You are not logged in.

#1 24-11-06 21:17:52

shengen
Verified Member

Recommends on fleet training

Can anyone suggest a good company local to yorkshire that does fleet qualifications  8-)

24-11-06 21:17:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Recommends on fleet training

#2 24-11-06 22:17:57

ExAdiNigel

The road safety unit in Lancashire County Council?

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#3 24-11-06 23:42:35

shengen
Verified Member

are they accredited to give fleet qualifications, ie the orange badge :?

#4 25-11-06 06:12:12

hector
Verified Member
Website

Yes they are accredited

EXCELSIOR TRAINING 
James Dawson Grade 6 ADI (Ordit Registered) Ba (Hons) Driver Education
ADI qualification/Check test training/Excelsior DSA Ordit/fleet courses
Johnny boy United 20 its coming son

#5 25-11-06 07:03:36

ExAdiNigel

That's why I recommended them!   roll

Seriously, contact the DSA and request a fleet pack.  This will contain a list of all accredited training organisations.  If you can get someone else interested, some of the training companies will send trainers out to you.  Bear in mind, if you are hoping to get work from some of the 'fleet companies' some of them are fussy about what courses they will recognise.  You may need to consider the likes of RoSPA, who tend to be a little more expensive though they often offer discounts to those who have already passed the RoSPA test at Gold level.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Nigel

National Standards Cycling Instructor, Ex Adi

#6 25-11-06 07:58:08

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I think all Fleet providers will insist on a familiarization course in order, at the very least, to check that you will do things in the manner they want them done and also to ensure that their paper work is done properly.

#7 25-11-06 16:28:09

Carl

I'm planning on doing the RoSPA course and, as I've got RoSPA Gold, I should get it £100 cheaper. However, I still have to try and find the £1000 for the course, accomodation and registration. Depends if there's any work at the end of it.

Carl

#8 25-11-06 20:23:25

copone
Verified Member

Do the ROSPA course, then start contacting Fleet driver training companies. I know a company at Essex who I do work for, and the owner wished I lived in Essex because there is plenty of work in the South of the country. It will eventually work its way North. I live in the North East area and it is becoming popular. Good luck and go for it. You will regret it if you don't.

ADI. Class 1 Police Advanced. HGV Class 1. Member of IAM AND DIA. Rospa Gold. National Diploma for Advanced Instruction. and Examiner. IAM fleet trainer. Safed trainer.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#9 26-11-06 16:18:32

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

The DIA can accomadate you in yorkshire with Ian Williams a great trainer

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#10 06-12-07 20:40:22

THEDRIVER
Verified Member

Lancashire County Council Fleet course will take a lot of beating, it has certainly launched my Fleet career, I am very busy.

The driver

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 06-12-07 22:31:02

Lynne
Verified Member

I'm planning on doing the RoSPA course and, as I've got RoSPA Gold, I should get it £100 cheaper. However, I still have to try and find the £1000 for the course, accomodation and registration. Depends if there's any work at the end of it.

Carl

And the week's lost earnings Carl neutral

#12 24-12-07 22:24:47

Lily-Anne
Verified Member
Website

I'm doing an acrredited fleet course next year, and am really looking forward to it.  I recently passed the Cradington drive, so getting a taste of new horizons.

I didn't fancy the Rospa one, so went for the adi federation one instead.  It seemed to offer the best training in terms of trainer knowledge and expertise.

LA

http://www.centraladitraining.co.uk
BA, Dip Di, Cardington 'A', NLP Practitioner using coaching as a life skill.
http://www.aicoachingsolutions.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#13 24-12-07 22:46:58

EKAL
Verified Member
Website

I didn't fancy the Rospa one,

why was it lacking in your view LA?, I would have thought the RoADAR Diploma was "just" about as good as it gets?

DSA ADI, DSA Fleet, RoADAR Diploma, RoADAR Gold.
SAFED for LGV/HGV - SAFED train the trainer
Driver CPC Trainer
www.agnewdrivertraining.co.uk

Board footer