You are not logged in.

#1 13-12-06 18:54:52

KrissyH
Verified Member

Passed Part 1

Passed part 1 today 99/61. Intending to take part 2 in Sheffield in January/February depending on progress..or lack of!!

Has anyone taken part 2 at the Handsworth test centre?

Thanks Luchell for the advice re the HP test.

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

13-12-06 18:54:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Part 1

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 13-12-06 19:41:18

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Congratulations!  Great score too!  One down two to go! Hope your training goes really well for you.  Let us know how you are getting on.   smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 13-12-06 21:29:57

KrissyH
Verified Member

Thanks c-way. Will no doubt be using this forum for advice in the future. It has been a real help.

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

#4 13-12-06 21:33:56

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hope you are celebrating, you deserve to be!  You did better than me, failed part 1 first attempt although got 100% on questions only 56 on HP, guess my balance on practice wasn't quite right!!!!    roll

#5 13-12-06 21:38:16

KrissyH
Verified Member

I failed first attempt two weeks ago. Got 100 and 55. 2 clips disqualified for clicking too often. Nevertheless passed now!!

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

#6 13-12-06 21:41:59

c-way
Verified Member
Website

ohhh I know that feeling, blinking computer games!  My pupils can crack it no problem, enjoy the part 2, it's fun!  lol

#7 15-12-06 20:56:40

Josephs Grandad

The ADI Test Routes for Part 2 are on the DSA Website, Handsworth ain't a bad place.

#8 15-12-06 23:05:36

keith-adi
Verified Member
Website

wd krissy best of luck for your pt 2 o/

We can all drive! some of us don't know it yet!     Smart Start School of Motoring
lessons available Wirral wide.

http://www.smartstart-wirral.com

#9 07-01-07 18:42:59

maders
Verified Member
Website

i have failed my part 1 twice now for the same thing, hazard perception part, its really beginning pee me off! on the practice ones its not a problem i can pass it easy! the 1st time i was clicking to much and now the 2nd time i was not clicking enough!

'be driven to success'

#10 07-01-07 19:06:38

KrissyH
Verified Member

Don't give up!!!  I found advice on this website really beneficial particularly that posted by Luchell about only clicking on 'developing hazards'. Also don't be afraid to click more than once to ensure you have clicked in the relevant time frame. You will score a X if clicking all the way through the clip which means you have been clicking on potential hazards i.e. a car parked at the side of the road which then doesn't move and become a developing hazard.

Re book again. Don't let a computer beat you!! 

Part 1 Passed Dec 06
Part 2 Passed Feb 07
Part 3 Passed June 07

#11 07-01-07 19:10:41

luchell

bless you, heres a link to what i wrote about the hazard perception i think i will make it a sticky on its own ill sort something out but have a read of this link

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/in … ic=19138.0

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 07-01-07 21:42:06

standon11
Verified Member

Passed part 1 today 99/61. Intending to take part 2 in Sheffield in January/February depending on progress..or lack of!!

Has anyone taken part 2 at the Handsworth test centre?

Thanks Luchell for the advice re the HP test.

hi i did my part 2 in worksop so can't help you there.however i did my first attempt at part 3 a few weeks ago at handsworth.the test centre is opposite a big asda store,there's no car park there all the cars just pull up on a layby next to the road.you will probably drive straight down the road where there is speed humps all the way down & then turn into a big housing estate,quite a lot of narrow roads,lots of traffic & steep hills aswell.i did a turn in the road on a very narrow road up there & quite a steep gradient.if you turn right from the test centre then your straight onto a set of lights which will bring you onto the dual carriage way.can't tell you exactly what route is because as far as i know they have a choice of about 3 or 4 different routes.i know on my part 2 in worksop there was four different routes for it.i downloaded the routes think it was the dsa's website not sure now,anyway i went down to worksop to try out the routes & they made no sense at all think they were all wrong way round.see if you can download the test routes & then go & have a drive down to handsworth to get familiar with area.to be honest i would have liked to have done my part 3 in worksop but they don't do it there i think it's not quite as hectic.on the other hand i'm not from sheffield or worksop i'm from doncaster and in a way when you drive in an area that your not familiar with it can benefit you because you have to be that bit more alert as to what sort of junction or road is coming up next.

#13 07-01-07 21:47:03

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

One down two to go well done on your success. big_smile

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer