You are not logged in.

#1 25-11-06 16:29:04

Matrix
Verified Member

First Check test coming up

Hi Guys

I have my first check test (educational) coming up in 2 weeks.  Been told to stear clear of manovers.  Have decided on Xroads.  I intend to teach controlled Xroads next week bring in regular Xroads for the test as a carry on from previous lesson.  The pupil i have gone for is on his 12th hr of lessons and i have deliberately avoided the xroad situation so as to teach it on the day.  My problem is that my pupil is like a little sponge, no matter what i teach him he takes it all in and does not leave room for error.  If this happens on the day he may not give me any cause for IAR.

neutral

25-11-06 16:29:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: First Check test coming up

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-11-06 17:07:19

c-way
Verified Member
Website

Hi Matrix, good luck with your check test.  I had my first last Saturday and had planned to do roundabouts following a problem on the previous lesson.  I had to change my plans straight away when he clipped the kerb outside the test centre!  Be prepared to change your plan, watch for every little fault and IAR asap.  Stay in control and the hour flys by!  Have fun.  Don't forget to remind the pupil that with the extra weight in the car to ensure that biting point is solid and extra gas may be needed to move off.  (mine stalled it straight away even after the reminder!)  Best of luck, at least unlike the part 3 this is a normal lesson!   big_smile

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#3 25-11-06 17:34:26

Matrix
Verified Member

Thanx C-way, did not occur to me about the extra weight.  Cant believe i am hoping he makes a mistake.  lol

#4 25-11-06 17:43:05

ivorthedriver
Verified Member
Website

Who ever told you to steer clear of manoeuvers is talking tosh.The SE is there to test your instructional ability.What you choose to teach is your business not the SE's(unless you choose role play).

Some would say SE's get bored with manoeuvers,tough they are there to do the job.

Patient professional grade 6 driving instructor.
Driving Schools South East London

Driving lessons south east London

#5 25-11-06 17:49:56

Matrix
Verified Member

I agree, if they get bored thats there look out, just dont want to p**s any of them off so early on in my career.  Plenty time to do that later tongue 

#6 26-11-06 00:44:22

chasbart
Verified Member

forgive my ignorance but wot does IAR mean?
and with regards to manoeuvres my belief is no matter how good you teach the pupil if you do one on your test the best you could hope for would be a grade 4...maybe thats just a myth though.

chas

chas

#7 26-11-06 00:49:37

keith williams
Verified Member

On my educational I used a pupil who I felt was good enough to get through the lesson without having to do too much on other subjects and was usually genuinely interested in whatever subject we were doing.

Only thing was, the ?????? knew it was some sort of test I was on and thought he would do me a favour by asking some random questions while we waited at traffic lights. It sounded rehearsed even though I was not expecting it, I was dying for him to shut up but he kept going.

At the end of the test the examiner talked me through the de-brief etc and at the very end made some comment about not prepping the pupil before-hand. I tried to explain that I genuinely didn't but he clearly didn't believe me.

Next time, I'm not fussy about who I use.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 26-11-06 09:36:58

c-way
Verified Member
Website

forgive my ignorance but wot does IAR mean?

(fault) identification, analysis, remedial action

ADI, IAM, B+E Training, CAT C & C+E Training www.c-way.co.uk

#9 26-11-06 14:02:47

chasbart
Verified Member

thanx c-way...
i thought that was 3 core...but yes can understand why its called IAR now...ty

chas

chas

#10 26-11-06 14:10:23

luchell

I've not heard it called that i just worked out what it was Chas so don't worry big_smile It is indeed a myth that you can only hope for a 4 if doing a manouvre, its just if hes already seen two turn in the roads that day i suppose yours would have to have something extra unless you're the first of the day of course  lol

Board footer