, or go for ROSPA LGV advanced driver's route. (Haven't got a clue if those letters are correct, but you know what I mean.)

Give yourself independenc, learn to drive!
www.Comedrivewithme.com
    Treorchy, Rhondda.

I see friends shaking hands, saying
"how do you do". 
They're really saying
"I love you" (Louie Armstrong)

#34 14-01-07 19:00:32

Graham Hooper
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I do not know what would be best, so the only suggestion I can make is do both

www.1st-4.org
www.tri-coachingpartnership.co.uk
Part 3 Rescue a speciality, Fleet/Learner check test, Coaching courses, Advanced driving SAFED, ADI-CPD or if just want some advice.

Board footer