You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 05-01-05 17:19:13

Hilary Hughes
Verified Member
Website

Not Warm

A few weeks ago my air con started to leave a film of mist over the windscreen. It was only occasionally  so I thought I'd monitor the situation before going to main dealers etc.

Now, the heater has packed up ( not the fan ) so there's a nice steady stream of cold air when you put the blower on ( just nice in these temperatures!? ).

Anyway, I've had to book the car ( Fiesta X reg ) into the main dealer for diagnostic ( £65 for starters...ooo...not good )- anyway, I 've done this only after speaking to another mechanic who said that this used to be a problem with Fiestas but he thought it had been sorted out by the time the X reg's were made. Apparently, there's a valve which is very unreliable which causes the problem ( within the heater, I assume ). The engine is warming up as normal, by the way.
Just wondered if anyone had  any suggestions to stave of a forth coming heart attack  after next Tuesday's visit.

Thanks.

Hilary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hilary.hughes/

Preview/Purchase e - book here
http://hilaryhughes341.googlepages.com/home

http://hilaryhughes.com/

05-01-05 17:19:13

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Not Warm

#2 11-01-05 22:21:59

Anonymous

Re: Not Warm

Have you warmed up yet Hilary?

Had a new steering rack fitted over Christmas and with the wet weather yesterday I put the air con on and after a minute or two the windows were still misty.  Outside temp was 10 c.  Lifted bonnet to find that the pupm wasn't working.  Garage mech may have disturbed something.  Another half day off.   sad

Peter

Board footer