You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-12-06 22:01:03

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Can you advise me please?

having placed a post on a thread on a topic regarding fleet training and not being replied to with regard to what it really entails-I would be gratefull if someone could advise me on the structure of a fllet lesson and what is entailed in training,

Thanks in advance.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

08-12-06 22:01:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Can you advise me please?

#2 08-12-06 22:20:18

hector
Verified Member
Website

Captain ill pm you tomorrow!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#3 09-12-06 06:58:00

ExAdiNigel

A typical fleet lesson would start off with some sort of presentation of around an hour.  Then you would go out and do a vehicle check & eye-sight check.  Next would be in-car, and assessment and then coaching until about half an hour before the end of the session.  Then debrief & form completion.

Hector may well go into a lot more detail for you, but that is a brief summary.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 13-12-06 23:52:04

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

having placed a post on a thread on a topic regarding fleet training and not being replied to with regard to what it really entails would be gratefull if someone could advise me on the structure of a fleet lesson and what is entailed in training,

Thanks in advance.

having placed a post on a thread on a topic regarding fleet training and not being replied to with regard to what it really entails would be gratefull if someone could advise me on the structure of a fleet lesson and what is entailed in training,

Thanks in advance.

GoodQuestion Capn, as discussed previously, I carried out and passed the diploma course as another challenge to my driving capabilities, now that it has been pointed out to me that if i pass part 3 with my Dip qualification, i can carry out fleet training.

is there any chance capn or Hector could help me as well?????

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

#5 14-12-06 11:49:27

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

I still havny got a clue realy. Sounds like its just like a normal lesson, but going into more detail about health and safety and eco driving and stuff relating to working as a driver.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#6 14-12-06 12:19:00

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

probably Capn, I have a powerpoint presentation on tachographs which I train out within my work and was wondering if it should or Is trained out on the fleet days?

Tachographs are changing soon to Digitachs anda lot of companies need to be aware of this, another avenue for the Flet boys me thinks big_smile

Driver CPC Trainer

#7 14-12-06 13:09:28

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

But dont tachographs only get used on 7.5 tonners and above and i thought fleet refered to drivers of cars and light vans.

Could be wrong.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 14-12-06 15:20:02

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

But dont tachographs only get used on 7.5 tonners and above and i thought fleet refered to drivers of cars and light vans.

Could be wrong.

Again, I'm not sure of all this fleet thing either, but if like me an ADI has his LGV lisence, would he not then be able to teach fleet to LGV drivers as well, and if so, as an extra incentive to get work, get some Tachograh knowledge to pass out?.
P.S, the 7&.5 tonners are soon to be restricted to 56mph like the bigger LGV's and some transits do have tacho's fitted, getting a bit to complicated fo me now, my heads sore big_smile roll roll yikes

Driver CPC Trainer

#9 14-12-06 15:48:32

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Thats why even though you have the necessary qualifications to be able to do fleet it might be a good idea toactually do a fleet course-otherwise youll be in the dark a bit-i hear they are about £500.

#10 14-12-06 16:59:37

Carl

i hear they are about £500.

And the rest. I'm looking to do the RoSPA fleet course (Advanced Instructor course) next year and the current price is £885 + VAT. It would be better to budget around £1100 if you're serious about a fleet course. Obviously, like the ADI qualification, you could do it yourself but it's such a varied qualification I feel that a proper course is the best way to go.

Carl

#11 14-12-06 17:58:57

hector
Verified Member
Website

Captain apologies for not giving you some info, i have been doing very intensive teaching course this week.
Ill pm you some detailed info later tonight!

Carl the courses don't have to be  £1100.00 !

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#12 14-12-06 18:12:30

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Thanks hector

#13 15-12-06 23:37:09

ExAdiNigel

Carl, you have passed the RoADAR test at Gold standard, if you time your course right, you should receive £100 discount on the Diploma course.

Ekal, Capn Hook,, Fleet training is assessing risk and coaching as opposed to fault finding & instructing.

Nigel

#14 16-12-06 09:00:56

Carl

Carl, you have passed the RoADAR test at Gold standard, if you time your course right, you should receive £100 discount on the Diploma course.

£885 is the discounted price. It's listed as £975 + VAT. I know there are others who are cheaper but I've heard it said on many occasions that the RoSPA course is one of the best. I've looked at Pro-Drive and UK Road Safety. I know the IAM do one as do the DIA.

I've got the Fleet pack from the DSA so I could do the course on my own, if I wanted to. I just feel that it would be better to go somewhere and do it.

Carl

#15 16-12-06 09:53:26

ExAdiNigel

I agree, I was recommended the RoSPA Diploma by the training manager of a competitor!

Nigel

#16 16-12-06 16:05:42

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

RoSPA will not take on trainers who have not qualified through their course whereas some other organisations will accept RoSPAs qualification.
As Nigel says fleet training is about risk assessment and remedial tuition. A typical full day would entail about two hours theory then in cat training. Some jobs are just in car assessment and training.
To be honest if you don't know what you are doing then you shouldn't be doing it!!

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#17 16-12-06 16:22:46

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Uh carla im not doing it but looking into the possibilities and wanted toknow what it involved before i went any further with it-thats what a forum is for. wink

#18 16-12-06 16:27:12

CarlatPUK
Verified Member
Website

wink didn't understand you right, apologies.

PROGRESSIVE-UK Driver Development
Professional driver training by professional trainers
We also train driving instructors

Grade 6 (and worked for it)
RoSPA Diploma advanced driving instruction
Registered Fleet driver trainer
Cardington, IAM, DIA, blah, blah....

#19 16-12-06 19:07:03

Carl

...about two hours theory then in cat training.

Oooohhhhh, do you get Vet skills too!?!?!?!!?

(sorry couldn't resist ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

#20 17-12-06 00:02:03

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

Captain ill pm you tomorrow!

Hi Hector, can you please PM me details as well

Driver CPC Trainer

#21 17-12-06 00:20:09

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

he must be busy i do understand but no pm yet. big_smile

#22 17-12-06 08:35:51

hector
Verified Member
Website

Ive sent you some info Captain at last!
Also more info on website, it isnt finished yet though! Thanks to jonks by the way, if i can alter it about any idiot can!

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#23 18-12-06 17:53:52

timmanwaringadi
Verified Member
Website

#24 18-12-06 18:45:02

hector
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Tim you insipired me actually when you said you could alter yours about. Always a problem with the old one.

I didnt realise it could be so easy to do i add about 5 pages a night to it and will keep building it up and changing things.

Jonks is putting an online shop on in the future, and giving general advise when i ball's the general layout up!

I am hoping to have about 100 plus seperate pages of info available eventually.

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 

#25 18-12-06 18:48:36

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Thats what i wanted hector and jonks advised me against it-but heh  im only saying.

Board footer