You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 22-08-06 06:29:15

ExAdiNigel

Re: Suzuki swift

btw the engine is made together with fiat  lol, i like my corsa engine it's the only thing that hasn't gone wrong  roll

Then it is probably the same engine as the Corsa 1.3 cdti!

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

22-08-06 06:29:15

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 15-11-06 17:37:33

Disky
Verified Member
Website

I went for a test drive in a 1.5GLX the other day.

As i currently train in a mini one, i compared it to that, here are my findings.

Visibility,, fantastic
turning Circle,, WOW
Comfort,, Much better than mini
Noise,, is it started ?
Engine,, Very responsive

Heres the deal they tried to get me to take :

£2500 Dep
48x £178 per month
Free Duals
Met Paint
60k / 3 years warranty
9 yrs corrossion warranty
6 years paint warranty. (Or vice versa)

Overall, i was quite impressed,, and may look at a bit of investment soon LOL

EDIT
OH, bit i didnt like is that the MPG computer does not give you ave MPG , at some points i was getting 99.9mpg smile LOL

#28 19-11-06 17:24:16

luchell

You can change the mpg comp to do average readings. reason it says 99.9 is when you are cruising along and not pressing the gas pedal much. Press it down more it drops rapidly to about 49.9 lol

Remember reverse on the petrols is under 5th diesels its up and next to first. Drove my mums 1.3gl earlier and i don't like it as much as mine, spec is lower whereas the 1.5 spec is the same as mine except it has remote start. Diesel, once i started it i saw no preheat and for a short while i thought id been had and they'd given me the petrol version  lol Its really really quiet for a diesel. Petrol one is also way easier to stall than mine, mine is quite easy to stall for a diesel it won't let you just move off on the clutch whereas my heavier diesel clio would.

#29 20-11-06 00:44:23

dog
Verified Member

My ADI has a diesel Fiesta and reverse is down and to the right.

#30 12-01-07 22:06:33

ivor-biggin

Hiya,
       Thinking of getting one. Heard a lot of mixed reviews.  Mainly interior rattles etc . . . Looking for reasurrance . Is it recommended then ?

Theory passed 21/12/2005 34/35  63/75
Practical passed 2/5/2006 1st time  7 minors

Dreams CAN come true !!!!

#31 12-01-07 22:07:28

Evan

The one I went in kept on stalling in reverse and jumping out of gear.  ;D

#32 12-01-07 22:12:14

luchell

You knew i would come here didn't you Ev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (He had his foot on the dual footbrake so i couldn't get out mums drive  AND changed gear whilst i was driving so it was revving cos i was accellerating!!  roll lol)

Nigel no its not the same engine used ine the corsa cdti Ev has one and his sounds COMPLETELY different to mine like the older heavier diesels no offence guys  lol Mine is REALLY light and refined it sounds weird like its not a diesel i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both mum and I have one i have no rattles or anything of the sort its as solid as brick sh*t house pardon my language but mine has been through the mill and its looking gooddddddddddddddddddddddd  lol Oh and its roomy  lol  Oh and pupil the other day on pass plus was gobsmacked by the pull still left in 5th gear when we were on the motorway the 1.3 DDIS is thy to go folks  lol lol

P.s get the DDIS though  lol

#33 12-01-07 22:15:31

luchell

Check out the piccys mine is blue bare in mind that they show the left hand drive

if you buy the petrol version reverse is under 5th diesel as standard is top of the range same as mine  big_smile air con alloys front fog heated and electric mirrors blah blah  lol

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/swift/index.html

#34 12-01-07 22:25:29

ivor-biggin

Sounds good to me.
                    Just have to convince other half now.
                                Why is it ok for them to buy shoes and it aint ok for me to part wiv 9 grand ?>  big_smile
                                                     Steve

#35 12-01-07 22:27:06

Evan

I couldn't hear Hayley's engine at all too be fair, but that was due to the bad language and abuse she was hurling at me ;D ;D

