You are not logged in.

#1 30-12-06 13:06:52

empyell
Verified Member

Newbie unlurks

Hello all, been lurking for a while, finally got around to registering.

Started this lark last spring, managed to get through parts 1 and 2, did my 40 hours and started working on a pink a couple of months ago (local school franchise type thingy).

A mixture continued training with my regular instructor and working with pupils has got me just about reaching the point where I feel that on a good day I may be able to have a go at part 3 without making a total ass of myself. Two probs remain, though:
1 - even in my short time I've seen more than enough pupils reach a similar point - that point where you kid yourself you know what you're doing - and having seen how things can often go from there, I think maybe I should sit tight for a little while longer;
2 - how the heck to trim briefings that often run to half an hour once a few questions have been lobbed at me down into the 10 minutes or less I'll need to do them in on the day.

So while I try and get past those two, I'll just continue on here as I've been doing - reading what I've found to be excellent and informative posts in the PDI section, and picking up useful advice all the while.

Anyway, cheers all
Mike

30-12-06 13:06:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Newbie unlurks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 30-12-06 13:09:46

jonks

Welcome to the site smile

been lurking for a while, finally got around to registering.

You didnt have a choice. The site went registration only today smile

Hope you enjoy the site, and no more lurking... Get posting smile

#3 30-12-06 14:07:05

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

Hello empy, keep talking now you're in and official!

With your briefs - hack them - and be ruthless, anything which is not strictly necessary should go. Use the recap wisely, and try to find out which bits they don't know that they NEED to. If you start going into loads of stuff that MIGHT be useful, you'll never move! All of the extranaeous stuff can be covered during the drive. Phase 1 is simpler for this - just wittle everything down to the NEED to know element, then explain it as simply as possible. In Phase 2, you'll need to have all this information in your head, then find out where the gaps in their knowledge is.

Hope this helps.

#4 30-12-06 14:30:19

luchell

Hey there and welcome to the forum, feel free to post away to your hearts content on the pdi forum so we can help you further  smile

#5 30-12-06 14:42:43

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum  smile

#6 31-12-06 00:13:55

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Hello Moto-yes as said before only worry about the key areas of any briefing. If you try hard enough you will only end up with a max of 10 things for any briefing. 2 minutes recap giving 6 to 8 mins to go over 10 points that might need to be mentioned.

Phase 2 recap i wouldnt even take that long. Just q and a relevant on subject. Often this will give you the answers so listen for them-dig for them. 5 Mins max on a phase 2.

Gives you time to do the paces and find faults.

but remember if you cover the key areas in your brief the se wont act up as much.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer