You are not logged in.

#1 07-12-06 18:30:32

Izzy
Verified Member

go for pink?

Hi everyone....

As u all know by now,I've been doing my ADI training with the AA.I've come to a point now that i feel i need hands on experience with real pupils, to help me with the part 3 ( i know it sounds selfish ). The AA don't take on pink's, so my question s was, could i go on the pink with say BSM, and would i need to pay them? what is the criteria for going on the pink if i haven't trained with BSM. i cannot afford to pay for any more training fees as I've shelled out close £3000 so far.

part 1; passed 98%, May 06
part 2:passed 4 minors, Sep 06
part 3: who knows ??

07-12-06 18:30:32

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: go for pink?

#2 07-12-06 19:27:45

luchell

Yes you would have to pay bsms franchise fee which depends on if you do part time or full time you pay that out of the money you earn teaching pupils but then you would be tied to a 6 month contract? When is your part three hun?

Could be interesting AA trainees taking out pinks with BSM  neutral Wonder if there is anything saying you should work for the AA or anything Izzy once you have qualified?

#3 07-12-06 19:41:14

Izzy
Verified Member

Luchell,Hi

Had booked part 3 test for mid Jan, but no way am i going to pass.So have put it back! :cry: no date yet,maybe March.
As for training with the AA. no i am not tied in to any contract.so pass or fail there is no comitment to joining them. ( my trainer suggested it could help if i were to go pink)
As for BSM, would they take on PDI's and sponser them on pink's from other training schools.
i have had approx' 24hrs part 3 training, would i need to do more b4 they would sponser me?????????? :?

#4 07-12-06 20:02:37

luchell

Yes you must have 40 hours part three training and your trainer must sign off a certain sheet, all sounds VERY mish mash to me im afriad hun  neutral

Bsm if they have the work will take a pdi on but there are fees involved per week and a contract and an assessment to see if they are happy to take you on. May be better to look at a local instructor to see if anyone could sponsor you where abouts are you area wise? What are you looking to do on the pink hun, how many hours? You really shouldnt be thinking of earning money on one smile

#5 07-12-06 20:05:14

Izzy
Verified Member

MONEY ..WOULD HELP, BUT MAIN OBJECTIVE(SOUNDS LIKE A LESSON)
IS TO GAIN EXPERIENCE AND COULD BE HELPFUL IN FAULT FINDING...WHAT DO YOU THINK?????????????

#6 07-12-06 20:08:22

luchell

A good trainer in your area sounds like a better idea hun  :cry:

#7 07-12-06 21:03:49

Izzy
Verified Member

know any good ones in Ilford,essex?????? ( cant afford to pay !!!!)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 08-12-06 09:47:11

Target
Verified Member
Website

Honest I'm just laughing at this whole scenerio. Not laughing at anyone here, but AA offsprings working with B$M as a Pdi.

I do not know the in's and out's of the PDi system, but I would assume your AA instructor can sign off the 40 hours then you can take that to any other school and they would use this to start you as a Pdi.

Does not seem the AA have really thought out the package of training.

I would consider a couple of things. ( or maybe a few )

You say you are short for cash which I understand, I disappeared halfway through my training to work for 6 months to get extra money. Damn ?????? bleed you dry.

Be sure in your own mind, that working on a Pink is for training, you may not see any profit at the end, which in turn would have been put towards extra training for your Part 3. Remember the chances of passing are the same by using the pink route or not.

You mention hands on experience. Well. Whilst I qualified without even teaching a beginner, I did take the instructors son and daughter out for lessons. ( lit about 4 hours ) He did this alot. I paid the standard fee (£25) and feedback was given. A friend of mine actually took his pupils out. Again. He paid the pupils fee and the instructor /trainer sat in the back. So the pupils lesson was paid to the instructor and the instructor got the extra on top. Everyone was happy.

Can your AA instructor not do this with you? The pupils are happy because the lessons are paid for, assuming he has pupils and is not just purely doing instructor training.

You may have to spend some more cash somewhere. Most people travel to meet trainers, its a shame your never told from the start what the training really costs at least then you could budget for it.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#9 08-12-06 13:17:51

Colin Martin
Verified Member
Website

I have to echo previous posts. If you go as  PDI with any other school they are going to want a Franchise Fee. They owe nothing to the AA and are all seperate businesses and like ny business cannot give away services for nothing. It does seem a bit harsh though that the AA would train you up to Part 2 level and have no arrangement to go on a pink. From a business point of view this sounds like shooting themselves in the foot.