#36 12-01-07 22:30:41

ivor-biggin

lololololol lol

#37 12-01-07 22:39:50

la.monikita
Verified Member

the engine is the same wink as the 1.3cdti, with age the engine get louder lol, my first cdti 05 plate corsa was much louder then the 56 plate i bought, i'll give it another 10k and it will be the same sound lol

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#38 12-01-07 22:52:22

ivor-biggin

Hayley,
            I heard that the Swift has a really cool, snappy gearchange. Is this true ?
                            I just think that it looks really cool and modern and a great mini cooper alternative, with more space obviously
                             Cheers
            Stevo

#39 19-02-07 21:42:15

castigersfan@NVDT
Verified Member
Website

Hi All

Ordered My 1.3 DDIS in Bright Red last Friday (16/02) expected collection 1st / 2nd March if my number transfer clears in time...

Having run Citroen for last 4.1/2yrs C3 & C2 decided that they required too many trips back to the garage for repairs... both required steering racks around 10000 miles current C2 had new selectors in the gearbox at 25000 miles and then just before Christmas £400 repair bill crank pulley/water pump/timing belt kit and massive fuel leak!  Even after this I was in two minds and finally jumped for the Swift... It does require more regular service but I have negotiated a discount of around £300 over 72000 miles servicing..

I asked a mate who has had the Swift for around 3 months if he would honestly buy it again if he was looking and knowing more about the car having run it for 3 months and he said yes.... 

So cant wait roll on March

Paulp   big_smile

Covering - Leeds, Garforth, Rothwell, Castleford and Surrounding Area's

www.newventuredrivingtuition.co.uk
info@newventuredrivingtuition.co.uk

#40 19-02-07 23:46:02

luchell

Are you sure La mon Evs cdti sounds the same as my clio did not like my swift now  lol

#41 20-02-07 22:31:52

castigersfan@NVDT
Verified Member
Website

DAM!  got phone call this evening 5.45pm and told they they cannot get me a red car...... DAM!

Now going to take a bit of time off tomorrow and see if I can locate one then tell these where to shove the order from me!

Paulp :x

#42 21-02-07 23:03:59

castigersfan@NVDT
Verified Member
Website

smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile  smile   smile  smile

Happy Happy Happy

After telling them that I would cancel the order if they did not locate the car I wanted and that I was now searching other dealers for one, they came up with the goods !

RESULT !

so soon as the car is prepared and my number plate transfered were on the road

Hope this car will be Worth all the bother it has caused

Regards

Paulp

smile   smile  smile  smile  smile   smile   smile  smile  smile

#43 14-03-07 08:51:35

castigersfan@NVDT
Verified Member
Website

First Impressions.....

1st day out with pupils in my new red toy - 1.3 DDIS
Pupils were giving good feedback, they like the seating position, it seems to be higher than my previous car.
One pupil who has her test next Monday is happy to continue and take the test in it, I did offer to move her test back a little with no cost to her, but she is fine about it..

Plus Marks:-
I like the gear change, it is very positive and love the position of the reverse - forward along side of 1st - I can relax a little now when th pup's are coming out of 5th - and trying to put it in reverse!

Steering, having had a variable power steering for many years I like the fact that the feel of the steering in this car is constant.. 

Wipers control, nice and simple to use, on previous car had to fiddle a little to turn rear wiper on and it used to confuse some pupils...

Minus Points:-
No automatic door locking when driving away....  need them locked in some areas up here!
Central locking is on the drivers door and when it is locked you can not open the door from the inside - so I intend to build it into the DSSSM routine and get them to tell the examiner they can unlock their door if they want to...

Only hight adjustment for the steering wheel no movement in or out... 

So far these are the only minus point I can think of! and it is what you are used to having so I will get used to this I am sure

I am having a problem with the boot closing... have haveing to slam it and it does not always close, teething problem will ring garage and get it sorted!

