You are not logged in.

#1 21-12-06 18:06:41

keith williams
Verified Member

What next?

Hi all  big_smile

Been reading with interest for a while on here about diplomas, cardington tests, C&Gs etc.

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do first though? I want to develop myself further somehow but not sure what path to take. What's the best thing to do first? I'm thinking the diploma but wouldn't mind some more information about it. Is there a website somewhere that describes exactly what's involved and where the modules can be sat? Also, do you have to be a member of the DIA to sit the exams?

Cheers all. It's a bit overwhelming and I can't seem to commit to a decision about what to do

21-12-06 18:06:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What next?

#2 21-12-06 20:40:58

hector
Verified Member
Website

Hi Keith consider starting with c and g 7302

This can be done at your local college over a period of weeks or intensively over 1 week (40 hrs) this leads to 7407 or cert ed, which take considerably longer.

In theory from the end of next year anyone training adults over 16 needs to do 7302 as a minimum. Whether this applies to driving instruction is anyone's guess.

The diploma takes some amount of study and you would need to start now ready for next May.The dia are currently redesigning their website to cover details of the diploma.
It can be taken nationwide including NI.
Each module has a fee and an enrolment cost for all modules. Approx £40.00 plus approx 35.00 per module.

You could do the diamond special in NI, good starting point being the diamond advanced if you havn't already done it. 

All this could lead to a driver based degree if you want to go the whole hog.                       

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 21-12-06 22:07:04

keith williams
Verified Member

Thanks Hector

The diploma seems a bit of a daunting task at the minute so maybe the C&G would be a good way to introduce me back into the idea of studying!

I'll have a look at the diamond advanced as well.

That gives me a good starting block now, not thinking about it all at once  yikes

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 21-12-06 23:31:47

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

I'm doing the Dip DI at the moment, and it really is a bit daunting, but interesting, though I'm not sure my seive of a memory is really up to some bits.

Good luck, anything is better than nothing, and it all gets you back into that cpd habit - get a headstart on it!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 22-12-06 07:04:44

bsmfinegan
Verified Member

In theory from the end of next year anyone training adults over 16 needs to do 7302 as a minimum. Whether this applies to driving instruction is anyone's guess.

Going of tack slightly it would be good if it did become compulsory for Di's, at least this would put a stop to the current advertising from a well known company "You only need a Driving License to start your Instructor training" etc etc.

Regards

Bryan

Board footer