You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-01-05 13:27:43

dashdriving.com
Website

Communication skills !!

Hi all,

I just had avery amusing telephone message on the answer machine whilst I was out, and I wondered if any of you have had anything similar happen.

A short time ago I had a message left for me from a PDI asking for advice. No problem, always happy to help. Except that the caller didn't leave a name or a return contact number. Having dialed '1471' I found that his number had been blocked. Mmm . .  short of calling MI5 and asking for a phone trace I had no way to ring this person back.

Having just walked in the door to grab some lunch I noticed the answer machine bleeping away. I played my messages and found one from the same PDI who called earlier. He was very indignant that I hadn't called him back and he clearly felt as though I had let him down.

Guess what?

He still didn't leave any contact details and he again rang from a phone with a blocked number !!

This really is a very interesting lesson in communication skills for us all. We each see the world and all that happens in it through completely different eyes and with completely different points of view. Out there somewhere is a PDI who feels very let down and that I have been ignorant in not bothering to ring back. The reality is that I would love to help, but I don't have a crystal ball and I can't communicate with someone who makes it impossible.

Communication is a two way process. It's useless to make the process impossible and then complain that you don't get what you need from the other party.

Just a thought

Dave Hartley

Dave Hartley
ADI Trainer for Dash driving

www.dashdriving.com

you never do anything wrong,
you just find new ways of not doing it right.

05-01-05 13:27:43

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Communication skills !!

#2 05-01-05 15:17:44

Rich M

Sell this material to the BBC - What a classic. little Briton would be interested big_smile

#3 05-01-05 19:31:40

buzdriver

i have that same problem my self they they say can a book a lesson with you and then ive got to guess who it is lol.

Board footer