Regards
Paulp
smile

#44 17-11-07 08:41:13

DampDog
Verified Member

Looks like one or two of you peeps have been using the swift for a little while now so how are you finding them?

Are they standing up well as a training car, any thoughts now you've been running one for a while. Reason I ask is I took a little test drive in a 1.5GLX and was pleasantly surprised, pulled cleanly in 4th, 30mph (some small cars wont) interior better than I'd imagined, hard plastics but reasonable quality. Doors are a bit tinny when they close but no rattles on the move. Thing is they are well cheap to buy and they offered to throw the duals in for nowt.

DD

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#45 17-11-07 20:15:49

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I have the 1.5glx 06 from new and still recommend it as a training car. Simply superb value for the money and comfortable too.

#46 17-11-07 20:24:18

Luchell
Verified Member

I've had the 1.3 DDIS 06 from new I will always be biased towards diesels because i do just love them. Fuel ecomony is great, i also don't like the push button start function on the GLX. Thats just me though  smile I adore my Swift and can't see me going off it anytime soon.  I have had a large intake of new pupils in the last few months and they all love it  smile

Depends on what you call well cheap to buy though? My duals were thrown in and the car was just under 10k, so a good price for air con, alloys, diesel engine, seating for 5 as the diesel only comes in a 5 door. The 3 doors only offer seating for 4.  Front fog lights think thats bout it. Mum bought the 1.3 Gl at the same time as me it was ok but i way preffered mine  lol

Oh yep reverse it's only next to first on the DDIS on the petrols it's under 5th.

Mines on 20k now so far two new front tyres, grinding on brakes so got new pads and discs under the warranty once the dealership were fed up of me moaning about the sound as it didn't happen all the time.

Handbrake cable recall, checked no problems apparently......... until the cable snapped about a week later  lol

Doors decided to lock me in seems the Ecu needed resetting that did the job however i pushed for a new Ecu since as i didn't want it if something was going wrong with it and the car was under warranty so i got a new one.

So everything so far covered by the warranty apart from the servicing which was cheaper than i imagine. 9k minor service cost 110 i think major service at 18k cost 180 i think. No more than that. They put the new pads and discs on then and so far no more noises.

Cabin i find really roomy compared to some other training vehicles  smile Seats are very supportive and even after a long day my back still holds up which it couldn't in the Corsa clio or fiesta even briefly  neutral

#47 18-11-07 16:02:01

DampDog
Verified Member

From what I've read on other forums the grinding squeaky brakes are very common across the range, as are handbrake failures and suspension clunks and thunks on rough surfaces.

What I mean by cheap is
VW Polo 1.4TDi SE = £12300 ish
Suzuki 1.5GLX = £9200
I call that cheap! the diesel is only £10500 ish. But as they say you don't get "Owt for nowt" and wondered if they are just the bit fragile for a training car.

Agree with you on the seats though, they are good for a small car, plus in my opinion they are better looking than the mini and far more practical.

ADI (car)
1st CT (5)

I used to be a compleat idiot, until some bits fell off...

#48 18-11-07 17:46:34

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

Had a test drive in the DDiS couple weeks ago. Must admit I liked it.  Im going for a change in the new year and have pretty much decided on the Swift.

The dealer was including Suzuki duals in the 10,000 price.
What other deals did you people get included so I can push for those too. eg extended warranty, steering rack, mats, extra full size spare wheel.

Are the suzuki duals as good as he-man?

Give me ideas to push the dealers to the limit...

#49 18-11-07 18:09:20

spikeyperch

A good link for anyone who fancies a Swift.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/car-reviews/ca … 04762.html

Ev

#50 19-11-07 11:53:48

Doc
Verified Member
Website

I got them to add mats and steel wheels with trims so that when the time comes to pass it on it will have original mats and gleaming alloys.

Board footer