Colin Martin
The Bright Red L http://thebrightredl.com
Instructor Apps http://drivinginstructorapps.co.uk
Apps Video channel https://www.youtube.com/colinbythesea

#10 08-12-06 15:17:59

luchell

Who exactly is doing the instructor training is what i am wondering? From Izzys posts i am not getting the best impression  neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral neutral

#11 08-12-06 15:29:32

Target
Verified Member
Website

Any Adi the AA cares to have on the franchise.

They get sent upto Hinckley for a few days in house training. Come back and are sent out on the road with unsuspecting Pdi's.

Not even sure if theres any minimum requirement for these Adi's. When I left it was 2 years, but things are deperate and camp AA now since noone can afford the franchise fees.

Not to mention. Whilst the clients pay the AA some £30 per hour, the instructor only sees around £22 per hour, less than they may get for teaching learners.

Hardly an incentive.

Izzy......If they offer a refund, get out why you can.

Approved Driving Instructor ADI(car)
Cardington Grade (A) Diamond Special DIA MSA IAM ROSPA (Silver)
QEF Mobility Qualified
Taxi Driver Training DATT
BTEC Qualified Assessor
www.targettuition.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/TargetTuition

#12 08-12-06 17:27:16

Izzy
Verified Member

I hear what u all say,
and i must admit i was sold on the AA's glossy brochure.
" train with us, pay as you go, 1:1 training,we are only a phone call way( 25p a minute BT charge) etc,etc,etc,".. looking back on it ,i was sucked in by their excellent sales pitch. my fault i know!!

you say my instructor needs to sign off on 40hrs,if i wanted to the pink route with another school. maybe thats why with the AA you only get 33hrs part 3 training,minus the test time, so in other words you get 30 hrs.

i now know that the AA are a good franchise, but as for PDI/ADI training, they have a lot to be desired.
on another point, b4 you sign up,they tell you "don't worry,our trainers pick u up from your front door" this is a load of *ull. once you have paid them, and they make sure the money is in their account, they turn round and tell you " we haven't a trainer in your area, you will have to travel to him or meet up at a convenient place"

#13 08-12-06 17:42:00

keith williams
Verified Member

Izzy, you should write all this down and send it directly to the AA.

I'm sure they would appreciate the feedback about your experience

#14 08-12-06 17:46:06

Izzy
Verified Member

and i forgot...on the rare occasion u get him to come down,he takes off half an hour from your time for his travelling, they dont tell you that either

#15 08-12-06 17:59:27

keith williams
Verified Member

Seriously Izzy, get in touch with the AA directly and have a chat to them about it.

#16 08-12-06 18:05:42

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Whats that about 30hours and the test time lol. The test time is completely seperate and should be included in the price.

They have to sign your adi 21t with 40 hours so how can they do that if you havnt had 40 hours.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

#17 08-12-06 18:09:58

Izzy
Verified Member

I'v tried Keith.

they say the PDI help desk is open till 7pm, and manned by ADI trainers,to help you with any prob's. if you can get anyone to pick up then they either are not ADI's or their just taking messages cos the main persons gone home for the day early, this happened on about 5-6 occasions, and at about 4pm..
i think i'm gonna write to them, can i say that i think the part 3 has been sub-standerd and would they consider starting again with another maybe more experienced trainer who will come out to me as it states on their brochure, what are my chances???

#18 08-12-06 18:15:51

Izzy
Verified Member

thats what i meen, you pay for 33hrs part 3 training, but when you read the small print, it says minus the test time.

i thing k thats why they dont want to give you anywhere near 40hrs, so you dont go off and do pink with another school, cos u may not join them (AA) IF YOU PASS.......
does that make sence?? :?

#19 08-12-06 19:15:59

captainhook
Verified Member
Website

Have they signed your training form for 40hours though.

For intensive driving courses or weekly lessons from a driving school using the latest Audi A3 - covering the Slough and surrounding areas - visit www.go-pass-driving-school.co.uk

Board footer