You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 21-12-06 08:29:27

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Pink Licence extension?

How many of the PDI's/ADI's out there have been able to obtain an extension or a second trainee licence from the DSA?  I have been told by my franchise owner that I am entitled to apply for another pink licence but my request will almost certainly be refused. Therefore, I should appeal against the decision during which time I can continue training on my current pink licence. Any experience?

Colin Kentish
Grade 6 DSA Approved Driving Instructor (car)
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Dream as if you'll live for ever
Live as if you'll die today

21-12-06 08:29:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Pink Licence extension?

#2 21-12-06 08:37:25

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Ive been told that as long as you have at least tried to get your attempts in they will grant you one-is this your first attempt at part 3 in january?

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#3 21-12-06 08:43:57

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Yes, I have my first attempt booked for mid January but I am still not really where I would like to be and don't want to waste an attempt. However, my pink licence runs out in February so I will probably have to have a go! What do you think?

Colin Kentish
www.colinkentish.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 21-12-06 08:54:49

Evan

Yes, I have my first attempt booked for mid January but I am still not really where I would like to be and don't want to waste an attempt. However, my pink licence runs out in February so I will probably have to have a go! What do you think?

If you haven't taken an attempt and you are coming to the end of your pink licence, the DSA may want to know what you have been doing with your time. Six months should really be enough time to get sufficient experience and training to allow at least one attempt to have been taken.

If there were other mitigating circumstances, family problems, illness, or as mentioned above the DSA not being able to provide a date for a test, then this will be taken into consideration.

All initial requests for extensions on pink licences are refused thus making an appeal by yourself necessary, this gives you a chance to outline your reasons for needing the extension. Ev

#5 21-12-06 09:26:47

collywobs
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Ev. There are no particular circumstances as to why it is taking me so long. The only thing I would say is that my initial training was so poor (TIC) that I lost so much ground in the early weeks.  During the 40 hours training, the majority of the time was spent in classroom preparing and practising PST briefings. When we did get in the car during the afternoon (piggyback system) again practising briefings, probably only 15 minutes per session in the front seat working on core competencies, which turns out to be the most important part!  Very frustrating.

Colin Kentish
www.colinkentish.co.uk

#6 21-12-06 09:34:28

Evan

I have pm'd you. Ev wink

#7 21-12-06 11:20:39

copone
Verified Member

It would appear that whoever is training you are not doing there work properly. Possibly taking your money and certainly giving nothing in return. I wish you the best of luck and hope you make it. I'm sure you will.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

#8 21-12-06 15:02:05

chasbart
Verified Member

yes ev is spot on..thats exactly what i had to do but i also told them that i wasnt teaching for 3 months due to family matters, which was true at the time.

chas

chas

#9 21-12-06 15:16:52

pj
Verified Member

I have known an pdi who got himself 2 extentions yikes  don't how but he did neutral

PJ Dip DI

if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

#10 21-12-06 17:08:26

sue martin
Verified Member
Website

We have also had inconsistant experiences when it comes to obtaining a 2nd pink licence for pdi"s....experience 1. this was when you had to wait 3 months for a test date, pdi failed first attempt and 1st available date for 2nd attempt was a couple of weeks after the 6 mths was up, applied for a new licence,cheque cashed, heard nothing , took 2nd attempt and passed, then had a fight of over 1 year to get the money back paid out for the licence that never materialised ( they claimed never to have received the application but cashed the cheque!  roll)
experience 2 . same scenario as before awaiting 2nd attempt , applied for licence , cheque cashed , 2nd licence giving another 6 months arrived in the post! )
experience 3 . same scenario as before...........applied for licence , cheque cashed , asked for reasons why licence should be granted, noticifcation of intent to refuse, appeal lodged , part 3 passed before hearing date granted.....this "bought" an extra 4 months but having gone thro this process again a year or so later it now seems it can be processed thro to a hearing in under 6 weeks........
my advice?....don't rely on anything over the 6 months....even if the appeals process starts up they can revoke your licence to teach if they wish..
Sue

0800 298 8928
http://thebrightredl.com
The Bright Red L
Online Booking App. FREE TRIAL  http://instructorapps.co.uk/

Board footer