You are not logged in.

#1 05-01-07 22:54:55

g.man

check test

hi looking for some help on the best reading material for the check test,i am expecting to get my first check test pretty soon.i have been thinking of buying, {GET THAT GRADE 6 BOOK. DRIVING INSTRUCTOR ADI/PDI PT 3 }from ebay,anybody ever read it? any help appraciated.many thanks

05-01-07 22:54:55

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: check test

#2 05-01-07 22:59:10

Karenadi

It's for sale on here in the driving instruction items for sale:  Gary Condon is selling.  Never seen it or read it though, so can't be sure as to how useful it might be.

#3 06-01-07 01:26:19

gary.condon@tiscali.co.uk
Verified Member
Website

It is sold by DIA so I hope it is good, its on e bay as well.

G

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 06-01-07 07:21:22

Doug
Verified Member
Website

It is sold by DIA so I hope it is good, its on e bay as well.

G

So Gary you bought it, your now selling it, but it appears that you havent read it to know how good it is yourself yikes

Doug

#5 06-01-07 14:00:44

Verified Member
Website

My opinion is not relevant as it can be disputed by other instructors who  disagree that there is anything to learn from a book as oposed to just doing it.

I am ready for my check test and I feel A LOT more confident since I read the book and I have learned many new tips on teaching, but thats just my opinion.

I am going back to driving lorries as the ADI work is zero since I passed and the only pupil I did have was stolen by the local big school by telling her boyfriend that I had very little time under my belt compared to them.

So I will not need to hold on to much of this gear, all that said, I will still do a check test as a challenge.

G

#6 06-01-07 14:16:19

Doug
Verified Member
Website

Gary its sad to see you go so soon. Did you spend time as pdi on part time basis. It took me over two years part time before I had  enough work to go full time. (80 hour weeks seven days a week and no hols for two years, I still remember it 14 years later).

Doug

#7 06-01-07 15:10:41

Verified Member
Website

No I never did go the PDI route maybe if I had, I would have been with the big school instead of trying to work along side or in this case, against.

It was interesting anyway, while it lasted and its another feather in the cap when I look back on life as an old man in years to come. I will not turn away work if it comes in but the push to get a school going is over.

I have had offers from schools that want my money EVERY week but they in turn offer no gaurentee of work. In most cases i have to advertise their school, give them the names of my personal students? and all they do is sit back and get bigger on my work and reputation.

It should be a pay by results system that is fair to all. I have had some schools that have NO footing in my area asking me to join them. I would need to pay them for the privlage of using their unknown name in the area to gain them work and make their school bigger?

I cant see it, I have tried but I just cant see why i should pay them till they are a known school. If they get me work I will gladly pay, that has always been my point.

Anyway, the house is soon up for sale as we are busted and i may look to move to an area where ADIs are NEEDED this time.

I will still be here and watching.

G

#8 06-01-07 21:32:49

g.man

thanks for the replies ,also has anybody ever read The Instructor's Guide, by company called smart driving ,is it worth a read? many thanks for the replies

#9 06-01-07 22:07:17

Karenadi

Gary that is so sad.  I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you.  I hope you can recover with the lorry driving, but whatever you do keep your green badge: AND wherever you end up, see if you can put some low profile advertising in place you just never ever know: it could just lift off when you are least expecting it.  Good luck.

#10 06-01-07 22:12:09

Verified Member
Website

I live in hope that the ads I have placed do pay off in the end.

G

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 07-01-07 08:16:36

bsmfinegan
Verified Member

thanks for the replies ,also has anybody ever read The Instructor's Guide, by company called smart driving ,is it worth a read? many thanks for the replies

Yes, it is good stuff, worth a look.

Regards

Bryan

#12 07-01-07 13:01:24

g.man

cheers bryan smile

Board footer