You are not logged in.

#1 13-01-07 22:58:00

AClassSteve

Frustrating Fleet

1. Have been on the Fleet Register for almost 2 years after doing course down in Bristol.

2. Have been on the books of at least 3 major fleet training providers (each advertises regularly in Fleet News).

3. Have done SAFED course.

4. Have advertised, done press releases, mail drops etc.

5. HAVEN'T HAD A SINGLE FLEET JOB IN ALL THAT TIME!!

Have seen many posters (not just on this forum) saying that they have lots of work and many saying they have very little.

Seems to me that fleet is very geographical in its take-up and success. Our area, Shropshire, is of course very rural.

Would like to know if successful fleet trainers get most of their work from the more densely populated areas of UK e.g. West Midlands, London etc.?

13-01-07 22:58:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Frustrating Fleet

#2 14-01-07 06:57:36

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

It a case of having a recognised name, most of my work comes from RoSPA from whom I achieved my diploma, I have a few small contracts of my own with the likes of the City Council and Fire Service.
I'm afraid it really is a case of being known and having a track record.
Anyway dont get too disheartened because the pay isn't that great, you could probably earn more in a day teaching advanced driving.

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#3 14-01-07 17:38:20

AClassSteve

Thanks for that encouragement.

I do agree with you and we are looking at employing a PR company to get the name more recognised locally.

Personally, I am doing the advanced driving with IAM to eventually join IAM Fleet to get work through them.

#4 14-01-07 17:42:23

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

Good luck.

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 16-01-07 17:13:23

ExAdiNigel

Thanks for that encouragement.

I do agree with you and we are looking at employing a PR company to get the name more recognised locally.

Personally, I am doing the advanced driving with IAM to eventually join IAM Fleet to get work through them.

Once you've passed, get registered with Drive & Survive too.  They are part of the IAM now, so should be more than happy to accept the IAM qualification.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Board footer